Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The All Things PLAYOFFS 2022 Thread

kleese

11 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

It is possible. Cowboys next two games before us are tough with the Eagles and Titans, albeit both are at home. 

Honestly though I'm not sure I'd want the 5 seed. You'd be facing Tom Brady in his house in the first round.

I’d rather face TB than any other division winner.

• Like 3

Well, pain. The road is not blocked— as a matter of fact we remain the 7 seed— but it certainly got much harder to navigate. 

The odds of passing the Giants are now slim. We must finish with one more win than them— so if we go 2-1, the only way we pass them is if they go 0-3. At this moment, I don’t think we should be focused on them… 

It’s about the Seahawks and Lions now. Each of those teams must pass us in wins. 

Lions at Panthers 

Seahawks at Chiefs 

We will know outcome of each of those games prior to our kickoff at SF. We control our destiny. If we beat SF, we are assured remaining the 7 seed. If we lose, either team can pass us by winning their game. If both of those teams lose, then we can’t fall out of playoffs-/ even with a loss at SF. 

Packers could enter mix a little— but I think it’s pretty clear we need 9 wins. And if we get 9, they can’t pass us. Packers only factor in 8 win scenarios. 

1 minute ago, Csup said:

Detroit has an easy schedule to close out the year too.  I think the Seahawks are done.

I don’t think either of Lions road games will be easy. They are only 3 point favorites at Carolina. And week 18 in GB will be tricky for them if they need it. The Packers would absolutely give it their all in that game even if they are officially eliminated by then. I think the Lions finishing with 9 wins remains most likely for them. I also think Seattle finishes with 9 max. So yes if we finish 2-1, I think we’d get in. It would be awesome to get positive results early Saturday. 

My hope is the 49ers, after clinching the division, let up a bit and we can catch them on an off night. That and you gotta figure Brock Purdy is due to fall off at some point.

We still control our own destiny, but the margin of error just got cut big time.

I'm not worried about the Seahawks, but the Lions are legit. 

9 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

My hope is the 49ers, after clinching the division, let up a bit and we can catch them on an off night. That and you gotta figure Brock Purdy is due to fall off at some point.

We still control our own destiny, but the margin of error just got cut big time.

I'm not worried about the Seahawks, but the Lions are legit. 

Agree with your thinking on Niners game and said so prior to this week. It is very possible we simply aren’t good enough to beat them and it won’t matter, but the situation we are getting them in is as favorable as it could be for us. I do think it’s possible we can “ugly the game up” with them and keep it tight. Then like you said, maybe the rookie QB makes a mistake or two or we get some breaks. I don’t think the game is an auto-loss. 

That said, the Lions/Panthers game next week might be the most important game on the schedule for us. I absolutely think Carolina has a chance. They control their destiny to win their division; they will be ready to play. 

It would be wonderful if Carolina and Seattle both lose early— we then get a bit of a “house money” situation in our game where we’d be locked into the 7 seed still even with a loss. 

Updated going into Week 16

Overall Record/Conference Record

1. Eagles (13-1/8-1):   @Boys, Saints, Giants

2. Vikings (11-3/6-3):   Giants, @Packers, @Bears

3. 49ers (10-4/8-2): @Seahawks,Commies,@Raiders,Cards

4. Bucs (6-8/6-3):  @Cards, Panthers, @Falcons

5. Boys (10-4/7-3): Eagles, @Titans,@Commies

6. Giants (8-5-1/4-5-1):   @Vikings, Colts, @Eagles

7. Commies  (7-6-1/4-5-1):   @49ers, Browns, Boys

8. Seahawks (7-7/5-6):  @Chiefs,Jets,Rams

9. Lions (7-7/5-4):   @Panthers, Bears, @Packers

10. Green Bay

11. Panthers (5-9/4-5):  Lions, @Bucs, @Saints

12. Saints (5-9/4-6): @Browns, @Eagles, Panthers

13. Falcons. (5-9/4-6):   @Ravens, Cards, Bucs

Tomorrow's GB-LA Rams game has no impact.  I have listed all the NFC South teams because any of the 4 teams could still win it.   The real playoff battle still hasn't changed.  NY, Washington, Seattle and Detroit are fighting for the 6th and 7th seed. 

NY can finish with 9/10 wins. NY will beat the Colts and only could beat the Eagles, if they rest everyone.

We can finish with 7 to 9 wins. San Fran will shut us out.  I wouldn't count Cleveland us a lock for win, as they could beat us.  Dallas even with their backups only playing could beat us.  I think the Cinderfella run is over. The moxie magic is over. Wouldn't surprise me get benched next week, even though Carson likely to be just as ineffective. 

Seattle can with 8/9 wins. They are losing to the Chiefs. Jets game is a tossup and they will win against the Rams.

Lions can finish with 8-10 wins. Panthers game is tossup but I'd favor Detroit. How motivated will Aaron be in that last game with Detroit? If he is, Detroit may have a tough time winning.

I think we need to win 2 out of the 3 remaining games to be assured a playoff spot. I don't have faith in either Taylor or Carson to do that.

Edited by 88Comrade2000

Just now, Zim489 said:

We don’t deserve the playoffs with our offense 

I'm in agreement. The Lions would actually be a more fun team to watch and are legitimately better.

Its just annoying that the Giants are probably get in. I do not for a second believe they are better than us. They would get boat raced by the Vikings or 49ers(just as we would). 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I'm in agreement. The Lions would actually be a more fun team to watch and are legitimately better.

Its just annoying that the Giants are probably get in. I do not for a second believe they are better than us. They would get boat raced by the Vikings or 49ers(just as we would). 

We have more talent. They are better coached.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

I hope to get in - they face a tough road the next couple years in terms of the divisions they'll play.. However, it is a blessing in disguise that the Giants will probably get in. This forces them to extend Jones and Barkley, which caps their long term playoffs

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, LCA77 said:

Kyle Shanahan hates this organization. No way he lets up.

It’s not a matter of any sort of purposeful “let up.” I do not expect the Niners to rest their players or anything like that at all. Think more human nature/law of averages.