Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Looks like he turned the jets into a cash cow at the expense of the team.

A.  4 million a year to brandish the logo on the plane.

B.  Leasing the plane back to the team and profitting from that.

C.  Writing off travel expenses at his jet set locations

In short, it looks like not only are the jets on the team's dime -- he's actually making money off of them.   So the jets are like an investment for him at the team's expense.  He's living large and actually profitting from living large.

Whole new meaning to the term Jetskins.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, HigSkin said:

Micheal McCann a sports lawyer expert for Sportico is on The Junkies and said a new owner would be responsible for team financial inpriporities and sexual harassment settlements would transfer to the new owner.

I didn't realize that.

If accurate, there goes any potential sale.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Micheal McCann a sports lawyer expert for Sportico is on The Junkies and said a new owner would be responsible for ongoing team financial inpriporities and sexual harassment settlements would transfer to the new owner.

He added a new owner would have to set aside money for the legal fees and any potential monetary settlement.

I didn't realize that.

Yeah I think the accountability would pass to a new owner to settle those liabilities in a financial sense, they would be quantified/estimated at the point of sale I would say. I don’t think a new owner is on the hook for legal punishment directly. Just accountability to unwind any sanctions applied.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Micheal McCann a sports lawyer expert for Sportico is on The Junkies and said a new owner would be responsible for ongoing team financial inpriporities and sexual harassment settlements would transfer to the new owner.

He added a new owner would have to set aside money for the legal fees and any potential monetary settlement.

I didn't realize that.

This is why the league is saying Snyder needs to set aside the money to pay the fines. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Est.1974 said:

Yeah I think the accountability would pass to a new owner to settle those liabilities in a financial sense, they would be quantified/estimated at the point of sale I would say. I don’t think a new owner is on the hook for legal punishment directly. Just accountability to unwind any sanctions applied.

Yep, he said it's a simple 'I wasn't  the owner at that time' claim to any legal punishment

• Thanks 1

Listening to Keim's podcast and Sheehan on 980 both had the ESPN writer.

Keim

A.  Buckle up for a lot of stories likely coming in the next few weeks about ownership, don't let it drive you crazy, take them with a grain of salt

B.  He mentioned among those stories Dan leaking that he's not selling.  But implied don't be deterred by it.

C.  Believes Dan is selling, he has no choice because of finances

D.  Believes that Dan genuinely doesn't want to sell to Bezos

E.  Bezos might end up the buyer anyway because that might be the way to get this done -- I take that as Bezos might be the only one to meet his price  

On Sheehan (ESPN writer)

A.  Dan likely has no choice but to sell, 1 billion in debt, interest payments alone are big

B.  He thinks Dan sells, versus him being voted out.  But he does think he's out.

C.  He knows fellow owners are pissed about that ESPN story among other things, they likely bring it up in the March meetings

D.  He said his takeaway from going through the documents is the team's finances were a mess which shocked him considering the NFL basically prints money

E.  I said this yesterday from another interview that the bank fraud issue isn't concrete.  We don't know if Bank of America just waived on their own the board of directors from requirement versus Dan forging it.

F.  Dan rebuffed Arthur Smith selling his share to someone else in 2018 because the minority owners felt in retrospect Dan didn't want to open his books which he has to do relating to any sale and that would reveal what he was doing and how it was a mess

G.  Sheehan concluded (he has said the same thing many times) Dan has to sell because of money issues.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Listening to Keim's podcast and Sheehan on 980 both had the ESPN writer.

Keim

A.  Buckle up for a lot of stories likely coming in the next few weeks about ownership, don't let it drive you crazy, take them with a grain of salt

B.  He mentioned among those stories Dan leaking that hes not selling.  But implied don't be deterred by it.

C. Believes Dan's selling, he has no choice because of finances

D.  Believes that Dan genuinely doesn't want to sell to Bezos

E.  Bezos might end up the buyer anyway because that might be the way to get this done -- I take that as Bezos might be the only one to meet his price  

On Sheehan

A.  Dan likely has no choice but to sell, 1 billion in debt, interest payments alone are beg

B.  He thinks Dan sells, versus him being voted out.  But he does think he's out.

C.  He knows fellow owners are pissed about that ESPN story among other things, they likely bring it up in the March meetings

D.  He said his takeaway from going through the documents is the team's finances were a mess which shocked him considering the NFL basically prints money

E.  I said this yesterday from another interview that the bank fraud issue isn't concrete.  We don't know if Bank of America just waived on their own the board of directors form requirement versus Dan forging it.

F.  Dan rebuffed Arthur Smith selling his share to someone else in 2018 because the minority owners felt in retrospect Dan didn't want to open his books which he has to do relating to any sale

You would ordinarily think that "opening the books" would mean volumes of binders worth of material. However in this case I get the feeling Dans "books" are on the back of a ****tail napkin.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

I didn't realize that.

If this is the case, then why the story of Dan asking for indemnity ?

Just throwing this out there with no facts but what it feels like to me. 

(Example) If we use the 30mil cap savings and anymore cuts as a Cash ceiling to work with?  The Cap ceiling is low this year compared to next couple years is what some our saying. So can you extend FA's contracts instead of resigning?  FA's play out this year with a bonus and bonus money next year spread out over the life of contract.  Subtract this year's Bonus money from the player cuts or cash ceiling. Try and sign as many of the team free agents as you can this way?  What's left that would be F.Agency if any.  If you do sign the team FA's that you want it may be wise to trade down from 16 and try to fill spots with lower cost rookie contracts to help future Caps.  The Cash ceiling is the key to all Moves. The Cap ceiling can be worked. There could be a few Free agency signs?  Not sure how it works but this is what I think I would do with this.

