Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Giant Clustermess

KDawg

On 12/19/2022 at 1:42 PM, Warhead36 said:

The defense is good, but not elite. They don't really take over games. They keep us in games, like they did last night, but you can't say they weren't at fault either.

Right? I mean, for as good as the D is "supposed" to be, they didn't really make much of an impact whatsoever against the 2022 Giants of all teams. Come on man.

Still, they're not even in the top 3 reasons for why we lost.

16 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

You won't need too, once the hating on the refs passes over and everyone realizes that we can't score points and we're repeating the same exact thing, year after year, with the same failure...you'll be seeing mirroring rants all over the board.

As importat as that game was, with all the begging for our support, they put out that product? What a shameful and embarrassing display! Any goodwill toward this FO turning this team into something special has been well past used up and its time for results. Something has to change, if Rivera won't change it, than Rivera is that change that needs to happen.

I didn’t see a team that was unprepared, uninspired or not motivated to win.  I see a bad QB and OL playing poorly and making bad decisions.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

There is absolutely zero genius in determining Heinicke overall plays subpar football and that when we win, he’s being carried by everyone else.  Even when he moxies it up at the end of games, he’s making up for sucking the other 58 minutes.

By no stretch of the imagination do I think this analysis makes me some kind of football savant, it just means I’m sane.

Then what are you laughing at? It must be something Im to stoopid to understand.

2 hours ago, Simmsy said:

Sorry, but I don't need to hear another word out of Rivera's mouth, its all fluff or useless lies. Sure, he may say he knows what we did wrong, but does anyone have any faith that he can actually learn from this and turn it around. I'm pretty sure we just tied with the Giants, had a bye week, came back with our season on the line (against the Giants again) and laid a big fat, ****ing egg on both sides of the ball. Rivera's words have as much worth as a $3 bill.

Im kinda bummed we havent gotten the utterly ridiculous "GUYS GUYS GUYS" we normally get from him when some one has the audacity to question a simple basic thing. I think khe absolutely hates the media here for being too "tough" on him. Tough in quotes because were not. If anything the media babies him. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

57 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I didn’t see a team that was unprepared, uninspired or not motivated to win.  I see a bad QB and OL playing poorly and making bad decisions.

Agree, the team wants to win and the players are playing hard enough to. Our problem is bad pass protection by the OL and limited QB play compounded by horrible play calling that doesn’t take advantage of our strengths. We have a talent and strategy problem, not a motivation problem. 

• Like 3

I am getting tired of Rivera say the same thing every week.  Look, Heinicke is in there because supposedly his mobility is supposed to aid the O-line (it hasn't that  much) and because he is supposed to know the offense extremely well.  The way he is missing reads and making bad decisions, it sure doesn't seem like he knows the offense that well.

The reasons for keeping him in there are running thin.  The cons are outweighing the pros. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

I am getting tired of Rivera say the same thing every week.  Look, Heinicke is in there because supposedly his mobility is supposed to aid the O-line (it hasn't that  much) and because he is supposed to know the offense extremely well.  The way he is missing reads and making bad decisions, it sure doesn't seem like he knows the offense that well.

The reasons for keeping him in there are running thin.  The cons are outweighing the pros. 

All while talking about tests for Dwayne and what not. Gives the terrible 29 year QB whos been in the system for 4-5 years unlimited opportunity. Doesnt give the 23 year old one in his first year almost none. 

22 hours ago, Captain James said:

Right? I mean, for as good as the D is "supposed" to be, they didn't really make much of an impact whatsoever against the 2022 Giants of all teams. Come on man.

Still, they're not even in the top 3 reasons for why we lost.

I see them in the top 3 of reasons we lost. They let the nats roll 97 yards for a TD and I think that set some kind of record for Christs sake. We had them backed up against their goal line and we did nothing. The nats attacked the QB when they had us in the same position and it resulted in a TD for them. Only reason we are not complaining about the D is because of the hose job our offense received from the zebras at the end of the game. Play after play we made the nat QB look like Tom Brady in that drive.

16 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

Go back and look at WENTS play when he was in the pocket when we lost what 4 games straight.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

I see them in the top 3 of reasons we lost. They let the nats roll 97 yards for a TD and I think that set some kind of record for Christs sake. We had them backed up against their goal line and we did nothing. The nats attacked the QB when they had us in the same position and it resulted in a TD for them. Only reason we are not complaining about the D is because of the hose job our offense received from the zebras at the end of the game. Play after play we made the nat QB look like Tom Brady in that drive.

I don’t care if they gave up the greatest drive that ever was, they still only gave up 13 points.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

This is a touch disingenuous though. Our D gave up 13. Our O gave up 7 and a fumble in the red zone gave up another 3.

Also, if you tell me a D holds a team to 13 I’m saying you should have won the game.  

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Zim489 said:

All while talking about tests for Dwayne and what not. Gives the terrible 29 year QB whos been in the system for 4-5 years unlimited opportunity. Doesnt give the 23 year old one in his first year almost none. 

Haskins (RIP) had issues off the field that Taylor didn't.  Apples to oranges and big time so. 

It's insane how many chances we had to score that final TD and everything that could have gone wrong went wrong. Obviously needed the 2-point conversion and to win in OT as well. 

1. TH throws the ball to Samuels at the hashes and leads him it is an easy TD. Instead he throws it to the sideline and Samuels has to make a great catch to get both feet in. 

2. TH escapes pressure and has an easy TD if he cuts back in but instead he trips and is a yard short.

3. Brian Robinson gets in from 1-yard out but OH WAIT highly questionable illegal formation penalty that could be called 50,000 times across an NFL season. 

4. Samuels absolutely mugged with a clear DPI on 4th and goal from the 6. Would have been 1st and goal from the 1 but instead its game over. 

• Sad 1

On 12/21/2022 at 6:35 PM, KDawg said:

This is a touch disingenuous though. Our D gave up 13. Our O gave up 7 and a fumble in the red zone gave up another 3.

Also, if you tell me a D holds a team to 13 I’m saying you should have won the game. The nats ran the ball down our throat after the TH fumble in the 4th quarter and kicked a FG that put them up by 8. If our D stopped them with a 3 and out then we would have been able to go ahead with a TD and  we would have had plenty of time to do it in. 

1 hour ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:
On 12/21/2022 at 6:35 PM, KDawg said:

Also, if you tell me a D holds a team to 13 I’m saying you should have won the game. The nats ran the ball down our throat after the TH fumble in the 4th quarter and kicked a FG that put them up by 8. If our D stopped them with a 3 and out then we would have been able to go ahead with a TD and  we would have had plenty of time to do it in. 

Heinicke’s fumble deflated them