Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Eagles Soar to New Lows

KDawg

18 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

That snap over the head play was very Romo-esque…in a good way.

Plays like that, and a couple of other throw-aways just appear as an incomplete pass.  If he hadnt of gotten it no would would have blamed him.  But that play is in reality the same as a 20 yard completion, and its that stuff that TH does well and has propelled this winning streak.  Its also the exact stuff that none of the haters on here give him any credit for while bashing him for not being Mahomes.

He continuously makes plays that keep his team in it and gives his teammates a chance, and thats why they love him.

We had a specific gameplan on offense and executed it perfectly outside of the sack fumble on the first drive. Is it sustainable over the course of a season? Probably not. But we're also not gonna be facing teams like the Eagles every week either. I think we'll be attempting to open it up more against lesser teams.

Defense did as well as you can reasonably expect against an offense like the Eagles. 21 points given up, 3 takeaways(well 4 but the last one was when the game was already over). A couple of 3 and outs. Only one sack but it was a big one. Allen and Payne were dominant.

We have meaningful football in mid November. Lets go have ourselves a season.

• Like 5

6 min to go in 3rd quarter when we kicked FG, put us up 23-14.  I was very frustrated that we didn’t just keep running the ball.  Consecutive pass plays, one which resulted in a sack, took away a TD finish for that drive.  I truly believe had Turner just kept running it after Gibson picked up 1st, we score, break their will, we go on to win even more convincingly.  

thoughts?

• Like 1

Just now, Bigmuss1 said:

6 min to go in 3rd quarter when we kicked FG, put us up 23-14.  I was very frustrated that we didn’t just keep running the ball.  Consecutive pass plays, one which resulted in a sack, took away a TD finish for that drive.  I truly believe had Turner just kept running it after Gibson picked up 1st, we score, break their will, we go on to win even more convincingly.  

thoughts?

Not sure. It was 2nd and goal from like 6 yards out and our YPC for the night was very low. I believe on both plays we got someone open too, but protection couldn't hold up. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zim489 said:

At some point the statistical anomaly wins have to to stop right? 

When does the statistical anomaly prove that the statistic is not relevant?  If it keeps happening, eventually you have to reconsider the validity of the statistical analysis.

Put another way, statistics lie all the time.

Put even another way, lies, damn lies and statistics.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Not sure. It was 2nd and goal from like 6 yards out and our YPC for the night was very low. I believe on both plays we got someone open too, but protection couldn't hold up. 

To add to this, Eventually you need your QB to make a few plays.  TH made a few last night.  He didn’t know that spot.

If I remember the sack correctly, it was kindof a jailbreak.  

They ran the ball 49 times.  ****ing about not running more in any situation is useless.  

The had 1st and goal at the 9, ran on first down, and got 3 yards.  Running from the 6 might be the toughest part of the field to run because everything is compressed because of field position.  

I wouldn’t have hated a run on second down, but it’s not very likely you score, and that just sets up a 3rd and goal.  

i like the idea of passing there. 

2 hours ago, Bigmuss1 said:

thoughts?

When you run it as much as we have/did, it lends itself well to passing.  At some point, you have to throw it to keep the defense honest.

The entire coaching staff earned their money last night, hard for me to second guess anything they did.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

23 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

When you run it as much as we have/did, it lends itself well to passing.  At some point, you have to throw it to keep the defense honest.

The entire coaching staff earned their money last night, hard for me to scone guess anything they did.

That 3rd down pass schemed two WIDE open WRs.  Heineke had no time.  Both Gibson & Samuel were open on crossers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, NeverSurrender said:

Well Terry kinda tore it up last night idk if you were watching.

I still see a quarterback who floats balls that get his receivers murdered out there. This same quarterback still finds ugly ways to win.

In the end winning is what matters but I can’t deny he’s throwing ducks that just hang out there long enough for defenders to square up on the receivers.

Keep going with Heinicke because he’s one bad throw away from being 5-0. His teammates believe in him. Commander’s are winning so I’m glad.

• Like 2

One thing I really didn't like, not sure who is in charge of it, why isn't Taylor not allowed to call a time out if the clock is expiring before the snap. I see other QBs call a TO when they know the snapper can't hear them, which was the case on this 3rd down as the Eagles fans were really loud. If Taylor didn't know he could do that then he needs to be instructed to do so in such a situation. 

Edited by zCommander
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ExoDus84 said:

Carson Wentz has three more TD passes than Russ this season, despite missing the past 5 weeks.

Russ_closer.jpg.6cadce196036d36682462ec9e52bd7ea.jpg

How much did we dodge a bullet that Russell didn’t want to come here? Surely he wanted an extension and if we gave it to him, we probably never resign Terry, pick up the option on Sweat, and we have no way to create a bench with the lost draft picks. I’m sure Denver is having buyer’s remorse and their team is in ruins for the next few years!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

9 minutes ago, zCommander said:

One thing I really didn't like, not sure who is in charge of it, why isn't Taylor not allowed to call a time out if the clock is expiring before the snap. I see other QBs call a TO when they know the snapper can't hear them, which was the case on this 3rd down as the Eagles fans were really loud. If Taylor didn't know he could do that then he needs to be instructed to do so in such a situation. 

I doubt he’s not allowed to call a timeout.  That would be the first I’ve ever heard of a QB not having the autonomy to call a timeout to avoid a DOG penalty.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I doubt he’s not allowed to call a timeout.  That would be the first I’ve ever heard of a QB not having the autonomy to call a timeout to avoid a DOG penalty.

Okay just making sure. Taylor should have called a TO there. I would have been okay to burn a TO there since it was in the 1st half.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Redd said:

I still see a quarterback who floats balls that get his receivers murdered out there. This same quarterback still finds ugly ways to win.

In the end winning is what matters but I can’t deny he’s throwing ducks that just hang out there long enough for defenders to square up on the receivers.

Keep going with Heinicke because he’s one bad throw away from being 5-0. His teammates believe in him. Commander’s are winning so I’m glad.

Im not in the “hive” and obviously Heinicke has a weak arm and there are lots of ducks but he’s what we have this year. We have a chance for the playoffs and if we get in who knows. Do you wanna see Wentz back in there? I don’t!  

For all those anti-Taylor folks, I hope you guys can at least root for him to do well this year and let’s worry about quarterback next year.

2 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Okay just making sure. Taylor should have called a TO there. I would have been okay to burn a TO there since it was in the 1st half.

It may have seemed that way because we blew a couple early timeouts in the first half. 

• Thumb up 2

1 minute ago, skinsfan93 said:

Im not in the “hive” and obviously Heinicke has a weak arm and there are lots of ducks but he’s what we have this year. We have a chance for the playoffs and if we get in who knows. Do you wanna see Wentz back in there? I don’t!  

For all those anti-Taylor folks, I hope you guys can at least root for him to do well this year and let’s worry about quarterback next year.

I believe I wrote Heinicke is winning and they should stay with him.