Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If the Snyders sell the team, hopefully Extremeskins still has a fan in the front office…


Blade
 Share

Recommended Posts

@Cooleyfan1993 And not all reply’s appear to need any thought….

@UK Skins I was not necessarily suggesting that… but the fact that Extremeskins has not been linked to the main website for several years, does not exist on Commanders.com, and has not been forced to change its name suggests there are many forces within the team who want/wanted Extremeskins gone…. But someone stopped that from happening who could not be out-voted. My guess after seeing that photo is that its Tanya….


Honestly, every day I wake up and click the link to the forum, I am always a bit surprised its still here. And considering that photo is just from last month, its clear Tanya still cares about this community. Despite the fact that the majority of fans want the Snyders gone, if for no other reason than the horrid results over the last 20+ years….. the Snyder being gone would likely mean the same thing for this community. 

 

Hope I am wrong…. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

i dont believe tanya really knows this site and doubt dan remembers he owns it or if he does he hasn't read it in many years and thinks its like it was when karl worked for him and art was their boy

 

if they were aware, even just the reams of horrible things i've posted about dan, let alone the aggregate of all the intensely critical commentary from the membership at large on both the personal and "professional"  characteristics of dan, would have led him to close this den of miscreants, ne'er-do-wells, and rapscallions

 

 

  • Like 9
  • Haha 6
  • Thumb up 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

i dont believe tanya really knows this site and doubt dan remembers he owns it or if he does he hasn't read it in many years and thinks its like it was when karl worked for him and art was their boy

 

if they were aware, even just the reams of horrible things i've posted about dan, let alone the aggregate of all the intensely critical commentary from the membership at large on both the personal and "professional"  characteristics of dan, would have led him to close this den of miscreants, ne'er-do-wells, and rapscallions

 

 

Hmmm..i wonder which i am. Am I a miscreant, ne'er do well or a rapscallion...

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Jumbo Point taken, but then you have @Huly who represents the best of the best of all Redskins fans, and has been the face of Extremeskins for much of the front office, and I’d wager she is still for the Snyders. They may not read it, but they know this is where the most diehards hang out….

 

Perhaps it was just the poetry of the “X” with the feather instead of the Indian Head logo that she wanted to emphasize, and they just dont have a clue that they are still paying for this place. But I think its reasonable to assume that ppl become billionaires by knowing EXACTLY everything they own and what its value is. 

 

EDIT: @hail2skins Thanks for the link and trip down memory lane!!!! I had forgotten much of those details in my old(er) age…. VERY cool that little bit of history was put together! Props to @Mark The Homer for putting that together! 

Edited by Blade
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Just throwing this out there, but if they shut this site down I will buy ExtremeCommies.com, invite all of you to join, then bombard the **** out of you with ads to line my own pockets. 

  I would join of course just so I could be your first ban.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 8
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jumbo said:

i dont believe tanya really knows this site and doubt dan remembers he owns it or if he does he hasn't read it in many years and thinks its like it was when karl worked for him and art was their boy

 

if they were aware, even just the reams of horrible things i've posted about dan, let alone the aggregate of all the intensely critical commentary from the membership at large on both the personal and "professional"  characteristics of dan, would have led him to close this den of miscreants, ne'er-do-wells, and rapscallions

 

 

 

Maybe Tanya finally found the website and started seeing some of the stuff we've been saying.

 

Hell, how could she not agree? She knows a lot more of what he's done than we do, lol. 

 

Or maybe it's just about her getting booed at the game. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Reading the history page and it brings back a lot of memories. The comment about a guy stealing the players database. I remember that site but didn't know that guy had stole it from ES though. I did download the info from that website and then registered redskinsplayers.info in 2020 and started to design it so there could be a ink on ES if the mods wanted to do that. Some will remember that I use to put the countdown ticker on that domain. That was the main page until I had the chance to build the db. I was using MS SQL as my backend since I did programming in VBA and ASP but life got too busy and never got a chance to even start building the db properly. I did have a Excel spreadsheet with most of the info updated but that is how far I got.

