Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The only real issue I have with Dan having any stake in the team at all is if he does, Lisa Banks will keep trying to leverage Dan against the team.  

He needs gone and then Lisa needs to file a civil suit against him directly without the shield of the NFL to defend Dan. 

That and who wants to see Doofus Dan dancing around pumping his fists into the air in an owners booth at a future date when things actually are turned around:

6ba3bd85bfbdbc30bf9ee8777827ec73_crop_ex

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

That and who wants to see Doofus Dan dancing around pumping his fists into the air in an owners booth at a future date when things actually are turned around

This one gif has brought me more joy than anything else associated with Snyder in the last 10+ years.

• Haha 3

I wonder how many other former STHs were lost this year when Dan decided to sell but still hasn’t. I told my ticket rep I might re-up if he sells even though I moved out of the area last summer (and yes I am definitely all-in on the battered fan syndrome). We were supposed to say by Jan 20. Of course they are still asking but seats go up for relo on 2/25. I love the EB for OC news but if Snyder still owns the team I see a lot of fans dropping out. 

9 minutes ago, filmjoy said:

... but if Snyder still owns the team I see a lot of fans dropping out. 

Both of them?

Snyder has already chased them out. The few remaining have been holding on throughout all of the Snyder years, so I doubt this one would be much different

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

Really? Because yesterday it was reported another bidder was touring the facilities. They aren’t selling a used minivan. These things take time.

A used minivan is better than this team.

You have dilapidated stadium. You have some of the worst facilities in the NFL. You have a poor fanbase where the stadium regularly is filled with the opponents fans.

We aren’t an expansion team or even a fixer upper. We are a condemned property.

The new owner will have to spend a lot to fix things for the short term and then for the long term(new stadium).

So the bidders will have to decide if it’s worth it. Bezos if he’s really interested had to decide if Washington is worth it or if he’s better waiting for Seattle.

9 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

You have dilapidated stadium. You have some of the worst facilities in the NFL. You have a poor fanbase where the stadium regularly is filled with the opponents fans.

The new owner will have to spend a lot to fix things for the short term and then for the long term(new stadium).

So the bidders will have to decide if it’s worth it. Bezos if he’s really interested had to decide if Washington is worth it or if he’s better waiting for Seattle.

It is 100% worth it to be one of 32 owners of a popular sports league with revenue sharing and big tv deals. You’re not just buying a used minivan, you’re buying one that will make you money and appreciate in value. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

58 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

It's a condemned building on a very valuable lot. The Seahawks are like a nice house in a middling neighborhood. The next owner won't be getting much additional potential out of them. 

For someone like Bezos used to thinking big, building something amazing out of ruins might be more of an ego gratifier than simply buying and maintaining something that's already maxed-out. It's about the numbers, sure, but in a "prestige toy" business like the NFL it's also about a lot more.

A good business person will see the potential and run the numbers. That doesn't mean they'd pay the Snyders $7B (which represents a massive jump over the last few team sales), but it does mean they will look at the bigger picture.

Snyder has financial pressures and faces the possibility of being voted out. I question whether he has the leverage to name his price.

Edited by profusion
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

At least four bidders have already decided it’s worth it and put in second round bids. Not including Bezos as you say.

You are an absolute sucker if you’re falling for the recent Snyder/BOA-driven media narratives that he might not sell if the price isn’t high enough. He’s selling. They’re doing their jobs to get the price as high as possible first. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 6
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, DWinzit said:

Yeah, no one wants a used minivan!

Facts!  You don’t know how many kids got sick in the back, where they stuffed their refuse.  Having two boys myself, that is definitely something to be leery of.  Nothing worse than finding a lollipop half eaten and stuck to the carpet in the car on a hot summer day.

• Haha 2

just need this:

"According to JP Finlay of NBC Sports Washington, there is a firm belief that the team returning to the ground of old RFK Stadium is a “real possibility.”

Some ownership groups believe they create a practice facility at the Commanders’ current home stadium, FedEx Field, in Landover Maryland.

Then they’d build a new stadium where RFK once stood."

(saw another article saying that the new owner could sell off Ashburn ... valuable real estate) ...

.http://dcsportsking.com/2023/01/18/could-commanders-return-to-rfk-stadium-site-following-sale/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=could-commanders-return-to-rfk-stadium-site-following-sale

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

4 hours ago, CobraCommander said:

Really? Because yesterday it was reported another bidder was touring the facilities. They aren’t selling a used minivan. These things take time.

Hush with your sensibility and reason. I'm (a lot of us are) throwing an emotional and irrational fit because I'm still mad the rumors that the deal was done before the Super Bowl and they were merely holding back the news to not release it until after the game clearly were unfounded. 

1 hour ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

Hush with your sensibility and reason. I'm (a lot of us are) throwing an emotional and irrational fit because I'm still mad the rumors that the deal was done before the Super Bowl and they were merely holding back the news to not release it until after the game clearly were unfounded. 

Hey man, I hear you. I threw a fit yesterday when it was suggested Dan wants to hold onto a minority share.

• Thanks 1

Something seems off to me about Josh Harris. Nearly every report about bidders has mentioned him but everyone else is a "mystery " bidder. Did he leak his name or did Snyder? Is it too court other bidders or to intimidate them? Again, why is he the only one always listed?

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC