Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Game Prediction Thread - The Commanders @ The Giants ~ Gmen Meet The Moxie Maker!

zCommander

38 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

If you hold on to the ball too long, and don't have a strong arm, defenses that start out as single coverage, turn into triple coverage real quick.

Shorter, quick strike passes, maybe? Hit them where the blitzers would normally be. That's how I do it in Madden anyway lol 😂

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

I think we split wins against the Giants. We'll probably lose this weekend but win in 2 weeks at FedEx. Or vice versa. The Giants will be coming off a 2 game losing streak and in 2 weeks another loss from playing the Eagles. That's 4 losses in a row. Can't see it. Somethings gotta give and I feel they may get that break this Sunday in NY. TH has never lost against the Giants (2-0). The 4 losses against Danny Dimes were with Haskins, Smith, Allen and Keenum at QB.

Giants - 23

Commanders - 19

Edited by BleedBNG

Seeing the mass amount of initial optimism for this game made me extremely uneasy and nervous. However, seeing everyone flop back to we're probably going to lose is making me uneasy and nervous...I think I might feel uneasy and nervous...

• Haha 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Adoree Jackson is out.  Our ole friend Fabian Moreau and Darnay Holmes didn’t practice this week.  They are super thin at corner.

Considering our performance against the woeful Falcons secondary… I don’t know that I weigh those injuries too heavily.  I was gonna say this would be a good time for some Heini-magic, but just a competent passing game would be a nice outcome.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, skinny21 said:

Considering our performance against the woeful Falcons secondary… I don’t know that I weigh those injuries too heavily.  I was gonna say this would be a good time for some Heini-magic, but just a competent passing game would be a nice outcome.

I would love for them to open up the pass game a little bit.  But I have my doubts TH can do it, and I also have my doubts the OL can protect more than 25 times a game.

Id like for them to take a few PA shots on early downs.  But k dunno.  The more passes you ask Th to throw, the more bad things happen.  If you want the magic to continue, you need to limit his attempts. 

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah we aren't in a position to take advantage of a bad secondary.

This would be a good game for Wentz to return to be honest....

If we lose, he’ll get a whack at them in 2 weeks.  

The way TH has been playing, he can’t afford a loss.  His first loss will be his last game unless it’s clear he played extremely well and something else directly caused the loss.  

4 hours ago, Ball Security said:

Adoree Jackson is out.  Our ole friend Fabian Moreau and Darnay Holmes didn’t practice this week.  They are super thin at corner.

We have played some banged up and weak secondaries, ala the Vikings and Atlanta but it didn't seem to jack up the passing game regardless.  I wish it was the Giants interior defensive line that was banged up.   Dexter Lawrence is elite right now, he's as good as our tackles or at least in the same conversation.  Leonard Williams IMO is very good but not elite.

It should be an interesting game as far as tendencies.  We like to run power -- duo - when the Giants are more vulnerable to the run via outside zone.  It's not going to be easy to part the seas up the middle versus their D line. 

Also Giants blitz like mad and play their share of man setting up Heinicke to run if he chooses which he hasn't of late. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

12 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Makes sense to sit Young this week, then give him an extra week with the bye and we get him full go for the final four game stretch.

Yeah, we’ve only won 7 games without him this season.

leave him in the oven just a little more!!!

49 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

It should be an interesting game as far as tendencies.  We like to run power -- duo - when the Giants are more vulnerable to the run via outside zone.  It's not going to be easy to part the seas up the middle versus their D line. 

This could be a bigger Gibson than Robinson game, assuming Gibby is healthy.

I also think you’re going to see Samuel carry the ball more.  Again, attack the edges.

I really hope we at least attempt the forward pass with TH this week.  If Ron/Scott feel like they really have to limit him to 25 attempts no matter what, even if the matchup dictates pssskng is the better matchup advantage, that’s not ideal.

52 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

So is Schweitzer the backup in this game?  Cosmi at RG?

I wouldn’t be shocked to see him start and they keep the RT rotation going.

Wes can play.  Losing him at the same time as Rouiller, having Larsen still on the PUP, with Turner still not healthy basically cost us a chance at 3 games early in the season.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I also think you’re going to see Samuel carry the ball more.  Again, attack the edges.

I really hope we at least attempt the forward pass with TH this week.  If Ron/Scott feel like they really have to limit him to 25 attempts no matter what, even if the matchup dictates pssskng is the better matchup advantage, that’s not ideal.

Wes can play.  Losing him at the same time as Rouiller, having Larsen still on the PUP, with Turner still not healthy basically cost us a chance at 3 games early in the season.  

Yeah, the interior line was a perfect storm.  I don’t think having Schweitzer as the back up center as a bridge to Week 5/6 when Larson returned was a terrible plan.

Turner has been much better as the season wore on.  I recall that he did not participate much in training camp and sat out the preseason.  I’ve said it before, it’s a shame that Charles couldn’t seize that opportunity.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Yeah with the Giants weak secondary, its just begging us to throw the ball.  But like I said Atlanta's secondary is really bad, ditto the Vikings but it didn't seem to matter -- didn't help our passing game.