Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

4 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

You aren’t spending $6 Billion just to

keep the team a loser, so as to not piss off fans of the team you own in another city. That’s the most asinine thing ever.

The concern about Harris/Rales is after purchasing the team, how much money will they have left?  This team needs an upgrade in facilities for the short term and then needs a new long term facility.  Do they have money to do that and will they be able to get someone to pony up for a new stadium? Will they have the cash flow to sign players?   That’s the concern, they are spending all their available money to get the team.

You answered your own question. They might not have the money to improve the team so they might let it linger in mediocrity without any significant investments and keep cashing the NFL cash cow checks while the value of the team exponentially goes up.

There is a bigger return on his investment dollars in the Sixers given the revenue sharing models of the two leagues. It not asinine it’s business. They are supposedly genius businessmen. Why would they not make those business decisions?

If by the slim Chance we can get a new owner approved by end of owners meetings; wonder if the new owner changes the rest of the offseason direction?  The new owner may change our draft plans.   QB is where the new owner could still change things. He may decide he’s not satisfied with the qb room of Sam/Jacoby.  He could decide to make an offer for Lamar or decide to make a trade to get the #3 pick from Arizona to get the 3rd qb in the draft.

Or the new owner could just stand Pat and let the offseason to proceed as planned.

That’s what I will be watching if we get an approval in 2 weeks. 

I still don’t think an approval happens before May.

2 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

You answered your own question. They might not have the money to improve the team so they might let it linger in mediocrity without any significant investments and keep cashing the NFL cash cow checks while the value of the team exponentially goes up.

There is a bigger return on his investment dollars in the Sixers given the revenue sharing models of the two leagues. It not asinine it’s business. They are supposedly genius businessmen. Why would they not make those business decisions?

You aren’t spending 6 billion dollars then. There’s valid concerns as to what money they will have after purchase.

You don’t spend 6 billion dollars, just so your investment will languish.

They see potential in this franchise.

Maybe Rales was brought on more for not purchasing the team but for financing the daily expenses after the purchase.

The nfl franchise can make more than anything Harris’s NHL and NBA team ever can. I can see him selling those franchises if need be.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

they might let it linger in mediocrity without any significant investments and keep cashing the NFL cash cow checks while the value of the team exponentially goes up.

If it's that simple what possible motivation would bezos have to do anything differently?

Edited by redskinss

Josh Harris' loyalty is to Philly?  He grew up in Bethesda and a Redskins fan.

Unlike Dan, with Harris we actually have a record of him running a sports team.   He's the one dude who isn't a wildcard here.   Ironically amiong the people that have sold how good Harris is includes Joe Banner (ex-GM of the Eagles) who knows him and thinks he'd do a great jon here and conversely thought Dan was a total crap show -- and he knew Dan, too.

Bezos is the wildcard.  I am cool with Bezos because of his wealth but he's the dude, not Harris with reportedly some Dan like personality traits -- like the over the top temper, arrogance, condescending manner, not being mr sunshine with employees. 

Granted Bezos, unlike Dan, has I gather earned the right to be condesending and a douche to his employees.  He's earned his air of superiority which he's known to showcase around people.  

As for Bezos spending the world on the team, its possible, even likely but its not slam dunk, as i posted here some call him cheapish and he supposedly takes pride for being "frugal".  I posted a zillion articles which indicated that point, some hated me for doing it. 

But look, if we want to be real about what's next versus deluding ourselves that the next owner has no flaws -- Bezos to me is that dude with the red flags on that front that we should at least be aware of.   Maybe it all adds to naught.  Will see. 

Again, I am cool with Bezos but the dude doesn't have a pristine reputation as far as I am concerned.  I'd be jazzed about Harris or Bezos but to me if there are concerns Bezos would be the one with the more obvious ones.  

https://moco360.media/2015/07/06/bethesda-interview-josh-harris-mark-ein/

Were you both big fans of D.C.’s teams growing up?

Harris: I went to the opening of the Capital Centre in 1973. My dad and I walked through a ravine because the parking lot wasn’t quite finished, and my dad fell and hurt his rib. We were original season-ticket holders. It was great for me that we had our own team. And growing up in Washington, you were a Redskins fan.