 

Eventually I got away from doing programming and started to concentrate on hardware. Setting up corp. networks was more fun (pulling network cables, setting up racks, patch panels, switches and servers) and left the tedious programming to others. 

 

Good times and @hail2skins thanks for the memory trip. :)

 

Hopefully the new owners will embrace ES. But probably would change the name to align to the new team name though.  

 

 

Edited by zCommander
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wouldn’t be too worried about no ES if Dan sells. 
 

It’ll come back in a different iteration. We will reunite. We are strong. We are one. We are Essers. ES’ers? ESsers? I don’t know. We’re one of them. Destiny is all and ****.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Just throwing this out there, but if they shut this site down I will buy ExtremeCommies.com, invite all of you to join, then bombard the **** out of you with ads to line my own pockets. 

 

If ES had to go back out on its own again, I would gladly pay $8 a month to exercise my right to Free Speech reminding folks how I have answer for everything (good or bad) to help keep it running.

 

2020 in the tailgate made super clear that someone is reading this forum and to keep that in consideration in regards to keeping the site up and running with all the varying degrees of opinions here (good and bad).

 

While I would hope the future owners do check on us to get our pulse versus being completely blind-sided on our opinions of them, I enjoy what seems like semi-autonomy from the franchise while they help keep the lights on.  It was honestly nerve racking at first because of how notoriously thin-skinned Snyder was at the time when site became owned by the team, but it worked out.

 

@Blade as badly as Snyder has been flamed here over the years for him not to shut this **** down by now is a good sign, like if we can get through that, not sure what we can't. Not sure I'd buy a scenario where Dan wanted to and Tanya stopped him, we haven't been anymore merciful towards her lately, gotten worse frankly.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry... Didn't see this, or I would have responded sooner...

 

Both Tanya Snyder and Jason Wright were sporting their ES Pins at that game.

 

If you guys recall, we had a ton of those made up a number of years ago to raise money for the tailgate charity (Abby's Army). Tanya reached out to us and then sent her son to our tailgate to purchase more than half of our stock, and handed them out to a bunch of the redskins staff, coaches and others. FYI, this is not the first time she has sported that pin.

 

During the housecleaning a year or two ago, Extremeskins kinda got lost in the mix, and completely forgotten (we had a couple outages because they forgot to pay the light bill). Huly and I and some of the folks here worked to get ES back on their radar, and I can tell you that Tanya is fully aware of this site's presence.

 

Despite what you think about Dan Snyder, I can tell you that Tanya is an absolutely awesome person... between her charity efforts, and the way she treats people in the organization, she has been a fantastic person to work with.

 

A concern that Huly and I have is what will happen to this site if a transfer of ownership occurs. We may want to make contingency plans to go independent again. WE will do everything we can to help make sure that the organization always knows about the presence of ES and the die hard fans that live here...

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 12
  • Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, pez said:

Sorry... Didn't see this, or I would have responded sooner...

 

Both Tanya Snyder and Jason Wright were sporting their ES Pins at that game.

 

If you guys recall, we had a ton of those made up a number of years ago to raise money for the tailgate charity (Abby's Army). Tanya reached out to us and then sent her son to our tailgate to purchase more than half of our stock, and handed them out to a bunch of the redskins staff, coaches and others. FYI, this is not the first time she has sported that pin.

 

During the housecleaning a year or two ago, Extremeskins kinda got lost in the mix, and completely forgotten (we had a couple outages because they forgot to pay the light bill). Huly and I and some of the folks here worked to get ES back on their radar, and I can tell you that Tanya is fully aware of this site's presence.

 

Despite what you think about Dan Snyder, I can tell you that Tanya is an absolutely awesome person... between her charity efforts, and the way she treats people in the organization, she has been a fantastic person to work with.

 

A concern that Huly and I have is what will happen to this site if a transfer of ownership occurs. We may want to make contingency plans to go independent again. WE will do everything we can to help make sure that the organization always knows about the presence of ES and the die hard fans that live here...

You guys are awesome. I miss hanging out with guys. 

  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...