Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If the Snyders sell the team, hopefully Extremeskins still has a fan in the front office…

Blade

23 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

One thing I have to say - it was really low of Skins fans to boo Tanya Snyder during her commercial for breast cancer awareness, and this is coming from someone who can't wait for ownership to change.  She is a breast cancer survivor, and the Snyders are the ones who got the NFL to do breast cancer awareness month.If the Snyder’s offered more opportunities to boo them, maybe that wouldn’t happen.

Generally speaking, yes.  But it’s her husbands fault she’s been trotted out there to take his bullets.  If the Snyder’s offered more opportunities for the fanbase to voice their displeasure, that may not happen as well.  It would seem that was pent up emotion being unleashed at the first opportunity, even though it wasn’t ideal.

• Like 3

On 11/21/2022 at 9:42 AM, pez said:

Sorry... Didn't see this, or I would have responded sooner...

Both Tanya Snyder and Jason Wright were sporting their ES Pins at that game.

If you guys recall, we had a ton of those made up a number of years ago to raise money for the tailgate charity (Abby's Army). Tanya reached out to us and then sent her son to our tailgate to purchase more than half of our stock, and handed them out to a bunch of the redskins staff, coaches and others. FYI, this is not the first time she has sported that pin.

During the housecleaning a year or two ago, Extremeskins kinda got lost in the mix, and completely forgotten (we had a couple outages because they forgot to pay the light bill). Huly and I and some of the folks here worked to get ES back on their radar, and I can tell you that Tanya is fully aware of this site's presence.

Despite what you think about Dan Snyder, I can tell you that Tanya is an absolutely awesome person... between her charity efforts, and the way she treats people in the organization, she has been a fantastic person to work with.

A concern that Huly and I have is what will happen to this site if a transfer of ownership occurs. We may want to make contingency plans to go independent again. WE will do everything we can to help make sure that the organization always knows about the presence of ES and the die hard fans that live here...

Haven’t really interacted here a ton, but I will say that forums as a medium have been dying and many are dead.  They were extremely popular from 2005-2010, then things started to slowly bleed out when Twitter started.  When Reddit became popular around 2014, forums died completely.  There are very few large communities left, and many of them are slowly dying.  I used to run ProSportsDaily, a very large forum, which is now owned by Tribune Media and operated by Nova Scotia Media Pros, who also operate Covers.com.  Needless to say, most of their attention is on Covers.  I stopped coming around to PSD mid 2020, and they still haven’t noticed I rarely log in, and don’t do anything in the AdminCP.  

Before PSD, I ran a sports-gaming site on my own.  We did well for ourselves, but with GroupMe and Discord becoming popular, the sports gaming leagues we hosted ended up going there so we lost a huge base.  

It’s just the evolution of the internet.  I’m sure ES is one of the more active forums out there, and fills a niche, but you also have Reddit to compete with. I f a new owner comes into play and wants to shut this place down and not sell the database, that’s it for ES.  If that starts to happen, you might want to create a Facebook group to start stockpiling people if you do want to start a new site of some sort, whether forum or otherwise.  

Just my .02 coppers on the matter.  

If you guys recall, we had a ton of those made up a number of years ago to raise money for the tailgate charity (Abby's Army). Tanya reached out to us and then sent her son to our tailgate to purchase more than half of our stock, and handed them out to a bunch of the redskins staff, coaches and others. FYI, this is not the first time she has sported that pin.

During the housecleaning a year or two ago, Extremeskins kinda got lost in the mix, and completely forgotten (we had a couple outages because they forgot to pay the light bill). Huly and I and some of the folks here worked to get ES back on their radar, and I can tell you that Tanya is fully aware of this site's presence.

Despite what you think about Dan Snyder, I can tell you that Tanya is an absolutely awesome person... between her charity efforts, and the way she treats people in the organization, she has been a fantastic person to work with.

A concern that Huly and I have is what will happen to this site if a transfer of ownership occurs. We may want to make contingency plans to go independent again. WE will do everything we can to help make sure that the organization always knows about the presence of ES and the die hard fans that live here...

Haven’t really interacted here a ton, but I will say that forums as a medium have been dying and many are dead.  They were extremely popular from 2005-2010, then things started to slowly bleed out when Twitter started.  When Reddit became popular around 2014, forums died completely.  There are very few large communities left, and many of them are slowly dying.  I used to run ProSportsDaily, a very large forum, which is now owned by Tribune Media and operated by Nova Scotia Media Pros, who also operate Covers.com.  Needless to say, most of their attention is on Covers.  I stopped coming around to PSD mid 2020, and they still haven’t noticed I rarely log in, and don’t do anything in the AdminCP.  

Before PSD, I ran a sports-gaming site on my own.  We did well for ourselves, but with GroupMe and Discord becoming popular, the sports gaming leagues we hosted ended up going there so we lost a huge base.  

It’s just the evolution of the internet.  I’m sure ES is one of the more active forums out there, and fills a niche, but you also have Reddit to compete with. I f a new owner comes into play and wants to shut this place down and not sell the database, that’s it for ES.  If that starts to happen, you might want to create a Facebook group to start stockpiling people if you do want to start a new site of some sort, whether forum or otherwise.  

• 8 months later...

A @Blade thread certainly gets ones attention, even one almost a year old.

Just a couple quick thoughts, the comments about forums dying - are dead on. The whole messageboard phenomenon that ES and other topic-specific forums rode throughout the 2000's began to die a slow death the minute Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, Instagram, etc... arose. The analogy I use is that amazing family owned sphaghetti house that can't survive chain restaurants like Olive Garden and Red Lobster popping up in their backyard. Folks are lazy. They want to do one-stop shopping where they can talk about anything and don't have to put more than a couple of sentences together to do so. They want that predictable, fast food that never changes even if it's not quite as good as that handmade meal they used to enjoy.

