Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Game Prediction Thread - The Commanders @ The Giants ~ Gmen Meet The Moxie Maker!

zCommander

This is a strange one.  On paper we match up super well again, but we are due for a let down, and they ARE a solid team.  Yes, they are overrated and are a bad 7-4 team.  But this isnt a 4-7 team, and its hard to keep a streak going this long without a setback.  I could see this one going either way. 

Getting the Giants back to back right now is probably an ideal scenario, so hopefully we can take advantage of it.  One of the worst Run Ds in the league again, run it 40 million times for two straight games on them. and crush their spirit with what hopefully is 5 straight losses.  Im predicting with a couple big plays they eek it out 17-16.

On 11/29/2022 at 11:37 AM, Skinsinparadise said:

Amazing the NFL created an entire metric to judge Heinickes league wide impact...

Also interesting to note here, despite all of the loud proclamations of how lucky TH has been with dropped interceptions, the Commanders are the 2nd LEAST lucky teams in the entire league based on that.  Seems they would be very very wrong about that, and Im sure will reasonably and rationally change their tune about future games.

Washington 24 

giants 10

the defense is made to beat teams like the giants and BRob will get 150 yards rushing and 2 tds 

and we have played better on the road then at home this year. The loss comes at home to the giants

Edited by tomwvr

I don't exactly get what is going on with Wentz right now.  Heinicke starting aside, is Wentz healthy and cleared yet or not, and if so, what is the decision Rivera is speaking about because if you want Wentz as the back up, which I assume they do.....(right?) then isn't it as simple as deactivating Howell to make the spot available?  Or......is Rivera telling us that basically Wentz has not been healthy enough to practice the way a QB needs to be practicing during the week therefore he isn't confident that should Wentz have to go into the game for whatever reason, he isn't confident enough he'd be prepared?

If it is the later, then okay that makes sense.

1 hour ago, NoCalMike said:

I don't exactly get what is going on with Wentz right now.  Heinicke starting aside, is Wentz healthy and cleared yet or not, and if so, what is the decision Rivera is speaking about because if you want Wentz as the back up, which I assume they do.....(right?) then isn't it as simple as deactivating Howell to make the spot available?  Or......is Rivera telling us that basically Wentz has not been healthy enough to practice the way a QB needs to be practicing during the week therefore he isn't confident that should Wentz have to go into the game for whatever reason, he isn't confident enough he'd be prepared?

If it is the later, then okay that makes sense.

It sounds like wentz is healthy but they have injuries at other spots they have to cover so they may not activate him. At least thats how it sounds to me

This game is almost a mirror image of one another, at least for the last month or so, and it could very well come down to the Giants TEs making the difference or not.

The running game on both sides has been well noted, the d-line pressure for both sides { although the Comms are making more headlines } and Jones has an advantage over TH in the passing game, but I think it will boil down to the LBers/secondary to get a win in NY. 

How the DC calls the game will be the deciding factor, and the Giants will be going heavy passing to their TEs and whether or not the Comms LBers will get caught up in a trick play or flat out blow the coverage like they did last week. Giants get close to the endzone DelTaco might get the idea they're gonna run it in and stack the box and leave a TE standing flat-footed in the endzone waiting for the ball. D I S C I P L I N E will be the name of the game. If they fall behind by +10 then the Giants will have them out of sorts and the game will be over, so each player doing their job and not getting caught staring in the backfield and letting TEs find wide open holes will be the key.

8 hours ago, tomwvr said:

Washington 24 

giants 10

the defense is made to beat teams like the giants and BRob will get 150 yards rushing and 2 tds 

and we have played better on the road then at home this year. The loss comes at home to the giants

Admittedly idk where they rank as a run defense. But I think it’s a disservice to assume we will just be able to run on them. Lawrence and Williams are probably in the same realm, at least when it comes to run defense, as our interior line. Apparently Turner was MIA at practice today. That’s a big concern. 

This is a very evenly matched game and I think both teams will look to exploit running outside. They have the qb advantage at least with regards to zone read type plays and that hurt us against ATL. 

I think this game comes down to the wire with key turnovers playing the major role. 

20 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

This will make you happy!  Sean O'Hara on NFLN this morning seemed pretty confident D. Jones will be resigned with the Giants.  LOL

Not sure he has any inside stuff being a former Giants but he thinks Jones will sign at a manageable contract with them.

• Like 1