Advertisement

Ein: Like Josh, I grew up rooting for the Redskins and the Bullets, but I was also a ball kid at the Evening Star summer tennis tournament.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

You aren’t spending 6 billion dollars then. There’s valid concerns as to what money they will have after purchase.

You don’t spend 6 billion dollars, just so your investment will languish.

They see potential in this franchise.

Maybe Rales was brought on more for not purchasing the team but for financing the daily expenses after the purchase.

The nfl franchise can make more than anything Harris’s NHL and NBA team ever can. I can see him selling those franchises if need be.

There is a lot of uncertainties and moving parts in your answer here. Reading the thread the assumption is that Harris is an infallible saint who will restore us to glory with his infinite experience and expertise. Maybe we learn the lessons from the Snyder era and not put our hopes in an over leveraged billionaire with cash flow issues?

1 minute ago, redskinss said:

If it's that simple what possible motivation would bezos have to anything differently?

Bezos is not cash poor for one. His profile is much higher visibility so he has a personal brand incentive to invest into the team. He also has an incentive to curry favor with politicians in Washington to assist in his ventures. Just this week AWS was asking for funding for their launch of a low earth orbit broadband service that will compete with Starlink. Having a state of the art stadium to host decision makers in Washington is a huge incentive. 

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Unlike Dan, with Harris we actually have a record of him running a sports team.   He's the one dude who isn't a wildcard here.   Ironically amiong the people that have sold how good Harris is includes Joe Banner (ex-GM of the Eagles) who knows him and thinks he'd do a great jon here and conversely thought Dan was a total crap show -- and he knew Dan, too.

Bezos is the wildcard.  I am cool with Bezos because of his wealth but he's the dude, not Harris with reportedly some Dan like personality traits -- like the over the top temper, arrogance, condescending manner, not being mr sunshine with employees. 

Granted Bezos, unlike Dan, has I gather earned the right to be condesending and a douche to his employees.  He's earned his air of superiority which he's known to showcase around people.  

As for Bezos spending the world on the team, its possible, even likely but its not slam dunk, as i posted here some call him cheapish and he supposedlly takes pride for being "frugal"

Harris: I went to the opening of the Capital Centre in 1973. My dad and I walked through a ravine because the parking lot wasn’t quite finished, and my dad fell and hurt his rib. We were original season-ticket holders. It was great for me that we had our own team. And growing up in Washington, you were a Redskins fan.

Advertisement

Ein: Like Josh, I grew up rooting for the Redskins and the Bullets, but I was also a ball kid at the Evening Star summer tennis tournament.

He has a business loyalty not a personal one. Keeping Philly fans happy is good business for him.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

He has a business loyalty not a personal one. Keeping Philly fans happy is good business for him.

As you know he owns the Devils, too.   He's managed.   Keeping Commander fans happy would have to be hot on his to do list.  It's a big investment, much bigger than what he paid for the 76ers.

Considering he's from the area and grew up a fan, I am not even a little worried about cross loyalties. 

Rale's money is in the mix, too.  He doesn't call the shots but I presume he will have some influence.  Also a local who grew up a Redskins fan. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

What is the rational basis to have cash flow concerns for an ownership group that has 13 to 20 billion worth (depending on whether the other Rales brother joins the group)?  Add this to the fact that DC, in it's current state, has 130 mil in operating profit and over 500 mil in revenue (of which the shared revenue makes up only about 60%).  Operation of an NFL franchise is not a cash strapped proposition unless you suck at everything else you do and need to siphon (or guzzle) megabucks from the franchise to yourself.

Stadiums are financed, not paid out of pocket.  And Harris and Rales not being idiots when opportunities are staring them in the face, have no reason not to pursue a stadium that would not only make money on the stadium aspect, but also through associated commercial projects.  And that would be even without a dime of public money (which most likely will be available once Snyder is out of the picture).

Sixers, while being one of the most valuable franchises in the NBA, made operating income of 87 million.  DC, while being a turd of a franchise, made operating income of 130.  And before you point to revenue sharing, only about 300 mil of DC's 500+ mil of revenue is from revenue sharing.  You pointed to NBA regional tv deals as why tanking DC to appease Sixers fan made sense (I feel stupid for just typing this dribble).  The biggest local tv deal is the Lakers at about 120 mil per year.  So even if Sixers were getting diddly squat now, the ceiling is about 120 mil additional local revenue.  Realistically, their revenue stream is already among the highest outside of major LA/NY type markets, with GSW being the outlier.  There's limited room to grow.