It's a shame, but that's just the reality of the world we live in.

There are still a lot of great forums out there, but you have to hunt to find them. They survive largely because of the connections and loyalties folks forge that are difficult to replicate on mass social media sites. The people that stay do so for the relationships, not the subject matter. But even those that have survived are shadows of their former selves in terms of traffic and popularity.

No idea what the Harris group will do with their social media footprint. Hopefully they at least remember that their are a number of fan communities that support Washington Football (beyond the one they reportedly own :)) out here full of passionate people who have been fans their entire lives. If they truly want to have their finger on the pulse of fan sentiment, there are few better places to measure it than fan forums and messageboards. If they had understood that during the previous name change process, we wouldn't have been saddled with one with almost negligible fan support.

Just my .02 (not .06) cents.

Edited by Tarhog
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Tarhog said:

Just a couple quick thoughts, the comments about forums dying - are dead on.

Not sure I agree with this. I know things change as time goes on. Heck, when I first started on the internet, I would use my modem to connect to bulletin boards. I don't know if anyone here remembers Blue Ridge Express. I'm in Richmond so I'm not sure how far that reached a fan base. I think ES is different. Here, I feel more like Norm walking into Cheers. I personally don't use twitter so I love seeing the tweets here. Love hearing different opinions on all things Commanders. I think with new ownership and fans coming back to the team, ES will still be the place to go for insight and opinions. I sure hope I'm right.

GettyImages-200333057-001.jpg

Edited by RVAskins
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

Not sure I agree with this. I know things change as time goes on. Heck, when I first started on the internet, I would use my modem to connect to bulletin boards. I don't know if anyone here remembers Blue Ridge Express. I'm in Richmond so I'm not sure how far that reached a fan base. I think ES is different. Here, I feel more like Norm walking into Cheers. I personally don't use twitter so I love seeing the tweets here. Love hearing different opinions on all things Commanders. I think with new ownership and fans coming back to the team, ES will still be the place to go for insight and opinions. I sure hope I'm right.

GettyImages-200333057-001.jpg

I'm not arguing whether forums/messageboards have *value* - they of course do. But they are dying as a social media entity. Whether vbulletin, Xenforo, or any other of the primary forum softwares out there, the number of communities has dramatically declined over the past decade. And even in surviving forums, traffic is way down. ES has always been the dominant forum amongst Redskins fans but during the peak of forum popularity, there were numerous new threads started every day with energetic discussion ongoing. That is no longer the case here or on almost any other forum, at least in the context of what it once was. Of course the quality of product the franchise has put out hasn't been helpful, but it's a larger trend than something specific to this team and the fanbase.

There are exceptions. I'm a member of a Xenforo golf-oriented board @TheHackersParadise which thrives - but that's because folks are rabid about all things golf. I have no doubt that new ownership and a return to a winning tradition (if it happens) will boost all Washington Football forums traffic and membership. But it will never return to what it once was, before there were large-scale megasites like Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, etc... I hate it, not only because I run a similar fan forum, but because again, there is what you get at Chi-Chi's or McDonalds, and then there is a finely crafted meal at a family-owned restaurant. It's not at all the same experience, but folks seem to want what is quick, easy, and generic. 

Edited by Tarhog
  • Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

24 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

1. There was no way Dan knew this placed existed.

2. If they stop paying the bills, there is always The Pickle Party. We all have a home at The Pickle Party. Assuming that place still exists and their business card marketing plan worked out.

He 100% knows we're here

snyder-jones-e1665076709200.jpeg

*That may have changed after he went all Howard Hughes. 

Edited by spjunkies

5 hours ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

1. There was no way Dan knew this placed existed.

2. If they stop paying the bills, there is always The Pickle Party. We all have a home at The Pickle Party. Assuming that place still exists and their business card marketing plan worked out.

Dan bought the site, of course he knew it existed.

2 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Dan bought the site, of course he knew it existed.

Someone who works for Snyder thinking it’s a good and very affordable idea to just buy the biggest fan forum to have it linked to the main site, back when individual team sites were actually seen as valuable does not mean that Snyder himself has ever known about us. Tanya wearing a pin that represents a vocal and consistently present fan tailgating group at the stadium, again, doesn’t mean they actively spent any time being aware of this forum in any real way. It’s just a tiny tiny tiny part of the team portfolio. Others in the building on the business side probably handled contact with site admins. The people here who have consistently gained press passes and such through ES had to be dealing with someone who was aware of our existence. I’m just saying it’s not at all the billionaires at the top of the organization lol. Like I’m sure at an abstract level, they probably know they own the team site and associated fan site—but why would a billionaire ever actively think about that. I doubt the thought has ever gone beyond that. There was a prominent FO member posting here and leaking things for years and they had no clue lol. 

• Like 1

He's not a regular or anything, but that dude has definitely been on this forum. I can picture him reading about the praise he was getting when Joe Gibbs returned and the brief positive spotlight when it was looking like RG3 was going to be a hit.

If wearing those pins was a PR stunt he would've worn one himself, he likely started despising us around 2015 when everything was clearly crashing into the ground. 

All of this is speculation that we will never get the actual answer to, unfortunately. 

6 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

That picture triggers me so much you don't even know man. And what made it worse was that caption that ran with it: "always rivals but always friends" or some garbage like that. Makes me rage so much.

Jerry Jones was triggered taking that picture.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, spjunkies said:

He 100% knows we're here

snyder-jones-e1665076709200.jpeg

*That may have changed after he went all Howard Hughes. 

General Danny's Last Stand. Dude is definitely using lifts. 

mickey-abbott-podcast.png

Pictured here is Daniel seeking advice from his then close friend Bruce Allen before their falling out.