Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Major chud, Andrew Tate, arrested in Romania in human trafficking probe

Cooked Crack

In short: Andrew Tate is a one-time, professional kickboxer/ reality TV star who ended up finding success by running a cam-girl empire (allegedly he had his girlfriends oe ex girlfriends working for him).  And then amplifying his success on social media platforms and marketing himself to young men to join his "Tate University" where he will promise them success.  He also aligned  himself with the far right, who also I noted today have been tweeting out their support as if he is one of their own. I saw a tweet today "Just because someone isn't a model citizen doesn't mean they are a criminal".  

I feel like some days we live in "South Park".  My son watches him because "dad, its shock humor... it's funny..." but it's also toxic, because that viewpoint and toxicity affects his personality in ways he doesn't realize.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, tshile said:

Generally when I find I’m clueless about a topic like this when it comes up, I’m quite happy about it. 

I honestly don’t know where people find the time to know about or care about people like him. I can’t imagine finding him and thinking “this is worth my time”

If: 1) you're on Twitter and/or 2) you know who Greta Thunberg is, you would have heard of him and about him without needing to care about him first.

I first heard about him when I responded to some asinine, misogynistic comment his brother made--and then promptly got dozens of Andrew Tate's diehard fans trying to insult me as a result (it went about as well as you'd expect for them considering what I'm like debating here lol). I had no idea who he was so I Googled him...hoo, boy. About a week later, Greta Thunberg slam-dunked his ass into oblivion, and then a few weeks later he was arrested lol...perfect storm.

19 hours ago, CobraCommander said:

I'm going to assume both of you are 40 somethings with jobs/family/friends like myself. Andrew Tate seems to disseminate his vitriol to 20 somethings, with undeveloped frontal lobes, who think being an Alpha Male is the path to unlimited sex, money and power.   

Well yeah. Almost 40 something. And I know about him because people post it here. 

but really I was talking about his following, which includes the people obsessed with him because they don’t like him. 

imagine being like “I need help being a man so let me go find someone in the internet to be my man-life-coach” 😂 

Just now, tshile said:

Well yeah. Almost 40 something. And I know about him because people post it here. 

but really I was talking about his following, which includes the people obsessed with him because they don’t like him. 

imagine being like “I need help being a man so let me go find someone in the internet to be my man-life-coach” 😂 

Sadly I'm sure a lot of them don't have a father figure or hate their fathers. 

2 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

Sadly I'm sure a lot of them don't have a father figure or hate their fathers. 

I guess I hadn’t considered that. 

I guess I’m lucky, I had a strong father figure to learn from 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tshile said:

Being a man is so damn easy.  It pretty much comes down to "Do everything you can to keep your commitments".  Which is why its so damn hard.

They don't want to hear that.

• 3 weeks later...

Conservatives Condemn Tucker Carlson’s 2.5 Hour Interview With Alleged ‘Sex Trafficking Woman Abusing Fraud’ Andrew Tate

Former Fox News host Tucker Carlson received mixed reactions on Tuesday after he released a two-and-a-half hour interview with Andrew Tate, the social media influencer who was charged with rape and human trafficking in Romania last month.

Carlson’s interview with Tate for the 9th episode of his show Tucker on Twitter was the first interview the former cable news star has done since he was dumped by Fox News in the wake of its $787.5 million settlement with Dominion for airing election conspiracy theories.

While the interview received promotion and praise from figures as varied as billionaire Twitter owner Elon Musk and former New York City Police Commissioner Bernie Kerik, it also received backlash from conservative commentators and Carlson’s viewers alike.

“Tate is charged in Romania with rape, human trafficking, and forming an organised crime group to sexually exploit women. Are you an Andrew Tate right winger or a Sound of Freedom right winger. You can’t really be both,” tweeted conservative commentator Erick Erickson, in reference to Sound of Freedom — a movie about sex trafficking which was heavily promoted by conservatives on social media this month.

“Tucker devotes his first lengthy interview to a sex trafficking woman abusing fraud,” reacted Fox News contributor and Spectator editor Ben Domenech. “Not going to waste 2.5 hours of my life on these two, can someone tell me if Tucker asked Tate his opinion of Sound of Freedom.”

Others were turned off by the length of the interview, which had roughly the same running time as Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone.

“Two and a half hours? I don’t think so,” tweeted Fox News columnist David Marcus, while former Republican Illinois Congressman Joe Walsh wrote, “Two and a half hours defending & singing the praises of an accused rapist and human trafficker. So brave.”

Click on the link for the full article

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2024 at 2:12 PM, Cooked Crack said:

Whenever someone says you should watch the company you keep, most people think it means to stay away from people who break the law or something criminal. No, stupid people count as well. You will be caused more misery from dealing with the decisions of stupid people that blow back on you than anything else in your life. This guy got his friend arrested and he had no idea that he shouldn't reveal his intentions online for everyone to know. I don't feel bad, just thought I'd ramble on for a bit.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...