Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

1 hour ago, Spearfeather said:

Maybe so, but without looking at the Gridiron Uniform Database ( great site ), I"m going to venture to say there have been teams that have made small changes, stripes etc. within a five year period.

The Patriots were the last team to tweak their jerseys before five years elapsed. They introduced new uniforms in 1993, tweaked the jerseys and helmet in 1994, and then brought in new jerseys again in 1995. This is probably what led to the NFL's 5-year rule, but as I said there are exceptions and if the new owner wants to change the name and has tremendous fan support then it will happen, just not within a year.

• Like 1

We need a new name even if the new one is the one possible name worse than Commanders. I can’t think of a worse one but I’m sure there is one. Regardless, Dan can’t be the guy to permanently name the team. 

Washington RedDanSnyders is possibly worse than what we got, but it has red and we get HTTR back so I call that one a draw. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

9 hours ago, mistertim said:

This is basically Dan Snyder's entire career summarized in one sentence.

It never ceases to amaze me how someone so cartoonishly inept somehow became a billionaire.

It's like Mr. Magoo managing to win an olympic archery tournament.

I liken Snyder to the Beverly Hillbillies, who got rich just because they got lucky enough to strike oil in their backyard. Dan "Jed Clampett" Snyder got lucky during the DotCom boom of the 1990s.

• Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

I liken Snyder to the Beverly Hillbillies, who got rich just because they got lucky enough to strike oil in their backyard. Dan "Jed Clampett" Snyder got lucky during the DotCom boom of the 1990s.

Got lucky and then did the most obvious, no chance of failure (at least monetarily) thing you could possibly do with your undeserved fortune.  Bought an NFL team.  Without question the smartest financial move the guy ever made.  He tried pretty hard to mess it up, what with exposure to lawsuits from misbehavior etc, but even then you can't lose owning an NFL team.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, The 12th Commandment said:

Got lucky and then did the most obvious, no chance of failure (at least monetarily) thing you could possibly do with your undeserved fortune.  Bought an NFL team.  Without question the smartest financial move the guy ever made.  He tried pretty hard to mess it up, what with exposure to lawsuits from misbehavior etc, but even then you can't lose owning an NFL team.

Plus the attention and fame. No one would have have known who he is. I’m sure he doesn’t care it’s negative attention as long he’s getting it.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

We need a new name even if the new one is the one possible name worse than Commanders. I can’t think of a worse one but I’m sure there is one. Regardless, Dan can’t be the guy to permanently name the team. 

Washington RedDanSnyders is possibly worse than what we got, but it has red and we get HTTR back so I call that one a draw. 

We supporting the Washington DoodooHeads if that's what it comes to?

• Thumb up 1

Caught up with Bram talking about it on his show.

A.  Thinks its likely Harris but far from 100% sure

B.  As a fan, he wants it to be Harris if he can pick

C.  The sale is definitely going down

D.  Heard the bids are a little short of the 6 billion mark 

E.  Not just Dan but the league he believes also wants that 6 billion mark

F.  Believes the league would want Bezos in the mix

G.  Believes the leak about the other bidder yesterday is Dan's team or the league pressuring Harris to hit the mark they want -- they don't want Harris to believe he has no serious competition

H. Fretiita's bid close to Harris but believes its short of Harris bid

I.  He does believe good chance the winning bidder gets announced next week

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

Taxes won't be more than $1.5B at $6B sale, and will actually be closer to $1B even. It'll be long term capital gains less his cost basis (probably closer to $1B when you factor in this last buyout).  

So he's skating off into the sunset with $3-4B net after taxes if and when the deal goes down. 

My mistake, I was thinking income tax rates

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Professor_Nutter_Butter said:

We supporting the Washington DoodooHeads if that's what it comes to?

Yes. We will wear poop emoji hats like Green Bay wears cheese. 

Also make it RedDoodooHeads and I’m in 100%.

Edited by SoCalSkins
  • Like 2

Gasparino from Dan's camp.  It's on brand that Dan wants everyone to know that no one is kicking him out, its all him at his own volition.  Same dude who when supposedly was given a light punishment from the NFL about staying away from the franchise for a span -- granted it was a bogus punishment -- but Dan still couldn't even play along with a fake punishment and wanted everyone to know that the NFL wasn't punishing him.

For the pro Bezos crowd, I take that tweet as good news, at least its better than the WP story yesterday. :ols:  As I said multiple times recently, if I were in the pro Bezos camp, I'd hope that AJ Perez is on the money since he's been the one covering this who consistently said Bezos is in play. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Come on Jeff

3 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

That tweet reeks of an attempt to get someone to up their bid. Again.

"You better give me an offer I can't refuse or else Bezos will be allowed to put this outta reach for everybody" kinda vibes

Same deal with the brushoff of pressure on Snyder to sell and the timetable.

Bezos needs to come in with a massive bid and end this. Make our dreams of the Washington RedDoodooHeads a reality. 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Dan is an unpredictable, high strung, petty dude, so anything is possible.    The fact that in that same tweet, Gasparino says that Dan is selling without NFL pressure gives it a little credence to me because that's soooooo Dan.   Gasprino as we know is friendly with Dan, heck has even spent time on his Yacht.

Snyder now twice has basically responded via his cronies right after the WR published stories that Bezos is being excluded that its not so.   Is to what that means?  I don't know.  But its hard to miss at two different times Dan responds the next day via a crony this time and the previous time via a press release from his PR story that essentially the WP stories aren't true. 

As for Bezos.  I think could be...

A.  Using him as leverage to get Harris to up his bid and his no interest in selling to him.

B.  Bezos has his own big ego.  He might be thinking screw that twerp, if he wants me to bid at this point, chase me, I am not chasing him.  And we got this dancing going.

C.  They want to hit that 6 billion mark.  Per what Bram said today the league wants it there, too and Bezos is the dude who could easily do it if he chooses

3 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Bezos needs to come in with a massive bid and end this. Make our dreams of the Washington RedDoodooHeads a reality. 

That would be in our best interest, not his so much. Like every other bidder he wants this team for the lowest number possible.

For all we know there is an agreement in place that Dan gets to run the bid up as high as he can and Bezos will be allotted the oppo to beat it.

We know Bezos was blocked for a while, but as soon as he signed that NDA all info on the subject is unreliable. He's on the inside now.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Bifflog said:

Seems the best way to accomplish this is just let Bezos actually bid, and raise the bar.  

If you want to maximize the deal you do exactly what Dan has done. Make the other bidders believe that Bezos is not allowed to bid. You play them against each other until you get the largest bid and at the last minute you give Bezos 1 shot to bid. 

If Bezos came in earlier, Harris would have bailed. Like he did with Broncos. He is on record saying he was not going to get into a back and forth bid with Walton. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

If Bezos came in earlier, Harris would have bailed. Like he did with Broncos. He is on record saying he was not going to get into a back and forth bid with Walton. 

Yup

Gotta imagine that is the lesson learned from the Broncos sale. If you have a whale in the fish pond, they can end your whole auction prematurely.

Harris has said he was willing to go up to 5 Bill on the Broncos, but the second an uber rich whale comes into play it sucks the fight outta other parties. Then your franchise sells for 4.6 B when it could have gone for 5 B.

If you wanna maximize your profit, don't let Bezos bid. He outclasses his competition to too high a degree. The second he bids, your auction is likely over. If nobody is getting in a bidding war w/ 60B Walton, nobody is getting in a bidding war w/ 170B Bezos.

• Like 1