Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

October is fine.  All we need is that heading into the 2024 offseason, after that first week of January; a new owner is in place.

We want the new owner in place by then; so he can clean house and bring in his own people.

If Irsay is saying October; then it looks like the nfl is giving Dan the time to get the bids higher. The higher the team sells for, the better for everyone.

So, they are letting the process play out. I do think they want to be at an agreement to sell by the May owners meetings.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CobraCommander said:

Who amongst us hasn’t been this blitzed? I cannot cast a stone. 

Did Jim took a breathalyzer before the interview ? ;)

October seems to me far away, last time everything was wrapped up by May.

Edited by FrFan

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

****ING OCTOBER?!

That's my thoughts exactly.

Doesn't look like I will be renewing Gamepass in July / August.

Take a break from the NFL for a year.......   I'd watch College Football instead but i don't think it is easy to get it in the UK.....

Hopefully will be resolved sooner.

The NFL is a complete joke!

2 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

****ING OCTOBER?!

Someonbe please make it happen by next owner's meeting in May. I really don't want to have to put up with the medias speculations contest all summer long.

C'mon Jeff or another worthy one give him what he wants and let's get it over with asap.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47pn4nskqj9rqrgmtp5i

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47ondwpyumhp1cqe5o8e

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 1

Thus far, three known bidders have emerged: Josh Harris, Steve Apostolopoulos and Tilman Fertitta. Multiple sources have said there was a unknown fourth bidder, who toured the facility -- as did Harris and Apostolopoulos. Fertitta had been scheduled to tour their stadium, but he had to cancel and has not yet rescheduled.

"I believe that something is close to happening," said Kraft, who then added: "I don't know that for sure. We'll wait and see what happens."

But, Irsay said, for a vote to be taken in May they'd need to give the league enough time to do the necessary background work after an agreement is announced. He said that process could take up to a month, though it helps that someone like Harris was among the finalists to buy the Denver Broncos last summer.

"These things take a little time," Irsay said, "but a lot more could be known by May and you hope in a couple months that there's some real progress and you know a lot more. Right now it's hard to know exactly how close we could be in May with being presented with a buyer and a sale."

The Washington Post reported last month that Snyder would ask the owners for indemnification against future legal liabilities, a claim a Snyder spokesman called untrue Monday. Snyder remains under investigation by the NFL and attorney Mary Jo White. There are also multiple ongoing investigations into his finances, including by federal prosecutors in the Eastern District of Virginia.

Irsay said the other owners would not offer indemnity even if Snyder had asked.

"We're going to do what we've always done with deals like with Denver or Carolina," Irsay said. "It's going to be fair and equal treatment. There's a normal course that has to happen during a sale and we're going to stay along those lines. There's no reason for us to be giving any sort of unusual indemnification that the [others] didn't have. At this point it hasn't gotten to that because first you have to be presented with a buyer."

As Irsay spoke, one of Snyder's attorneys, Norm Chirite, stood behind the assembled media and videotaped some of his comments.

"It's certainly understandable why we would want to know what an owner who has previously left confidential League meetings and made disparaging comments about other owners had to say," a team spokesman said.

Dallas owner Jerry Jones told reporters that the Commanders are a national treasure.

"It's a team in the nation's capital, it's highly visible and creates a unique perspective for fans," Jones said.

Irsay agreed.

"This just isn't any franchise," he said. "This is right there in Washington, D.C. in the power lane of the world -- not just the country, the world."

He then recalled the days when Jack Kent Cooke owned the franchise and Joe Gibbs was the coach and it played at RFK Stadium.

"What a great tradition," he said. "We hope for success going forward. This is a very unique opportunity in terms of ownership. All teams are very, very valuable but there are a few like this for the reasons that are obvious that are very key. We're just looking forward to getting it concluded."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35974984/commanders-sale-unknown-meetings

Starting to get the feeling Snyder is gonna string this out as long as he can. The only reason I see him selling is the financial bind he is in.  So until that becomes untenable for him I see him keeping the team.  

3 minutes ago, Rocky21 said:

Nah those signing bonuses are due in May.  I continue to hope that this gets wrapped up prior to the season starting.  

Hoping to at least have a buyer named by the draft. Owner voted on and ratified prior to training camp. Must be a freakin nightmare trying to work there and make decisions within the organization at this point.

Someone covering this, forgetting whom maybe it was Finlay keeps saying its a similar timeline to Denver's sale soup to nuts if it goes down in May -- big negotiations take time. 

To me the tea leaves lead to some type of narrative like this...

I'd say for arouind the last 2 months or so, just about everyone who is covering the story projected May not March to likely be the timeline for the sale.  

Some thought that the owners meeting in March would be sort of the self-imposed defacto deadline for Dan picking the buyer.  Others including Keim thought nope, its progressing and coming soon but not this week.    

