Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2024 & Presidential Cage Match: Dark Brandon 46 vs Felonious Farty 45

88Comrade2000

I shouldn't do this, but you guys must see the responses on a conservative message board, all about Katie Britt, of course...

Did this lady just... Bring the whole country together on something (her insanity)?

Guy1: Bunch of brigaders here. I’m out.
Guy2: You getting run off ur own playground lmao

Yeeesh lots of ways to attack the things Biden said logically. A creepy and overdramatic series of pleas from a kitchen wasn't it.

Word is Katie Britt demanded to see a manager after her speech.

That was such a bizarre response from Katie Britt. I felt uncomfortable on my couch drinking a beer and petting my dog… which general is the most comfortable place for me.

We literally just saw a woman career go up in smokes before us. Mrs. Britt, I literally never want to see you again.

I lurk here a lot and need to ask the regulars (flairs) here, what the **** was that speech? Like did any of you like that? I always watch the rebuttal speeches and see where the speaker is coming from and why you guys like it, but wtf was that.

Guy1:That felt like from a SNL. Lol
Guy2:That was my first thought..SNL will have a field day with this. The emoting will just be insufferable.
Guy3:The SNL version will be more believable….

At least she...uh...wasn't covered in her own spit?

Literally would have been better off without a rebuttal. Still voting red but Jesus Christ we lost tonight.

• Haha 10

Politico sez. 

President Joe Biden turned his State of the Union address into a muscular campaign kickoff, never once uttering Donald Trump’s name but repeatedly invoking the threat posed by his likely general election foe.

@Spaceman Spiff something something old old soooooooup

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

6 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

I shouldn't do this, but you guys must see the responses on a conservative message board, all about Katie Britt, of course...

Not even remotely surprised.  Tonight was Gordon Ramsay storming into the kitchen to fix whats wrong versus a Karen calling the waiter over to the booth and patronizingly explaining why she wants to talk to the manager.

• Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

It getting time for people who want to be credited with one iota of decency, intelligence, or integrity to stop identifying as "republican" and stop voting for republican candidates if the candidate is even remotely maga.

You can be a partisan idiot and refuse to vote for halfway decent halfway qualified Dems and just decide not to vote at all or write in the name of some never trumper politician. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Politico sez. 

President Joe Biden turned his State of the Union address into a muscular campaign kickoff, never once uttering Donald Trump’s name but repeatedly invoking the threat posed by his likely general election foe.

@Spaceman Spiff something something old old soooooooup

What 

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

Bobby Jindal says hi. 

Asking what happened to Bobby Jindal is like what happened to a super hyped baseball prospect that washed out in AA and never made it to the majors. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jumbo said:

It getting time for people who want to be credited with one iota of decency, intelligence, or integrity to stop identifying as "republican" and stop voting for republican candidates if the candidate is even remotely maga.

You can be a partisan idiot and refuse to vote for halfway decent halfway qualified Dems and just decide not to vote at all or write in the name of some never trumper politician. 

But they won't

They can, they might, they should........but they won't

They're all in, waaayyyy past the last exit with no options that they will admit to.

In '45, with the Red Army inside the Berlin city limits, Hitler reviewed the remaining troops, Volkssturm composed of old men and preteens issued three bullets each, who then marched off singing the Horst Wessel song to die a few blocks away.

You cannot convince them or engage them or change their minds, we're through the looking glass here. They have willingly chosen to opt out of civilization rather than accept that their dumb asses got conned, they will die before they admit that they are their own worst enemies, they will scream and thrash to the bitter end for the rancid fears and hatreds they embrace.

Let them

Put in express lanes for it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

About 4 years in I would give Biden a C+ or 79 so far

His speech last night bumped his grade up a bit. Domestically he has been passable but his weakness has been foreign policy and immigration

10 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

SHES STILL IN THE KITCHEN

As someone who has remodeled kitchens/bathrooms, I don't get the white style kitchen or bathroom. Why make every stain and pube clearly visible to the naked eye?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Katie Britt:  You too can live the American dream by.... having wealthy parents, working for an LLP law firm, jumping into a US Senator staff.  And marrying a former NFL player.  

• Haha 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

“Weakness is immigration”

you mean the thing they turned into a political football in the ‘80s and ever since everyone involved has just kicked the can down the road and not done anything to fix it?

that’s a Biden issue, eh? Interesting. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Also - the SOTU rebuttal is stupid. It started as something that occurred days later. Which at least makes sense as they could potentially be some real effort put into understanding what was said during the SOTU and drafting a response to it. 

this immediate response stuff is and has always been garbage. You are super limited if your whole plan is to rebut an hour long speech you haven’t listened to yet and don’t know the content of. 

it’s an absolute loser position to be in. It baffles me either party can even find someone willing to do it. It’s a loser spot and you’ll be mocked. You’re set up for failure. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, tshile said:

“Weakness is immigration”

you mean the thing they turned into a political football in the ‘80s and ever since everyone involved has just kicked the can down the road and not done anything to fix it?

that’s a Biden issue, eh? Interesting. 

True that the problem has been kicked down the road. The laws we have seem somewhat squishy, and efforts various presidents have made seem to encounter resistance from the judicial system.

However, the one metric regarding border encounters has really shot up under Biden after staying fairly constant under Obama and Trump. I'm not sure why that is. PeterMP had some thoughts about it in the immigration thread.

• Thumb up 1