Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Everything 118th Congress Thread

@DCGoldPants

23 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

No matter who ended up being the current president, outside of trump, I just don’t feel the blame is laid at their feet. 

And I just don't feel that you can objectively look at the withdrawl and NOT place any blame at his feet.

*noting for emphasis that I didn't say ALL or MOST of the blame.

Edited by TheGreatBuzz
  • Thumb up 2

18 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

And I just don't feel that you can objectively look at the withdrawl and NOT place any blame at his feet.

*noting for emphasis that I didn't say ALL or MOST of the blame.

Yeah, I hear you. We disagree, But I understand what you’ve said. I understand that I am a civilian and we think differently. 

I just don’t see what anyone could have done differently when forced into that situation. Granted, I don’t have all the knowledge and the facts of the situation that Biden has/had. But it was destined for failure from the start. 

He delayed as much as he could, but the Taliban took over. Our troops were outnumbered by the people there that were still fighting us and then an extra 5,000 got released to help their cause. 

The Evil Genius said we only had 2500 troops there at the time, i thought it was 3000 when Biden took over. I see as of 2021 it is estimated that there are 75,000 Taliban in Afghanistan. Kind of hard to fight that with 3,000 troops.

The withdrawal could have been handled better if people would have listened to the experts on the subject (the military) instead of just doing whatever the hell they wanted to. 

Ultimately, I’m glad we got out of Afghanistan. It was a good decision. But the time frame was unreasonable from the start.

And I’m still pissed that the republicans are trying to make an example out of the defense Secretary, I know ultimately the crap they are trying to pull is not going to be upheld, but look in the mirror sometime. (Not you buzz, well unless You want to)

Edit: One more thing. I’m really glad Biden is not out here saying “Afghanistan was really unfair to me.” “Trump was really unfair to me” At least he’s not whining about it and I assume he accepts some responsibility

Edited by Fan since a Fetus
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

6 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

500 lbs of moose meat isn't at all a strange thing to find on a plane in the bush in Alaska. I'm glad the guy had a successful hunt to wind things up.  I rode a couple of those planes when I was spent my summer up there and I couldn't help but be aware of the, basically bi-weekly, news of another bush plane going down.  AK is almost as bad as Australia at finding ways to kill you. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

On 9/28/2023 at 6:04 PM, Fan since a Fetus said:

The Evil Genius said we only had 2500 troops there at the time, i thought it was 3000 when Biden took over. I see as of 2021 it is estimated that there are 75,000 Taliban in Afghanistan. Kind of hard to fight that with 3,000 troops.

You left out the 300K Afghan soldiers we spent like 80+billion dollars training and providing military equipment to.  So the Taliban were outnumbered 330K to 75K..........and the Afghan troops just rolled over without a fight and gave control of their country to terrorists.  

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

You left out the 300K Afghan soldiers we spent like 80+billion dollars training and providing military equipment to.  So the Taliban were outnumbered 330K to 75K..........and the Afghan troops just rolled over without a fight and gave control of their country to terrorists.  

That would be 303k. Also, the Taliban weren’t outnumbered if 300k weren’t willing to fight. 

Therefore, our troops were outnumbered.

Edited by Fan since a Fetus

1 hour ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

That would be 303k. Also, the Taliban weren’t outnumbered if 300k weren’t willing to fight. 

Therefore, our troops were outnumbered.

I made a typo.  That aside, it doesn't change the fact that 300K Afghan soldiers and our American troops had a clear advantage during the withdrawl, it was ****ing a 3:1 ratio.  And the Biden Administration totally botched the withdrawl.  And the republicans can also be blamed.  

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro
  • Thumb down 1