Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Monday Night Game Night Thread: Washington at Philly - Heinicke's Last Stand, Wentz if it Hurts

TK
Message added by TK,

1520763020_ScreenShot2022-11-14at11_09_58PM.thumb.png.f702b5530a184659b9ace0bd422e8112.png

19 minutes ago, Destino said:

the MVP is the defense right?  

the game aways, the big time sack on the eagles last real drive.  Other than the absurd short field TH’s fumble gave them early they held the eagles to 14.  

I dunno.  I think the MVP is a combination of the running game racking up 49 carries, Scott Turner for calling 49 rushes, and TH for making some really big throws and converting 3rd downs.  

The defense was really good when they had to be, but the running game and 3rd down conversions really won the game.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Because we have been here before several times, sure we are 500 but there’s no long term hope at the most important position…what good is a playoff run if the next one will come 5 years later 

So what do you want to see happen? Us tanking the season to get a high draft pick? Even if we get one of the top qbs in the draft, there’s no assurance that we will all of a sudden get the next Mahomes. 

How about savoring the season for what it is?  Enjoy the moment not worrying about years to come. Right now there’s no team that is a guarantee to win it all and the one team that had the best chance just got man handled by us. If you’re a fan, then root for them this season. 

• Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I agree Brian Robinson and Gibson were the ticket tonight.  Got to ride that.

Interesting matchup next Sunday versus the Texans who play that same brand of football riding Dameon Pierce. 

Yep, it's going to be a low scoring blood bath that will hinge on whoever makes a few big plays in the passing game.  But the way Pierce runs doesn't feel sustainable.  He is a complete wild man and he's not the biggest dude, how long can he keep playing the game the way he does?  Meanwhile Robinson and Gibby are huge and have to be one of the biggest and strongest tandems in the league.  And even then, I'm constantly holding my breath when they go running through the tall trees.

Man it's killing me that we dropped those winnable games against the Vikings and Titans.  I wish we'd have been able to find our identity earlier in the season, and I honestly think we'd have an inside track to the playoffs as at least a wild card team if that had happened.

As is, we still have a shot.  Heinicke was spot on in the post game interview, this team is finding itself and guys like Gibson and McLaurin and Allen and Payne have grown into legit good players and leaders.  Juice is making huge strides every week and is becoming a special player too.  Jamin is coming along.  We just need an offensive line.  I know no one around here except the Heinicke fans really likes or believes in our QB room, and I admit they are unconventional.  But I do like our QB room and teams have gone on playoff runs with worse QBs than the ones we've got.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I dunno.  I think the MVP is a combination of the running game racking up 49 carries, Scott Turner for calling 49 rushes, and TH for making some really big throws and converting 3rd downs.  

The defense was really good when they had to be, but the running game and 3rd down conversions really won the game.  

Let’s not go crazy about the running game.  They averaged 3.1 ypc on those 49 runs.  And BRob had the highest at 3.3.  They just seemed to get the good runs when it was most advantageous and that’s not a script that can be rehashed very often.

• Thumb down 1

2 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

Let’s not go crazy about the running game.  They averaged 3.1 ypc on those 49 runs.  And BRob had the highest at 3.3.  They just seemed to get the good runs when it was most advantageous and that’s not a script that can be rehashed very often.

Yes our run game wasn’t pretty but it is our identity. Run tough, wear down the opponents defense, keep our defense fresh and keep us in manageable third downs. Ron may have finally put stake down on the identity of this team. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Ummm…..bye? What bye? We’re @ Houston in 6 days…..we have 3 games before our bye week

Yeah, the bye is easy to remember this year. It's Giants - bye - Giants. Stupid NFL.

Edited by BleedBNG
  • Thumb up 1

This defense did this to Hurts under the lights? They might just destroy Mills next week, riding this emotional high. Especially if Chase is back, they feed off that ****. Mills is a statue and not good. Nico Collins is okay but their best offensive player is Brandin Cooks who they just stripped of his Team Captaincy. That team is on the verge of falling apart and doesn’t have a chip on its shoulder like this locker room does. Mills is the type of QB who in years past would have a career game against us…time to break that pattern and kill that dude. Doesn’t matter how hard Pierce runs if they’re down multiple scores like tonight.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

9 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

So what do you want to see happen? Us tanking the season to get a high draft pick? Even if we get one of the top qbs in the draft, there’s no assurance that we will all of a sudden get the next Mahomes. 

I never said anything about tanking…essentially I’m saying after so many years of emotional abuse it’s hard to get excited, maybe if they win vs Houston I’ll buy my first class ticket on the banwagon instead of way back in economy next to the toilet

7 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

The best thing about it, it was consistent and didn't have a lot of negative runs, so they were constantly in 3rd and 3 or less.  And they picked up a lot of them.  

That kept them in front of the chains, it bled the time off the clock, and allowed them to pick up easier 3rd downs.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Conn said:

This defense did this to Hurts under the lights? They might just destroy Mills next week, riding this emotional high. Especially if Chase is back, they feed off that ****. Mills is a statue and not good. Nico Collins is okay but their best offensive player is Brandin Cooks who they just stripped of his Team Captaincy. That team is on the verge of falling apart and doesn’t have a chip on its shoulder like this locker room does. Mills is the type of QB who in years past would have a career game against us…time to break that pattern and kill that dude. Doesn’t matter how hard Pierce runs if they’re down multiple scores like tonight.

This win and us most likely running over HOU next week makes that loss to the Vikings so much more annoying

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

Yes our run game wasn’t pretty but it is our identity. Run tough, wear down the opponents defense, keep our defense fresh and keep us in manageable third downs. Ron may have finally put stake down on the identity of this team. 

It worked great tonight.  If you take tonight’s formula and production, run it out 100 times, it probably works out this well like 10 or 15 of the times.

Thems not good odds.

Enjoy the win, I’m all for it.  Just saying, its not like the running game was better than “meh”.  It just happened to be timely.

You can’t run it 50 times for a buck fifty and win very often.

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The best thing about it, it was consistent and didn't have a lot of negative runs, so they were constantly in 3rd and 3 or less.  And they picked up a lot of them.  

That kept them in front of the chains, it bled the time off the clock, and allowed them to pick up easier 3rd downs.  

I don’t disagree with any of this.  Just saying good luck getting that recipe to translate to scoreboard success very often in 2022.

• Thumb down 1

1 minute ago, Dark Acre said:

It would be toohillarious if Philly loses out on the #1 seed by 6 points.

They have the head to head with the Vikings.  So they'd need to lose again. and the Vikings would need to win out.  Or at least finish with one more win than them.

I always thought the Eagles going undefeated thing was nuts at 8-0.  Talk to me at 13-0 with 4 games left.  

They will almost certainly lose 1 or 2 more.  At a minimum.  

So with the Vikings.  

... The Chiefs might not.