Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

I am leaning the Harris way too in terms of who I prefer. There is going to be a much shorter learning curve for him to get winning systems in place given his track record in the NBA and NHL. He is also currently a Steelers minority owner so he has seen how good organizations in the NFL are run.

I worry Bezos will take years to figure it out as Khan, the Haslams, Tepper and Walton have all struggled thus far

• Like 6

Listened to Sheehan's latest podcast.  a good one.

Andy Pollin who was the Rales' first hire when they bought the radio station, talked about the Rales brothers.

A.  Stephen is the more sociable of the brothers.  There are 4 brothers but Mitchell and Stephen were the ones who bought the radio stations and set up Danaher.  Sheehan suggested hearing that Stephen was the bigger sports fan.

B. Really competent, want the best of everything, found the best director to run the station and wouldn't stop to make it a success including wrestiling the rights of broadbasting the Redskins game away from the long-time station who carried them at the time.  He and Sheehan then joked about that point juxtaposed to Dan Snyder where they implied he didn't bring good talent to run the station.

C.  Mitchell is a super nice guy and generous.  For example prelasek surgery days there was another procedure where you had to fly to certain hospitals to have it done and it wasn't cheap.  Mitchell had his done in Toronto and volunteered to pay for Andy's surgery if he wanted to do it.

D.  Unassuming personalities, you wouldn't know they are billionaries by how they behave.  On that front, it also sounds 100% different from Dan who some say seems to be a caricature of a snooty rich dude, talks down to people, etc.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, method man said:

I am leaning the Harris way too in terms of who I prefer. There is going to be a much shorter learning curve for him to get winning systems in place given his track record in the NBA and NHL. He is also currently a Steelers minority owner so he has seen how good organizations in the NFL are run.

I worry Bezos will take years to figure it out as Khan, the Haslams, Tepper and Walton have all struggled thus far

I almost see it as Bezos is low floor high ceiling vs more steady Harris. As I said before, we could use some more boring around here, and with Bezos’ being the richest and most famous businessman in the country (with literal songs written about him), it will certainly attract tons of media attention in everything he does with the team. 

The Tepper and Khan comparison is also apt.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, seantaylor=god said:

I almost see it as Bezos is low floor high ceiling vs more steady Harris. As I said before, we could use some more boring around here, and with Bezos’ being the richest and most famous businessman in the country (with literal songs written about him), it will certainly attract tons of media attention in everything he does with the team. 

The Tepper and Khan comparison is also apt.

Yeah ... I'm not sure I want that. Give me boring, competent, and let the focus return to the product.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, bird_1972 said:

Yeah ... I'm not sure I want that. Give me boring, competent, and let the focus return to the product.

I was a Bezos guy because I had grandiose ideas of circumventing the cap in clever ways, rocket trips for families and fan appreciation stuff, absurd new stadium, and best facilities in the league. But I really don’t want the downside of everything about the team revolving around him, like it did with Snyder, and the abject hate it engenders from people. I’d love our owner to be boring, only seen occasionally, who lets the GM handle everything and build a first class organization. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, seantaylor=god said:

I was a Bezos guy because I had grandiose ideas of circumventing the cap in clever ways, rocket trips for families and fan appreciation stuff, absurd new stadium, and best facilities in the league. But I really don’t want the downside of everything about the team revolving around him, like it did with Snyder, and the abject hate it engenders from people. I’d love our owner to be boring, only seen occasionally, who lets the GM handle everything and build a first class organization. 

No shame in that.

I also was in favor of Bezos early on because of the heightened standing we'd have in the league (who wants to **** with the top 5 richest guy in the world, after all?) and his ability to pull political strings to get us the RFK site. But I've come around to the "boring" and I'm cool with it.

1 hour ago, Andre The Giant said:

Y’all are probably right that this is some Farquaad wannabe art of the deal foolishness. However, if it is true, the other owners aren’t taking into account the media circus and scrutiny that could ensue after one of them gets indicted for fraud and a host of other things. 

