Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread : Washington vs Atlanta - The Further Adventures of Earn, Paper Boi', & Darius

TK
Message added by TK,

1628139826_ScreenShot2022-11-27at3_49_45PM.thumb.png.79c88242f6e56500cd9b9d9d7de3ef3f.png

1 minute ago, Yng Lady88 said:

Turner and Heini both need to get their heads out their asses coming out of half. Settle down, pound the run game and set up shots to Terry and co. it's not hard. 

and defense made up for the drive, but i need Marriotta's ass to hit grass a few times. shut down the run lanes and RPO

I think Turner has called a whale of a game.  

It really isn't his fault TH missed Bates on a TD.  Bates was open. And it CLEARLY wasn't his fault TH threw the ball to the wrong team at the end.  

TH, on the other hand, head needs to be extracted from his ass with salad tongs.

Good start.  

Bad finish.

We do get the ball first.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Yng Lady88 said:

Turner and Heini both need to get their heads out their asses coming out of half. Settle down, pound the run game and set up shots to Terry and co. it's not hard. 

and defense made up for the drive, but i need Marriotta's ass to hit grass a few times. shut down the run lanes and RPO

I can't really blame Turner too much. Receivers are getting open. The offense is moving the ball. Its on Heinicke to make throws. He straight up missed two TD passes on the previous drive. On the INT play he had receivers underneath wide open that would have at least gotten us a long FG try. 

I'm not sure if the defense has answers for the RPO. They just have bad personnel for it today with a starting DE, LB, and CB out. 

• Like 1

The 2nd  half is going to test what kind of adjustments JDR is capable of making.  The Falcons offense was concentrating every resource into running the ball, making the correct assumption that 4 guys can't stop max protect blocking schemes.  Going to need to put a linebacker in the middle to plug those gaps.

Just now, NoCalMike said:

The 2nd  half is going to test what kind of adjustments JDR is capable of making.  The Falcons offense was concentrating every resource into running the ball, making the correct assumption that 4 guys can't stop max protect blocking schemes.  Going to need to put a linebacker in the middle to plug those gaps.

We are also getting abused on play action pass plays. We gotta stop the run or we're gonna struggle stopping the pass too. Its like the early season defense when guys are just wide open.

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I am, this is bad Taylor, which won't work against SF or Dallas.  Split at best with Gaints him playing like this, giants can make him pay for stupid turnovers.

Playing in rain and makes a bad throw at the end of the half. Wentz would have taken some sacks this game. Let the game play out and see. 

The positive way to look at this is that it’s a new game, just shorter. 0-0 after the half for all intents and purposes. 

The negative way to look at it is that we’re being outplayed so far. 

Need to adjust better than they do, and finish drives. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

When we talk about Heinicke's physical limitations, that INT is exactly what we are talking about.  Heinicke makes the correct read, but he throws a floater off his back foot.  

Right, and besides lack of arm strength, that is one of his biggest problems.

He's not aware of his own limitations.

Just now, Warhead36 said:

We are also getting abused on play action pass plays. We gotta stop the run or we're gonna struggle stopping the pass too. Its like the early season defense when guys are just wide open.

Also accounting for Mariotta keeping it every other run play, not to do anything spectacular, but just to pick up an easy safe 4-5 yards to setup a shorter 3rd down play.

Just now, KDawg said:

I was thinking Spaceman Dawg or KoolDawg. Maybe DawginParadise? Going Commandawg?

Or Commanders1111111.

Too big a change for too iconic a person.

Just take the L, Dawg.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1