Feels like there is a game of who is going to blink first on the indemnification issue.   With the owners doubling down that it won't be them.

Based on his Fox Business News pal recent points, its clear that it's really really really important for Dan (totally on brand) to ride off in his version of the sunset with the false narrative that he's doing this on his own accord not via pressure.  So to that point, I gather the last thing Dan would want to do is pick the buyer to fit the owners meeting because that would be conceding that he's feeling that pressure.

As I've said recently, while its frustrating that it hasn't concluded already -- the one common refrain including from some who used to give disclaimers like Dan is likely going to sell but some say he won't.  As time marches on, you got barely anyone saying he won't.  The chorus is defeaning that he's selling.  Among others, Keim seems to have no doubt he's selling and its going down soon.  But for us every day waiting is sort of torture.  :ols:    Soon for us feels like should be hours, not weeks.   But I got right now no concerns about this.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3

Anyone beside me watch "Command Center"? I know a lot of it is fluff and the hosts cant "bite the hand that feeds them" but there is often some good interviews and Paulson, Moss etc. do a good job of breaking down plays and schemes etc.

Anyhoo, apparently they wont be on NBC post April 1 but will still be on the Commanders site and youtube. All that being said it has be a really weird thing to do the show knowing that the one thing everyone wants you to discuss is the sale but you cant for obvious reasons, yet in the back of your mind also knowing you may not have a job in a couple of months. Weird situation.

Edited by Chris 44
  • Like 1

Irsay came off like he was just spitballing, he referenced May and then October while also saying he doesn't know squat.

Like always i am sticking with Keim as the most reliable source, and he's giving no indication its dragging on that late.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2023/03/27/jim-irsay-dan-snyder-nfl-meetings/

The league and owners have been told little by the Commanders about the sale deliberations, Irsay said.

“The information is very little to none in terms of the 31 of us and, you know, really, probably even the league office,” he said. “Right now, you know, the sale process is being run by them. And so, really, we’ve heard kind of what you guys have heard about possible three candidates and everything that gets reported out there, I know, is probably somewhat speculative because it’s just what people have heard. But, really, this hasn’t been anything where we’re being informed on anything yet, on any aspect from the report that’s supposed to come in as well as where the sale process stands.”

7 hours ago, spjunkies said:

I can't wait until these toxic creatures get far away from our team. I'm a Bezos guy, but at this point I hope the dork just sells the team t9 Harris ASAP

“Dan Snyder’s long time adviser” good luck putting that on your resume.

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Andre The Giant said:

No way in hell he only sells minority share. Way too far down the road for that to happen. League will not allow his stench to be associated with the NFL in any capacity. Too many bridges scorched at this point.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

Liz Clark was on Sheehan's podcast recently, too.   She is one of the remaining pessimists about this.  I'll listen to Galdi's version of this but on Sheehan's show it didn't sound like she had any insider info on it but she was running on the bet to go with foreboding pessmisim with anything dealing with Dan.

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

I, for one, continue to not be shocked that this is dragging on. 

You should be pissed about it, even if you're not shocked that this is dragging on.

There's a saying in sales..."Time kills all deals."  It doesn't take a genius to figure out what that means and the thought process behind it.  But for the people in the cheap seats, the more time you allow to pass, the more opportunity you give for something unforeseen to pop up and kill a deal, the more opportunity for someone's needs to change and make what you're selling less of a priority, the more opportunity for a competitor to get their foot in the door,  the more opportunity you give for someone to lose interest and back out, the more opportunity from people who are sitting on the sidelines thinking if they want to get in on a deal to sit back and look at what's going on and see if they want to engage....the more opportunity you give for someone to change their mind.  

I don't think this team is that good, but what if Howell starts the season on fire and the defense is allowing 14 ppg and they start the season 5-0 while Dan is still the owner?  Fans are excited, this team is looking like a winner...This is what he's been waiting over 20 years for, you think he might start having second thoughts on if he wants to sell the team?  

It's cool if you want to play it cool and be above it, but if this drags throughout the summer, IMO, there's more ways that this sale goes sideways instead of Dan actually selling.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

October is fine.  All we need is that heading into the 2024 offseason, after that first week of January; a new owner is in place.

We want the new owner in place by then; so he can clean house and bring in his own people.

If Irsay is saying October; then it looks like the nfl is giving Dan the time to get the bids higher. The higher the team sells for, the better for everyone.

So, they are letting the process play out. I do think they want to be at an agreement to sell by the May owners meetings.

Agreed.  At this point, what's a new owner really.gonna do?  Other then force them to do something crazy at the draft.  I always thought this coming year was gonna have Snyder fingerprints on it anyway.  

15 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

There's a saying in sales..."Time kills all deals." 

So I guess this applies when there's no deadline, because then the sister saying "deadlines drive deals" applies. lol

• Like 1