Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Everything 118th Congress Thread

@DCGoldPants

20 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

Kudos @mistertim for use of "neodymium magnets" which are a preferred type to use in high performance tweeters. ๐Ÿฅธ๐Ÿค“

ย 

Surprisingly, I actually know a little bit about this. Back in my days as a yute I was very into car audio (the high quality reproduction of sound subsection, not the "how many 12 inch subs can I randomly jam into a Honda Accord?" subsection).

ย 

I recall you mentioning previously that in a former life you were an audio engineer of some flavor, right? IIRC you were more along the lines of high end studio and/or home audio. That was a bit above my pay grade at the time.ย  :ols:

ย 

Just now, Califan007 The Constipated said:

ย 

ย 

And here I was thinking that was a typo lol...๐Ÿ˜

ย 

It was. I meant to type adamantium.ย ย 

• Haha 2
  • Thumb up 2

I can't believe so many of you would be fooled by Nancy Mace, I thought we were better than that here. She really is not better than RFK Jr., Manchin or Youngkin. They say one "not so bad" thing, surrounded by off the wall, stupid/racist/crazy **** and you guys want to focus on the one empty, useless word salad that they toss you? Hmm, for those of you who think so, all elections have been moved to December.

Edited by Simmsy
  • Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

While removed, if you had asked me what the likely outcome would be, I would think McCarthy's reinstatement with enough Dem's to counter the Freedom Caucus votes and increasing the motion to vacate threshold.ย 

ย 

The Dem's would get something in exchange, like shutting down House impeachment of Joe Biden, removal of the rules committee hard right conservatives.ย  This would absolutely benefit the Biden district GOP Reps.ย ย 

ย 

Now all these polls... Kevin McCarthy, who was pretty much "80 percent MAGA" , was not MAGA enough?ย ย 

ย 

If the GOP goes with a MAGA speaker (which would mean Gaetz wins and the 8 GOP members got to dictate what they wanted to the 96% others), I don't see how this doesn't make Congressional negotiations more liberal.ย  Granted, assuming it is Gym Jordan... he might get one shot at being part of Biden-McConnell-Jordan discussions.ย  But the first time MAGA screws over the rest of the country -- he will make a place at the table for Jeffries.ย 

ย 

So, if it is truly process related and Gym Jordan (or whoever) or whomever the MAGA speaker is -- both Scalise and Hern are allegedly more moderate.ย  If its a MAGA speaker and it truly is process -- theres nothing they can do to fix FY 24, but they can fix FY25.ย  Process.ย  If they want to go MAGA, and MAGA is upset because the GOP didn't "fight hard enough..."ย  well, we could see a shutdown.ย ย 

ย 

It's clear why politically the Dems removed McCarthy.ย  They either get a more moderate House or they get some MAGA jerk pushing the House to the full MAGA....

Re:ย  Nancy Mace Video Above

ย 

Either lying or incompetent.ย  So you have never been curious enough to just Google "Jim Jordan Ohio State allegations"?ย  Not even when you have been sitting in the House so bored out of your mind waiting to vote?

• Thanks 3

8 hours ago, Fergasun said:

Re:ย  Nancy Mace Video Above

ย 

Either lying or incompetent.ย  So you have never been curious enough to just Google "Jim Jordan Ohio State allegations"?ย  Not even when you have been sitting in the House so bored out of your mind waiting to vote?

ย 

I think she's absolutely 100% lying. She has a masters in journalism, has been an advocate for sexual abuse victims, and isn't a stupid person. Unless she pulled an Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and literally had the memories removed, there's zero chance that she isn't quite aware of those allegations against Jordan.

ย 

But her political ambitions outweigh any moral convictions. Which is basically par for the course.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

She also did that thing where the politician who's been cornered really quickly spits out a lame half-assed denial line and then try to move on to something else before any other follow-up questions are asked.

ย 

"YeahIdon'tknowanythingaboutthatI'mnotawareofthat.....But what I can tell you is that..."

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, mistertim said:

She also did that thing where the politician who's been cornered really quickly spits out a lame half-assed denial line and then try to move on to something else before any other follow-up questions are asked.

ย 

"YeahIdon'tknowanythingaboutthatI'mnotawareofthat.....But what I can tell you is that..."

So where is she on the Susan Collins meter?ย :ols:

• Haha 2

On 10/7/2023 at 6:33 PM, mistertim said:

not the "how many 12 inch subs can I randomly jam into a Honda Accord?" subsection

I put 2 12โ€ JL audio w3โ€™s (I think thatโ€™s what they were called) in my civicย 

ย 

one year at college the trunk popped open while driving because the bolt that holds the trunk latch rattled looseย 

Edited by tshile
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, tshile said:

I put 2 12โ€ JL audio w3โ€™s (I think thatโ€™s what they were called) in my civicย 

ย 

one year at college the trunk popped open while driving because the bolt that holds the trunk latch rattled looseย 

ย 

Jl audio, yes. Very good stuff. Back in the late 80's my audio store put 16 10" jls in a folded four baffle mdf enclosure, driven by eight Precision Power amps (200 watt min rms per speaker) in the extended cab section of a blazing yellow custom Ford f 250 that we used as one of our promotional vehicles.

ย 

I would detail the rest of the system but that would be off topic.๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜Ž

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1