Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

It is exceedingly difficult to suck as much as Bruce considering he bombed on both the football side and sales side of the business. Dude hit you from all angles. Bad interactions w/ media, immortalized bad quotes, terrible work culture, no progress on the stadium, horrible football moves, got real-cheap real fast and celebrated it... list is crazy.

You can't expect anyone to match that level of pure ineptitude if they are only allotted a fraction of his responsibilities. Bruce is the GOAT in this respect.

• Thumb up 2

33 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

talked years ago that even with my very limited knowledge about stadiums.  I worked in the legislature where an outfit was lobbying for one and I helped an associate friend who was pushing for one years later -- that the stories about how Bruce was approaching the stadium quest seemed odd at best.  And I laid out why years back.    Him failing at it, wasn't hard to see coming.  What didn't he fail at?

The son of a legendary coach and brother of former US Senator was so incompetent compared to some legislature you worked with? So laughable. 

Bruce nearly had the RFK site awarded to the Redskins as part of a deal to slip it into a complicated congressional spending bill in 2018 which would have also bypassed local input. The then Secretary of the Interior Ryan Zinke was all for it but he ended up having political issues that are better topics for the tailgate and it didn’t happen. However it was way closer than JKC ever got to putting a stadium there. 

Bruce was also awarded NFL executive of the year in 2002. It’s easy to make him out to be some clown but his job was to protect Dan. He did that and became the lighting rod himself. There is less than zero chance that Jason Wright could have gotten as close to being awarded the RFK site as Bruce was in 2018. Dan was not beloved in 2018. Everyone knew who he was and yet Bruce nearly pulled it off.

Edited by SoCalSkins

1 hour ago, No Nonsense said:

Maybe, but the Taylor family taking a picture in front of porta potties and the sloppiness of the unveiling of the team name. Those were amateurish mistakes. 

Not to mention...

" Hey Jason. We need a memorial for Sean Taylor. "

" I'm on it, boss. "

How did that go over ?

" Hey Jason, we need a press release on the investigation "

" I'm on it, boss."

Over the last 18 months we've made a lot of changes......and a commitment to every member of the Washington Football Club 

Some of the things that are emerging from that are the Washington Football Team has something that ties deeply to our history. It feels like that isn't jettisoning all the things we have been in the past, whereas something that's completely new might feel that way.

"It's important for a substantial part of our fan base to feel that this is a continuation of something versus a complete reset, something brand new."

.. but **** all that noise. We're going Commanders.

- Jason Wright -

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

The son of a legendary coach and brother of former US Senator was so incompetent compared to some legislature you worked with? So laughable. 

What's laughable is how you interperted the point.  I didn't compare Bruce to the legislature.  But to play along witht the weird interperation, yes I've met many people in the legislature who were more impressive to me than Bruce.  And I did meet Bruce multiple times.   

As for being the son of a coach and a brother of a Senator, enough said, that is why he should be running personnel? :ols: 

But look, Dan thought obviously the same way. 

Even Mike Lombardi who worked with Bruce with the Raiders years back thought the idea of Bruce running personnel was an absolute joke.   

16 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Bruce was also awarded NFL executive of the year in 2002. It’s easy to make him out to be some clown but his job was to protect Dan.

Bruce did the clown show stuff on his own without the help from Dan -- that's what made the combination so special the Batman and Robin tag team that basically chased half the fan base away.

But as Sheehan said their internal polls showed 95% of the fans didn't like Bruce.  But obviously there is 5%. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

We are officially at the point in the offseason where SoCal is touting Bruce’s 2002 Executive of the Year Award.

Make. It. Stop.

In a thread about the sale of the team.  And he’s dragging many a good poster (most recently SIP) with him.

If only this we’re April Fool’s day and it was outside the norm

Edited by stoshuaj
  • Like 1

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

What's laughable is how you interpreted the point.  I didn't compare Bruce to the legislature.  But to play along witht the weird interperation, yes I've met many people in the legislature who were more impressive to me than Bruce.  And I did meet Bruce multiple times. 

As for being the son of a coach and a brother of a Senator, enough said, that's why he should be running personnel. :ols: 

But look, Dan thought obviously the same way. 

Even Mike Lombardi who worked with Bruce with the Raiders thought the idea of Bruce running personnel was an absolute joke.   

Bruce did the clown show stuff on his own without the help from Dan -- that's what made the combination so special the Batman and Robin tag team that basically chased half the fan base away.

Bruce had a majority of congress, the Secretary of the Interior and the President of the United States on board with his plan. 

I call complete BS. 

Did you meet Bruce running into him and he shook your hand or did you have a scheduled meeting with him specifically to discuss business? 

13 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Bruce had a majority of congress, the Secretary of the Interior and the President of the United States on board with his plan. 

I call complete BS. 

Did you meet Bruce running into him and he shook your hand or did you have a scheduled meeting with him specifically to discuss business? 

You got me Bruce was wonderful.  Brother of a Senator.  I surrender.  Sorry, I am one of the few outliers that didn't care for him.    😎

14 minutes ago, stoshuaj said:

In a thread about the sale of the team.  And he’s dragging many a good poster (most recently SIP) with him.

If only this we’re April Fool’s day and it was outside the norm

My bad.  After a few posts, I didn't take the bait anymore a few days ago on the RG3 will be the GM posts.    Debating Bruce is equally as silly and outlandish.   