Let's compare that with the growth potential of DC.  Cowboys make over a billion in revenue per year (and they don't even own their stadium).  While Cowboys is an outlier, let's not forget that DC used to be an outlier too.  If this turd of a franchise can make 500+ mil now, imagine what little success can do.  It is absolutely untrue that Sixers represents a better investment return potential than DC.

7 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Reading the thread the assumption is that Harris is an infallible saint who will restore us to glory with his infinite experience and expertise. Maybe we learn the lessons from the Snyder era and not put our hopes in an over leveraged billionaire with cash flow issues?

No one is infallible.  Not Harris, not Rales, not Bezos.  The only thing rational fans agree on is that regardless of who the new owner is, the chances of the new guy being worse than the old guy is insanely low because of how terrible Snyder is.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

You honestly believe someone would spend 6 billion dollars on a football team in order to keep the fans of his basketball team happy?

It's such an absurd theory.

How do you explain the devils being so much better than the flyers right now?

I can't believe I got sucked in to this ridiculous debate.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, spjunkies said:

The reverse scenario is still very much in play, mate.

I dunno, I see much less idiocy coming from people who prefer Harris...like the idea that he would tank the Commanders to appease the Philly crowds. We'll see. I am sure there will be plenty for dumbassery to go around.

• Like 1

Harris has money tied in North Jersey (the Devils), too. I guess he’d be simping for both the Iggles and Gints by purchasing the Commanderskins? Philly/South Jersey and NY/North Jersey are completely different markets.

I’d have zero concerns with any of Harris’ allegiances purchasing the Commanderskins.

Edited by ntotoro
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, redskinss said:

You honestly believe someone would spend 6 billion dollars on a football team in order to keep the fans of his basketball team happy?

It's such an absurd theory.

How do you explain the devils being so much better than the flyers right now?

I can't believe I got sucked in to this ridiculous debate.

It might not be his intention but once the financials are laid out and he has competing priorities he will have to make business decisions given his liquidity issues.

If he doesn’t get public funding which is very unlikely in the DMV he will have to finance the stadium and that financing will over leverage him and require waivers from the NFL. Snyder fell into the same cycle eventually.

Harris on the other hand has conflicting priorities with his NBA and NHL teams. there might be an initial honeymoon period but long term dude might end up worse than Dan because of the financials. There is a valid reason the NFL would have prevented this type of sale in the past. 

A Stan Kroenke who owns multiple teams is a completely different story. That dude has legitimate resources both personally and through his wife.

Harris comes with too much risk because he is not rich enough to play at this level. It’s as simple as that.

Edited by SoCalSkins
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

As for Bezos spending the world on the team, its possible, even likely but its not slam dunk, as i posted here some call him cheapish and he supposedly takes pride for being "frugal".  I posted a zillion articles which indicated that point, some hated me for doing it. 

But look, if we want to be real about what's next versus deluding ourselves that the next owner has no flaws -- Bezos to me is that dude with the red flags on that front that we should at least be aware of.   Maybe it all adds to naught.  Will see. 

Again, I am cool with Bezos but the dude doesn't have a pristine reputation as far as I am concerned.  I'd be jazzed about Harris or Bezos but to me if there are concerns Bezos would be the one with the more obvious ones.  

Advertisement

I went to the Cap Centre opening also. I don’t remember a ravine, but the parking lots were not done, and we had to climb over a huge dirt and gravel hill. I was 13.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

Other than So Cal's absurd trolling/take, is there ACTUALLY anyone going to upset if it's the Harris group?!? 

Surely not, right?  RIGHT?!? 

I wouldn't be upset, but I'm far from loving the prospects of him winning the ownership. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

My only concern with Harris is that the NJ Devils have been a pretty abysmal hockey team under his ownership. That’s not enough for me to think Snyder is any better or that Bezos is even necessarily better. I certainly think, I’d be buys the team, that we will be in a much better position than we were since JKC owned the team. I’ll be happy.