Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2024 & Presidential Cage Match: Dark Brandon 46 vs Felonious Farty 45

88Comrade2000

20 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

If Trump wins, I'll stick around.

I'm a straight, white, male, veteran.  The direct effects to me would probably be minimal.  

im not convinced it won’t affect you or me (I’m not a vet but otherwise …)

that said I find the “I’ll move if $person wins” rhetoric to be laughably stupid because when they win, the person doesn’t actually move…

Moving to another country is a big undertaking, especially with children. 

im still holding out hope he can’t get the nomination, or if he does he can’t win. I’m have no confidence in it, but I am hoping…

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

It isn't as bad as the tweet sounds.  He's essentially saying that he thinks the 14th amendment doesn't apply in the case of children of illegal immigrants.

https://news.yahoo.com/vivek-ramaswamy-says-hell-deport-225643658.html

"Under the legal theory that the child of an illegal immigrant is not someone who enjoys birthright citizenship, then it would be perfectly legally permissible to remove the entire family unit," he said.

And that then you could deport them.  But he also says that he would also follow the Constitution and law.

Better headline would have just been that he doesn't think the 14th amendment applies in the case of the children of illegal immigrants.   Maybe that's something this Supreme Court would agree with, but I doubt it.

Presumably, he'd try this, somebody would sue, and the courts would step in and say you can't do this.

The other possibility is that the way the 14th amendment would essentially be changed in which case he wouldn't be deporting citizens.

Edited by PeterMP

50 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

https://news.yahoo.com/vivek-ramaswamy-says-hell-deport-225643658.html

"Under the legal theory that the child of an illegal immigrant is not someone who enjoys birthright citizenship, then it would be perfectly legally permissible to remove the entire family unit," he said.

Problem is, "the legal theory that the child of an illegal immigrant is not someone who enjoys birthright citizenship" is more accurately described as "the theory that the words 'every person born in the United States' does not refer to every person born in the United States"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb down 1

Just now, Larry said:

Problem is, "the legal theory that the child of an illegal immigrant is not someone who enjoys birthright citizenship" is more accurately described as "the theory that the words 'every person born in the United States' does not refer to every person born in the United States"

Oh well that's simple. Just get Thomas/Alito/the rest of the gang to claim that "Immigrants (but especially illegal ones) aren't people" and boom, you got yourself a loophole.

• Thumb down 1

6 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

They already did that to all females in the United States.

I know I'm not as outspoken as I should be, but you know how pissed off I am.  *I wouldn't be typing this if I hadn't been given that option.* 

I never viewed myself as a "single issue voter", but they done gone and made it so. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

27 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

I know I'm not as outspoken as I should be, but you know how pissed off I am.  *I wouldn't be typing this if I hadn't been given that option.* 

I never viewed myself as a "single issue voter", but they done gone and made it so. 

Females comprise over 50% of the population. That's a huge number that the Fascists are conveniently forgetting.

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

I can't stop stupidity on my own. 

Sometimes you fellas need to chime in on our behalf...because men are the only ones being listened to, apparently.

So men don't care about female bodily autonomy, so I guess they don't care that these religious freaks and fascists will curtail men's rights too at some point? They've going after birth control next. They've said it out loud. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1