1 hour ago, DiscoBob said:

Seems like a Snyder type leak... that being said, it seems pretty stupid to taunt the other owners, "y'all can't kick me out!"

If I was on the fence, that would make me want to boot him.

All that said, cant rely on Dan-poleon to use his brain 

If the bidders think Dan can decline to sell and keep the team, they will be willing to bid higher. If they think he has to sell, the desperation gets priced in. 

Anything from the Dan camp is designed to raise the price in my opinion. Nothing else. 

If he was looking to keep the team, this would actually be bad for him. If there is evidence the owners are not willing to kick him out now but decide to do so after the Mary Jo White report comes out, then that adds legitimacy to the investigation and process. 

1 hour ago, DiscoBob said:

Seems like a Snyder type leak... that being said, it seems pretty stupid to taunt the other owners, "y'all can't kick me out!"

It could be but if there's one thing I know about that asshole mike florio it's that he's not going to do anything that helps Snyder intentionally. 

He hates Dan almost as much as we do, from time to time I look at florio and it reminds me of that saying, the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

• Like 1

No owner is doing squat when all signs point to Dan going away. Nobody is going to put a chip in ownership armor when they don't have to.

That NYPost article, like a lot of the other ones about inside info regarding the sale, is a total non-story. Forget counting votes, the NFL wont have a single guy willing to vote against Snyder as long as this process is carrying itself out.

After he refuses to sell sure, but not before.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I’m sure Jim Irsay would oblige with the above :rofl89:

I was thinking the same but the article lays it out pretty well. If an owner brings a charge, the rules are more vague about Snyder’s ability to appeal and seek relief in court. If the commissioner brings the charges, the bylaws are more clearly defined and less likely to be overturned by a court.

6 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

I was thinking the same but the article lays it out pretty well. If an owner brings a charge, the rules are more vague about Snyder’s ability to appeal and seek relief in court. If the commissioner brings the charges, the bylaws are more clearly defined and less likely to be overturned by a court.

Won’t come to this. I’m felling fairly confident a deal isn’t too far off being agreed. Maybe misplaced confidence, but I reckon he’s getting 6B+ and it’s close.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

No owner is doing squat when all signs point to Dan going away. Nobody is going to put a chip in ownership armor when they don't have to.

That NYPost article, like a lot of the other ones about inside info regarding the sale, is a total non-story. Forget counting votes, the NFL wont have a single guy willing to vote against Snyder as long as this process is carrying itself out.

After he refuses to sell sure, but not before.

Yeah, I'm not even sure what we are supposed to take form that "report." 

Does that mean they don't have 24 votes to oust him now? Does it mean they won't vote him out while the sale process is moving forward? Does it mean they won't vote him out if he back out of the sale and comes up with a stadium plan? Does it mean they are waiting not he White investigation to decide?  Does it mean they won't vote him out ever, under any circumstance?

As written it is completely meaningless, even if we can assume it is accurate for whatever it means. 

41 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Won’t come to this. I’m felling fairly confident a deal isn’t too far off being agreed. Maybe misplaced confidence, but I reckon he’s getting 6B+ and it’s close.

I completely agree. The Sports law guy tweeted the explanation and his previous article so I posted it. He’s going to sell to the highest bidder in my opinion. 

If Dan ****s around with Harris and they walk away, one owner will kick the chair out and Dan will drop through the Bezos noose.

Dan is definitely out and if he plays games, he'll still get paid, but Bezos can just swoop in and grab it.

Harris- Rales is like a cosmic apology for Dan being owner for so long.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

Sheesh....this is like being a kid and waiting for Christmas to get here.

At least we knew for sure Christmas was coming, this process we are 50/50 and not Rod Gardner 50/50 like…. I still think many of us feel as if the carpet is going to be pulled out from under us and Snyder still remains 

Edited by Command The 414
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3