Back on topic. 

Listened to Galdi's podcast.  Darren Haynes.  Not much new.

A. Sale definitely going down

B.  Dan is selling 100% of the team

C.  He heard Harris is the front runner and that team is very organized with a plan to hit the ground running if they get the team

D. Doesn't know what Bezos is going to do.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

You got me Bruce was wonderful.  Brother of a Senator.  I surrender.  Sorry, I am one of the few outliers that didn't care for him.    😎

You claimed your personal interaction with him where you said “yes I’ve met many people in the legislature who were more impressive to me than Bruce.  And I did meet Bruce multiple times.” qualified you to to make that determination. When I called you out on your likely BS and that at best you had a meet and greet with him, you suddenly change your tune. 

That’s Dan Snyder level of puffery and delusion of self grandeur. I’m the expert at self importance! Game recognizes game! But this is just overboard and laughable dude. 

13 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

C.  He heard Harris is the front runner and that team is very organized with a plan to hit the ground running if they get the team

Don’t even need to know what this entails to get very excited reading that 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

You claimed your personal interaction with him where you said “yes I’ve met many people in the legislature who were more impressive to me than Bruce.  And I did meet Bruce multiple times.” qualified you to to make that determination. When I called you out on your likely BS and that at best you had a meet and greet with him, you suddenly change your tune. 

That’s Dan Snyder level of puffery and delusion of self grandeur. I’m the expert at self importance! Game recognizes game! But this is just overboard and laughable dude. 

Pufffery and delusion really coming from you?   :ols:   We've done this dance once before where you read weird things into my posts.  

You are the one on this thread who tells everyone how you are right about everything, and they are wrong.  And even in this process you seem to have certainty about this or that when all we can do is guess.  

I talked about watching a stadium quest happen in Florida and being on the other side of that.  The whole process, how many lobbyists were involved, the grass roots efforts, etc.  And I read about how Bruce was going about it and it came off unimpressive to me in comparison, sorry.

you took that somehow as me saying that Bruce isn't as an impressive dude than name that person.  That's not what I said.  But I admit that point struck me odd. Since, I can give a rats behind about the pedigree of Bruce's family when evaluating his work. 

But to play along since you made that point, yeah everything I've seen and read about Bruce over a long time has made me a loud of critic of him for various reasons -- me and like 99% of the fan base.  But there always has to be a 1%.  So look you got a right to be an outlier on this.  I don't give a rats behind.  

As for meeting him, I met him in an auction i won where I got to watch practice.  And then ran into him multiple times around the elevator at the team hotel in Richmond -- and even my wife who isn't into the sport, thought he came off like an empty suit personality wise.   But my opinion of Bruce was formed way before those chance meetings. B).   It was just a small reinforcement to me. 

As for him being on the brink of getting a stadium, I was following the quest, I posted a lot on that thread, I didn't get the same impression.  They had the interior secretary in their corner but didn't push it fast enough and then he left, then the party they mostly backed in elections lost the House.  I personally don't think they played it well. 

I even recall towards the end Finlay in an interview asked Bruce something to the effect of is this happening anytime soon, and Bruce told him he can enjoy his summer (without worrying about news on the stadium) or whatever time period it was at the time, I don't recall. 

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Pufffery and delusion really coming from you?   :ols:  

Did I not say I’m the expert at it? 😂 

We can have a laugh about it over drinks at the one of the bars at the Gaylord in National Harbor next to the new stadium after one of our many wins to come! 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

I call complete BS. 

It’s hilarious when you question others but speak in absolutes on subjects where the only thing absolute is your use of pretzel logic to give the impression you know what your talking about.

We all see right through this.  Just be the dorky dad with the big hat, the hardass schtick has always looked awful on you.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Monte51Coleman said:

I guess it’s time for a #rehirebruceallen campaign. 🤣

Harris is apparently going to have RG3 run the team for him. SI reports that RG3 will be in charge of the Commanders under a Harris group ownership:

https://www.si.com/nfl/commanders/.amp/news/robert-griffin-iii-in-charge-of-commanders-when-dan-snyder-sells-washington-new-owners

Given that Bruce Allen traded with the Rams to move up and draft our apparent new team leader, it’s not out of the realm of possibility that Robert brings Bruce back on board to assist. 

Just ask @Conn. He recently just posted he is very excited about the possibility regardless of the details.

Edited by SoCalSkins
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Harris is apparently going to have RG3 run the team for him. SI reports that RG3 will be in charge of the Commanders under a Harris group ownership:

Seriously. For the rest of the day. You have to let us know when you're doing April Fools jokes.

I know that kind of defeats the purpose. But, it is the compassionate thing to do.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, No Nonsense said:

Maybe, but the Taylor family taking a picture in front of porta potties and the sloppiness of the unveiling of the team name stick out. Those were amateurish mistakes. 

I still don't understand how that could have happened. Wright uses big phrases like 'calibrate the fanbase' which he learned at McKinsey that are more appropriate for business theory  than running an NFL team. People matter, but I don't think that's taught at McKinsey.

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

I still don't understand how that could have happened. Wright uses big phrases like 'calibrate the fanbase' which he learned at McKinsey that are more appropriate for business theory  than running an NFL team. People matter, but I don't think that's taught at McKinsey.

Pretty sure he gets paid per syllable.

• Haha 3