Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Hilarious, their ticket reps pushing season tickets now

I think it's a great idea.  Strike while the iron is hot!

I'm curious to see all of the fans who "stay away from FedEx Field as long as Snyder is the owner" will actually sack up and start going to games?   

I have a sneaking suspicion, (and I hope that I'm wrong), that those same fans will find another excuse to not come out and root for our team.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/36179625/sources-snyders-deal-sell-washington-commandersowners Dan and Tanya Snyder are near a deal to sell the storied NFL franchise, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter on Thursday.

A group led by Josh Harris, co-owner of the Philadelphia 76ers and NHL's New Jersey Devils, continues to be optimistic that it will get the team. But Canadian billionaire Steve Apostopolous and his family are still in the mix, with sources telling ESPN that it's "a head-to-head race. ... It's anyone's game."

No deal has been signed, sources told ESPN, and any deal has to be submitted and approved by league owners.

Tilman Fertitta, owner of the NBA's Houston Rockets, and another anonymous group that bid on the team have also been linked to the Commanders sale.

The current record sale for an NFL franchise, set in August, is $4.65 billion after a group led by Walmart heir Rob Walton bought the Denver Broncos.

A deal likely wouldn't be approved until the next league meetings, scheduled for May 22-24 in Minneapolis. The NFL's eight-member finance committee will examine the documents and then put it to a vote of the other 31 owners. The NFL is familiar with Harris, who was a finalist in the bidding for the Broncos last summer before the Walton group won out.

The deal for the Commanders would also include FedEx Field in Landover, Maryland, as well as the team's practice facility in Ashburn, Virginia. The Commanders have been seeking a new stadium somewhere in the D.C. area. According to multiple people involved in the process, Snyder's presence -- and the investigations into him and the franchise -- had stalled the process in the last year.

The Commanders finished 8-8-1 last season under coach Ron Rivera, entering his fourth year in charge

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

I think it's a great idea.  Strike while the iron is hot!

I'm curious to see all of the fans who "stay away from FedEx Field as long as Snyder is the owner" will actually sack up and start going to games?   

I have a sneaking suspicion, (and I hope that I'm wrong), that those same fans will find another excuse to not come out and root for our team.

I do think we'll see an initial upsurge in ticket sales and attendance, but if we start like 2-4 again it'll be same ol same ol.