Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Major chud, Andrew Tate, arrested in Romania in human trafficking probe

Cooked Crack

24 minutes ago, youngestson said:

Anything or anyone who's seriously obnoxious or is considered, by adults, to be of bad taste is cat-nip for teenage boys. If they think it will tick off the adults, it's pretty much gold. 

I don't think this situation is really new, teenagers have always pushed boundaries and challenged of what they see as authority. However the pervasive, invasive, and addictive nature of social media and electronic entertainment has made a huge difference in how that urge to shock or create a sense of self manifests itself.  

I get what you are saying.  I can relate if it was entertaining.  We listened to comedians, musicians, etc that would horrify our parents.  I just don’t see how teenage boys would find a guy like this, Jordan Peterson, Ben Shapiro, etc entertaining. To @balki1867 ‘s point, I think everyone knew who Rush Limbaugh was, but I knew of no one my age who actively listened to him. 

Edited by Ball Security

13 hours ago, Ball Security said:

This is intriguing to me.  I have a hard time picturing teenagers giving a **** about what some mid 30s guy is talking about.  My kids are coming up, one is now in middle school.  I’m out of my element understanding the influence these people have.

I teach middle school and I have one student who is a fan of Andrew Tate. It's kind of my mission this year to develop enough of a relationship with the kid to help him make better choices about who to look up to. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 2

20 minutes ago, dfitzo53 said:

I teach middle school and I have one student who is a fan of Andrew Tate. It's kind of my mission this year to develop enough of a relationship with the kid to help him make better choices about who to look up to. 

Give the kid some benefit of the doubt. We all used to watch Jackass in highschool, but only the dumbest of the dumb actually looked up to those guys. We were laughing at them and at best, we envied that they could make a living doing something so stupid. It was only the mouth breathers that actually copied them and wanted to be them. If your kid is in that group, it may be too late for him.

16 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Give the kid some benefit of the doubt. We all used to watch Jackass in highschool, but only the dumbest of the dumb actually looked up to those guys. We were laughing at them and at best, we envied that they could make a living doing something so stupid. It was only the mouth breathers that actually copied them and wanted to be them. If your kid is in that group, it may be too late for him.

Oh for sure. I've taught middle school long enough (and even been a middle schooler once!) to know that many of these things are just experimentation with identity and beliefs. 

I just would hate for it to calcify into something else. This kid is smart as a whip.

I'm a high school English teacher and the Bugatti line gets referenced all the time, one of my students wrote about the lead up to his fight with Jake Paul as a current event because he found it interesting, etc. but I always make sure to criticize his ideas and push against toxic masculinity whenever possible. I get the appeal but he's trash and I won't tolerate any of his rhetoric actually being pushed in my classroom.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

From the WaPo article this AM

Conviction in Romania on charges of human trafficking can carry penalties of between three and 10 years. For rape, penalties can range between five and 10 years.

This guy setting himself up for years or decades in a Romanian prision would be.... pick your favorite word.

19 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Man, I saw Jerry’s Pizza trending on Twitter last night and thought 80s/90s DMV was having a moment. 

Not too familiar with Tate other than brief summaries I’ve read on him but glad to see he’s gonna be thrown in a Romanian jail for the foreseeable future. 

loved the Original Jerry's. My old man (RIP) would sometimes insist going all the way down to like Crystal City to eat at a Jerry's owned by the founder. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

loved the Original Jerry's. My old man (RIP) would sometimes insist going all the way down to like Crystal City to eat at a Jerry's owned by the founder. 

25 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Man, I saw Jerry’s Pizza trending on Twitter last night and thought 80s/90s DMV was having a moment. 

Not too familiar with Tate other than brief summaries I’ve read on him but glad to see he’s gonna be thrown in a Romanian jail for the foreseeable future. 

music-notes-colored.jpg"Ooh. Ooh. Jerry's"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Just wanna second/third the notion that Clinton-era Jerry’s was a damn solid cheap pie.  We had it so good back then.

Remember the Jerry's radio ads with the Clinton impression?  White House tried to get them to stop but I believe they just kept on going.  

38 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

The Wikipedia page on Andrew Tate has been locked but briefly it showed this:

This was funny, but the best part IMO was the Twitter Streets, Round 1, Time :01.  Hilarious.

Andrew Tate comes up with some sort of conspiracy theory that he’s in the Matrix

Andrew Tate has broken his silence after being arrested in Romania on suspicion of human trafficking, rape and forming an organised crime group.

This morning, the misogynistic motormouth tweeted: ‘The Matrix sent their agents.’

The bizarre remark came after Tate, 36, mocked climate activist Gret Thunberg, 19, by saying in a video yesterday: ‘She doesn’t realise she’s been programmed, she doesn’t realise she’s a slave of the matrix.’

Yesterday evening, however, a handcuffed Tate was filmed being led from his luxury Bucharest villa by police following a raid.

As he was walked away by officers, Tate shouted ‘the Matrix has attacked me’ to cameras at the scene.

The concept of a simulated world in the science fiction movie The Matrix has been adopted by many far-right conspiratorial and men’s rights groups.

Some members feel that their hateful views show they have taken the ‘red pill’ – which in the film revealed the truth of the artificial world to the protagonist.

Click on the link for the full article

3 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Except pizza boxes in the US are largely non recyclable (due to the grease). 

Well, much like I assume she didn't literally mean her email address was smalldickenergy@getalife.com, I also assume she wasn't literally meaning he should have recycled the pizza boxes lol...

• Haha 2