Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Diane Russini on 980 just now on this.

A.  Things are very close vested on the ownership sale

B. She's heard awhile ago that there is a discrepancy with what Dan wants and what prospective owners are willing to pay for it.

C.  She referenced the Sean Payton story which she alluded to weeks ago in a tweet.  We talked about it here.   And she thought it was very telling that the prospective owners were having that deep a conversation with Payton.  She knows who that prospective owner is but isn't willing to say yet.

D.  She guessed Josh Harris would win the bid.

E.  She didn't think March would be when it happens.  Thinks its summer.  And she stressed that's a guess not a report.

Heard the interview with her and didn’t sound like a reporter. She sounded like some random caller making speculations.

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

Wright better hope the sale happens now :ols:

Yep.  It was posted here yesterday and 106,7 ran 2 segments on it.  Pretty wild...

Feels like either Wright knows the sale is 100% imminent or he's George Costanza daring Dan to fire him.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

GoFundMe my smelly buttcheeks. I would be GOT damned if I help pay for a ****ing Billionaire buying a football team unless I am getting some kind of kick back for it. I would hope that we would be smart enough as a group not to fall for a scheme like that. What's the best way to get an even worse Snyder? Pay for it yourself lol. To hell with that idea. 

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

So the guy who is clearly getting his leaks from the bank/Snyder side after a long period of absolute water-tight silence, continues to insist he won’t sell if he doesn’t get a certain amount? lol feels pretty transparent to me. All part of the game they’re playing but he’s selling regardless imo. Now that Bezos has officially entered the water we’re getting into the final stages. 

As for the people who want Wright gone immediately—good luck with that. He’s an NFL guy who has had who knows what role in actually getting Snyder to sell with a little dignity. He may be exactly the sort of transitional exec that a new billionaire falls in love with given his NFL connections. Having to take the fall for all of Snyder’s dumb ideas put some bruises on him, but much more in the fans’ eyes than anyone else’s (with the league or in the media) I’d bet. He’s exactly the sort of corporate ****roach who could stick around under a new owner. He’s already smartly distancing himself and the “organization” from ownership even though he’s been running around behind the Snyders with a pooper scooper since day one. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

Bezos will plough so much cash into this organisation it will be off the charts in my opinion. It’s a complete no brainer to want the worlds 3rd wealthiest person, or whatever he is, in charge. He’ll drag us forward 30 years overnight. 

Plus, whilst he’s a business man at heart he’s fairly open about the use of his fortune. He’s going to give most of that away in time to charity. He’s not precious about dying rich. As an aside to that he’ll have his outside interests, Space program and an an NFL franchise to keep keep him happy. What a great set up.

Make it happen Jeff.

Washington Whatevers will be the first NFL team in Space.  Flags up on Mars...  Flags up is better than left hand up anyway

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Conn said:

So the guy who is clearly getting his leaks from the bank/Snyder side after a long period of absolute water-tight silence, continues to insist he won’t sell if he doesn’t get a certain amount? lol feels pretty transparent to me. All part of the game they’re playing but he’s selling regardless imo. Now that Bezos has officially entered the water we’re getting into the final stages. 

As for the people who want Wright gone immediately—good luck with that. He’s an NFL guy who has had who knows what role in actually getting Snyder to sell with a little dignity. He may be exactly the sort of transitional exec that a new billionaire falls in love with given his NFL connections. Having to take the fall for all of Snyder’s dumb ideas put some bruises on him, but much more in the fans’ eyes than anyone else’s (with the league or in the media) I’d bet. He’s exactly the sort of corporate ****roach who could stick around under a new owner. He’s already smartly distancing himself and the “organization” from ownership even though he’s been running around behind the Snyders with a pooper scooper since day one. 

This makes sense. I’ve been pretty hard on Jason myself, and he certainly made some mistakes. But I’d say anybody deserves at least some benefit of the doubt for having had to work under Snyder. 

6 minutes ago, skinzplay said:

Russini has no inside info. The tactics she generally uses to garner information are null and void on this. Journalism ain't what it used to be.

Her tweet weeks back which suggested Payton considering another situation, forgot how she worded the tweet but it made some of us and the local media think she's referring to this team.  She referred back to that in her conversation with Sheehan.

I think all national reporters have sources.  But there are some who are killer good and are almost never wrong -- not too many of them though, I'd put Schefter and Breer in that category where they are borderline bullet proof.

58 minutes ago, lavar1156 said:

What do we think about the Michael Bloomberg nugget?

I like it. Bloomberg is a Tier 1 news outlet and I think the Post would be a better organization with higher standards under that umbrella it.

Regardless of a Commanders bid, Bezos might want to unload the Post bc he’s reportedly bored of it and the initiatives he wanted done aren’t coming to fruition. Bloomberg is a logical buyer and wants either the Post or WSJ in his portfolio. He’d bring more value to the Post than the WSJ, IMO.

• Thumb up 1

47 minutes ago, Conn said:

Yeah I know some hate Wright.  Not me.  I like dudes who comes off professional and likeable versus smug and a walking misstatement waiting to happen -- so for that reason alone he's a way better spokesperson for this team than Bruce Allen was.

But him saying the other day only upside for new ownership -- really doubles down on the thought from some NFL observers that he was pushed by the NFL to go to Washington as their insider.

Taking the fall for your boss publicly is part of your job especially when you work for a public figure. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 3

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Her tweet weeks back which suggested Payton considering another situation, forgot how she worded the tweet but it made some of us and the local media think she's referring to this team.  She referred back to that in her conversation with Sheehan.

I think all national reporters have sources.  But there are some who are killer good and are almost never wrong -- not too many of them though, I'd put Schefter and Breer in that category where they are borderline bullet proof.

Breer is an ethical guy. The other dude you mentioned is not. He pays people in your posse to get info about you and your intentions, offers concert, basketball and other tickets to sweeten the deal. He has ruined the hourly wage careers of medical staff by doing this to get info about player medical records. He should've been fired and blackballed sometime ago. I don't really dislike people; not in my nature. I hate actually hate him.

13 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I believe that was the thing about another team looking to get in on Peyton if they could "get their ducks in a row".

With Sean's comments later on I'd say she was spot on about that.

• Like 2