7 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

Yeah cash spend on players in line with the CBA parameters. I don’t disagree with the  notion he’s not awash with cash these days. My point has always been that the CBA will means a certain level of player investment is mandatory, so for me his cash issues, whilst potentially restrictive, don’t take us totally out of the FA game.

Oh, sure. But that's a very small piece of the pie in running a multi-billion dollar organization. We've seen the examples through the years indicating that he's grown less and less confident in his ability to spend money. From paying for any FA name who hit the streets early on to selling stale/repurposed peanuts and expired beer at the stadium to making very little investment in his team's training facilities to letting his stadium crumble around his team...

He operates the overall organization like someone without a lot of overhead money to spend. 

• Like 1

Combining different narratives and looking for common threads this is my best guess.

A.  Dan sells.  

B.  Dan is posturing that he won't sell.  Most owners don't believe that posturing but are annoyed by it especially in combination with him not allowing Bezos to bid.

C.  The other owners might think if anyone can screw up the sale its Dan.  So lets put the heat on him.

D.  Dan is genuinely stubborn about his asking price.  Prospective owners are saying its inflated.    Owners think one dude can solve this and that is Bezos but true to form Dan is making it impossible to work things out neatly and smoothly and puts petty emotion above success.

So my guess is Dan either goes screw my asking price its much more important to him that Bezos doesn't get it than getting his ideal price or the owners have to broker a deal behind the scenes between Dan and Bezos -- and they go to Dan dude, we got the price for you, if you don't take it, we will vote you out.

And we are about to see some sort of dance around these themes play out in the next 4 weeks.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lavar1156 said:

Ashburn blows. Take up MD's offer and build new headquarters in Landover.

Right, but that'll need to be aligned with a stadium. I assume the new owner can come in and get something done very quickly. Groundwork has been done for the stadium, but even if you announce a new stadium in October, you aren't going to be able to build an adjoining training facility overnight. Probably gonna take at least through 2024 and not open until 2025.

We've lived with Ashburn this long so maybe they just suck it up and anticipate the new facility. But maybe the timeline is more in line with 2026-2027 to open with the new stadium, in which case you're going to have to do something in Ashburn. Maybe some new carpet and paint will patch things up a bit. Maybe new office furntiure that can transfer to the new facility. New fields, a few million? Do you want to invest that if it's getting torn up in 3 years? Idk. That's why I ask haha

Legitimate question here ... and honestly probably speaks to why Snyder isn't getting bids ....

1. Facilities - they are in the tank, and new ones are a requirement

2. Stadium - it is in the tank, and a new one is a requirement

3. Fanbase - shattered, lowest revenue in the NFL

4. Name brand - new name brand, no longer allure of Redskins

5. Legal/civil liabilities - Snyder is going to have to set $$ in escrow from the sale. So this goes toward the money Dan gets to take home versus the sale price being discounted. I think this has been discussed openly. 

So what exactly, other than buying a commodity like an NFL team in the nation's capital, is the reason for such high asking price? If the Broncos sold for $4.5 billion, have a stadium and facilities already ... 

I know it's DC versus Denver. I get that. DC has access you simply can't get anywhere other than NYC and LA. But whoever buys the team is going to have to invest at least $2 billion to get to "state of the art" on top of the $5b to $7b price tag. 

I think it's fairly obvious why the offers are capped and why Dan is struggling to get offers. The books look terrible, the infrastructure has rotted out, a new owner needs to invest billions on TOP of the sale price just to get back to "normal"

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

If this is the case, then why the story of Dan asking for indemnity ?

The people who have been wronged by the WFT can sue the team and the team remains on the hook regardless of change in ownership.

The new owner however can turn around and sue Snyder for failing to disclose any information regarding those liabilities (depending on the terms of the contract.  It would typically be, I disclosed everything you asked for (including known potential liabilities), rest is buyer beware.  Fight would be over scope of duty to disclose)

It would typically be resolved by either by buyer assuming the risk (and factoring that into the offer) or parties agree to set aside a certain portion of the sales proceed for potential liability coverage.

If NFL provides the indemnity, it wouldn't be an issue for the buyer, thus raising the sales price.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

The other NFL owners must be livid right now.

IF ONLY they hadn't swept the Wilkinson report under the rug, none of this would have happened. Some of these owners must be thinking this right now and questioning whether Goodell is Golden or a Goofball.

They should have learned fro Watergate that the coverup is always worse than the crime.

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 3

Just now, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

IF ONLY they hadn't swept the Wilkinson report under the rug, none of this would have happened. Some of these owners must be thinking this right now and questioning whether Goodell is Golden or a Goofball.

I have no sympathy for the owners or the NFL (Goodell). We ALL knew who Dan was back in 2005. The league certainly knew who he was WAY before they buried everything and gave him 100% ownership of the team. 

Maybe Goodell played chess, gave him full ownership to make it easier to force him out later with debt issues and stadium financing. But seems like there was plenty a case to be made at that point that he was cooking the books and needed to be ousted. 

Again, no sympathy for anyone other than the fans here. Goodell should honestly lose his job for enabling Dan as long as he did. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Est.1974 said:

Whole new meaning to the term Jetskins.

One of the few things I ever gave Snyder credit for was flying the players down to Florida when Sean Taylor was murdered. Now I’m wondering how many millions he charged to the team for the flight.

Edited by woodpecker
  • Like 4