Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

13 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

So, new owner gets in here and immediately trades 2 firsts and pays $250m guaranteed to Lamar.

Does that sound like the beginning of an ownership tenure of anybody we’ve had owning the team for 24 years?

this is a setup tweet.  So when the new owner doesn’t do this, she can lament it for a year and say how stupid they are. 

but it’s also cart before horse.  Deal done first.  Then we’ll figure out about the QB.

No new owner is going to break the unwritten rule that you don’t give out 5 year guaranteed deals like Haslam did with Watson.  This is don’t spend above the cap in the uncapped year territory. The other owners aren’t playing. Harris or Bezos won’t rock the boat that early.

The only plausible destination for Lamar other than Baltimore is the Dolphins because Ross is pissed he was suspended and docked a draft pick over Tom Brady. 

A stipulation of Goodell’s last contract was to find and groom his replacement. I wonder if it’s more likely that the Snyder stuff is so ugly, and that MJW report might still have to come out if the media gives them hell for it and doesn’t get distracted by the ownership change, that they are basically paying Goodell to eat that heat for another year or two so the next commissioner can start fresh with an untarnished reputation. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Panninho said:

If he joined this late it might mean that the bidding ain't over and they brought a third person in.

But who knows. He could have also been on board from the start and no one knew, especially if he was also part of the Broncos bid.

He appeared to join the Broncos bid towards the end too. For the sale numbers being quoted here I can’t really see his financial backing being make or break to be honest. Sounds like more PR noise than anything.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

He appeared to join the Broncos bid towards the end too. For the sale numbers being quoted here I can’t really see his financial backing being make or break to be honest. Sounds like more PR noise than anything.

As soon as he appeared in the Broncos bid, Walton swooped in and bought the team. 

There is hope for Bezos!!! 😂 

11 minutes ago, Conn said:

A stipulation of Goodell’s last contract was to find and groom his replacement. I wonder if it’s more likely that the Snyder stuff is so ugly, and that MJW report might still have to come out if the media gives them hell for it and doesn’t get distracted by the ownership change, that they are basically paying Goodell to eat that heat for another year or two so the next commissioner can start fresh with an untarnished reputation. 

It’s a standard extension to 2027:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Jerry tried to oust Roger last time and failed. However it was widely expected Roger’s current deal would be his last but he’s getting an extension at the same meetings that it’s expected the Washington sale will be announced. The two are undeniably related. It’s not the only reason but it definitely helped Roger collect his 40 to 50 mil a year for a few more years. 

Jones was enraged after Goodell suspended Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott six games for a violation of the personal conduct policy. In another words Jerry was having a hissy fit like a toddler. Then the following year he was praising the commish. So this was an isolated incident. 

The extension is probably not because of the sale but what Goodell had to do keep Dan from making a mockery of the NFL league and protect the other owners from Dan as well. Dan is selling because he is cornered and can't get out from the legal stuff that might come his way and doesn't want to go to jail but has to sell and run to Europe instead. 

Edited by zCommander

10 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Jones was enraged after Goodell suspended Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott six games for a violation of the personal conduct policy. In another words Jerry was having a hissy fit like a toddler. Then the following year he was praising the commish. So this was an isolated incident. 

The extension is probably not because of the sale but what Goodell had to do keep Dan from making a mockery of the NFL league and protect the other owners from Dan as well. Dan is selling because he is cornered and can't get out from the legal stuff that might come his way and doesn't want to go to jail but has to sell and run to Europe instead. 

As @Conn eluded to in his post, the deal was that the previous extension would be Roger’s last. Jerry and Dan wanted him out. Kraft brokered the deal to extend Roger for the last time. Now they are extending him again at the very meeting the Dan situation might come to a path to a smooth conclusion. 

Also Jerry was pissed off with Roger way before the Zeke suspension. The leaked emails in the Raiders lawsuit show that. Jerry and Dan went to the Pappa John’s CEO and asked him to intervene as the league’s biggest advertiser. This was around the time of the protests during the anthem.

Edited by SoCalSkins

9 minutes ago, London Kev said:

I noticed that you dropped the Leeds United Logo, you still a fan?

Absolutely! Still watch every game.

It’s a toss up if Leeds or Washington give me a heart attack first.

4 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

He’s an AFC Richmond man now! Go Greyhounds!

Believe!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Absolutely! Still watch every game.

It’s a toss up if Leeds or Washington give me a heart attack first.

I know what you mean, I'm a Charlton Athletic fan. Both of my favourite teams have been mismanaged by terrible owners for years.

Let's hope that one of them can finally bring us some much needed joy in the coming seasons.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Jay Z is a cooler celeb co-owner. 

WTF is this crap 😒

Magic Johnson has had a share of several professional team, and I believe they have all won championships.  

Jay Z was part owner of the Brooklyn Nets for a decade and, I'll spare you the research, they did not.  

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Posting this for @Voice_of_Reason specifically,  

Time to rename the millennial pause.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb down 1

2 minutes ago, RedDawn said:

Magic Johnson has had a share of several professional team, and I believe they have all won championships.  

Jay Z was part owner of the Brooklyn Nets for a decade and, I'll spare you the research, they did not.  

Time to rename the millennial pause.  

Magic Johnson had people named Kobe Bryant and LeBron James leading his teams, Jay Z did not :)

2 minutes ago, Conn said:

If Rick Snider posted here he’d be a bottom 20% poster in quality lol

He is at his best IMO talking about the old days.  He's not bad rehashing ironically tidbis from the last sale.  But clearly out of the loop for years including about this current sale. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4