Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2024 & Presidential Cage Match: Dark Brandon 46 vs Felonious Farty 45

88Comrade2000

Trump will be the voted nominee. That’s what the gop primary voters will do.

Now, if Trump isn’t the gop candidate to face Biden in the fall; that won’t happen until the gop convention where they go with someone else.

I don’t see that happening. Maga would explode and start killing the delegates, who would deny Trump.

If Maga remain calm and don’t start killing; they will stay at home.

I don’t see the gop risking being killed or having Maga staying home.  So, when the voters give him the nomination; they will stay with Trumps. Even if Trump is in a jail cell.

Edited by 88Comrade2000

Can we not talk about this?  Doesn't it seem like a huge issue that:

a) 4 indictments changes things

b) The other candidates aren't trying to win

c) Trump himself won't even endorse another Republican

d) Is it a Trump party or a Republican one?

Conservative academics just issued a paper saying Trump may not even meet Constitutional requirements.  So your presumptive candidate is facing:

conviction risk

Constitutional challenge risk 

And won't even talk about it?  This is nuts.  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

I think Vivek is gaining a lot of momentum on the right, and shouldn't be overlooked with still plenty of time before the election. He's very well spoken, pushes the conservative agenda, is extremely civil and polite when engaging in these discussions, and even understands how to try to hook some of the Trumpers (pardons, etc.). 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I think Vivek is gaining a lot of momentum on the right, and shouldn't be overlooked with still plenty of time before the election. He's very well spoken, pushes the conservative agenda, is extremely civil and polite when engaging in these discussions, and even understands how to try to hook some of the Trumpers (pardons, etc.). 

Agree. Assuming Trump indeed isn't going to partake, the three to watch on Wednesday are Vivek, DeSantis, and Christie. Everyone else is a sideshow.

:ols: let's be real here - those white supremacists in the south aren't going to come out in the droves needed for Vivek to win anything. He'll get votes in Indian heavy areas like Texas, NJ, Georgia, or Florida (especially the ones that love Modi and his brand of Hindutva), but that's about it.

Edited by Barry.Randolphe
  • Like 4
  • Thumb up 3

1 hour ago, hail2skins said:

Yes it is.

Doesn't change the fact that Trump will be the GOP nominee and (IMO) will be inaugurated again as president in January 2025.

I get it. I wouldn't chastise the belief. Expecting the worst out of humans is hardly a sucker bet.🙂

But fwiw, my vast mental powers 😛 lead me to be pretty sure he won't. Now I know in isolation a double dose of Biden isn't a super nifty deal for many fine folks, but context of the current state of reality is a real thing.

Believe it or not, I actually think it's most likely that trump will be removed from running via his legal issues in one way or another.

One thing remains, for all the many and serious flaws of the dems as a political party, the GOP desperately needs a king size makeover from bottom to top. I'm not one wishing for a one party society, but if the GOP is going to continue to be the "other one" to the Dems, it needs that mega-reboot. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

4 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

but if the GOP is going to continue to be the "other one" to the Dems, it needs that mega-reboot. 

Trump is the GOP reboot.

Conspiracy believing, data denying, racist dumb ****ery is in the GOP hardware.  They can reboot all they want...the hardware will dictate what OS can be run.  At this point, all we can do is wait for that hardware to shuffle off this mortal coil, and hope as few of the flaws in their design made it in to more recent development runs as possible.

• Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, Jabbyrwock said:

Trump is the GOP reboot.

Conspiracy believing, data denying, racist dumb ****ery is in the GOP hardware.  They can reboot all they want...the hardware will dictate what OS can be run.  At this point, all we can do is wait for that hardware to shuffle off this mortal coil, and hope as few of the flaws in their design made it in to more recent development runs as possible.

Welp. We've seen the number of covid deaths leaning heavily towards them. Who knows if they some vaccine deniers are skipping their flushots now. Maybe seeing their doctors. Getting meds for their diabetes or whatever. Strong showing for a Darwin award by a group of voters. 

• Thumb up 4

40 minutes ago, Jabbyrwock said:

Trump is the GOP reboot.

First of all, yeah, unfortunately for this country that's more accurate than I wish it was.

Second, I used the mortal coil line a little too often here in my early years so its nice to see an old friend back in action. 😁 

• Thumb up 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

But why would they stay home if Trump was running?

They are pissed at Biden.

Dems are expecting Trump being on the ballot and the abortion issue; to ensure reelection.  Maybe that happens but maybe.

There are Dems that feel economy was better for them under Trump before covid. If I can find that article, I’ll post it. One Latino was quoting that even though Trump says bad things about them, he’d ignored that because economy was good under Trump. 

Does matter what reality maybe, voters aren’t feeling any of the positive stuff of Biden.

This election will be close and you only need a small percentage to flip.  So, Joe has work to do and can’t just expect that Trump is on ballot and the abortion issue; will seal it for him.

• Thumb down 1

22 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

They are pissed at Biden.

Dems are expecting Trump being on the ballot and the abortion issue; to ensure reelection.  Maybe that happens but maybe.

There are Dems that feel economy was better for them under Trump before covid. If I can find that article, I’ll post it. One Latino was quoting that even though Trump says bad things about them, he’d ignored that because economy was good under Trump. 

Does matter what reality maybe, voters aren’t feeling any of the positive stuff of Biden.

This election will be close and you only need a small percentage to flip.  So, Joe has work to do and can’t just expect that Trump is on ballot and the abortion issue; will seal it for him.

Yeah, I haven't had any good feelings.  I'm just ok.

It sure beats feeling the opposite. 

• Thumb up 2