Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

13 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

When does he have to pay this loan by and what happens if he can't pay it back?  

Not sure the consequences but if I recall its 2028.

From what I understand its the convergence of this with being squeezed about having to pay for a stadium that puts Dan in a bad financial situation.  Again, not in layman's terms but billionaire terms.

Also NFL owners if I recall get a 300 million loan from the NFL when they are securing the stadium but from what I understand Dan might not got that help because he already got a waiver for the 450 million loan.

As some reporters have suggested, Dan getting 100% ownership was winning the battle but might result in him losing the war if his goal was to keep the team but from a financial side of things it is a homerun if he sells. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Not sure the consequences but if I recall its 2028.

From what I understand its the convergence of this with being squeezed about having to pay for a stadium that puts Dan in a bad financial situation.  Again, not in layman's terms but billionaire terms.

I wonder if it would be like defaulting on a mortgage.   I doubt it, but that would be something.

1 hour ago, NewCliche21 said:

Thank you so much SIP for the breakdown as usual.

I don't understand this one. Why would they vote him out? That's been the nuclear option the whole time. If he's gonna sell, then let him sell.  Why go nuclear just because you can?

As Breer among others have said they'd rather not vote him out.  Breer's take on this and he said on this point he's just guessing that they'd have voted him out already though if they had the votes.  He implied that there are enough owners who are passionate about doing it that they'd likely have counted the votes and if they had it they'd just go for it. 

Breer more or less said that its important to Dan to claim victory here so if he gets some crazy good deal, he could claim he won so to speak.  But if that offer doesn't materailize he wouldn't be suprised if Dan says hey I didn't get the offer I want so sorry.

Breer does still think he sells.   But in short, he is worried that Dan doesn't get that Godfather offer he wants because of the additional expense of paying for a stadium for the new owner.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

This is the primary reason for my anxiety over the situation. 

Oh hell no. I cut off all blood, sweat and tears for Dan Snyder three years ago. Apathy can be a beautiful thing. I still watch em of course, but this ownership is dead to me and will continue to be until a sale is made. If there is no sale, my life goes on with or without Dan Snyder and his minions in the front office 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 12/14/2022 at 7:39 PM, Skinsinparadise said:

Irsay believes that, at some point, the owners of the other 31 teams need to talk about the Snyder situation.

“That didn’t happen today,” he said. “I haven’t seen any concrete agenda where that’s at. It’s going to have to be somewhere where we gather the 31 of us and talk about it. I know I’m in favor of that. But it’s going to take everyone in the league to kind of push toward that. We’ll see where things move going into the New Year and stuff like that.”

Again, if the team is going to be sold, everything else becomes irrelevant. The real question is whether or not a sale will happen. If not, then the time will come at some point for the owners to have a conversation.

“I’d want to hear all my partners and I’d probably want to hear from Dan personally,” Irsay said. “It’s a big deal when that sort of thing happens. I don’t know if we’ve ever done it as a league. I would need to hear more in a forum that we could more thoroughly get into details. Because I think as an owner, you’re looking to get the exact details. I have not gotten those yet, so I could never say I’m ready to vote him out. I think what’s been heard’s been concerning. Hopefully there will be follow-up on more details so that we have more information.”

Irsay reiterated that he’s not ready to vote Snyder out, but that more information is needed. One major piece of it will come from the ongoing Mary Jo White investigation, which has been going on for 10 months. Another piece of it came from Congress last week, in the form of a report from the House Oversight Committee that chided Snyder for, among other things, being uncooperative in testimony by constantly seeking refuge in “I can’t recall” and similar responses.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/12/14/jim-irsays-opinion-on-daniel-snyder-hasnt-changed/

Isn’t he the one who said on national tv that Snyder should sell?  So much for it being an important decision that needs discussion.

2 hours ago, BigDibbs31 said:

The other owners are ****ing weak for not ending this **** themselves. There is more than enough ammo to get rid of this ****er. 

Maybe because they all have their own little dirt pile.....gotta protect the crew man. Even if that means taking a hit.

5 minutes ago, CommanderCarson said:

I think Snyder is holding out for a Hail Mary (team wins Super Bowl or something crazy).

Id bet anything else is a sale.

Exactly why I won't be upset if the giants win. I want the best for the players and coaching staff, but big picture tells me winning is not beneficial to us long term. Stinks but I can't help but feel that way. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, spjunkies said:

Exactly why I won't be upset if the giants win. I want the best for the players and coaching staff, but big picture tells me winning is not beneficial to us long term. Stinks but I can't help but feel that way. 

I'm with you, and I have long been in the "I'll believe it when I see it." But all evidence points to him being gone. There have been reports of him being cash poor, the huge debt to buy out his partners, that idiotic house, equally idiotic boat, the inability to get a stadium done, the litany of investigations, scandals, and overall ineptitude. I don't see how this ends any other way.

Just now, Riggo#44 said:

I'm with you, and I have long been in the "I'll believe it when I see it." But all evidence points to him being gone. There have been reports of him being cash poor, the huge debt to buy out his partners, that idiotic house, equally idiotic boat, the inability to get a stadium done, the litany of investigations, scandals, and overall ineptitude. I don't see how this ends any other way.

Evidence has pointed to that being what should have happened for over a decade. Yet here we are.

I absolutely feel the Lucy/Charlie Brown thing here.

I've said it before: I will believe the sale is happening when it happens. I lean more towards it will than it won't. But until the paperwork is filed it's all a mirage orchestrated by Snyder to get short term reprieve, garner support and think people will flip on him because his team is finding some success.

Am I irrational RE: Snyder? You betcha. But my defense mechanism is operating at 105% with him. 

• Like 8

Dan doesn’t sell the team, he will gradually lose more fans. No good coach in their right mind would come here after the Rivera era ends. Since Dan can’t fund a stadium; he won’t be able to afford players. The best players will avoid us and our own players will leave.  We will eventually go back to permanent double digit losses.  The fanbase will dwindle to under 10,000.  Stadium would be 90% the other fans.

Whatever good feelings from this year will fade quickly.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, FLSkinz83 said:

I wonder if it would be like defaulting on a mortgage.   I doubt it, but that would be something.

That's the thing. The league granted him the debt waiver, but who actually handed Dan $400 million? You wouldn't do that without some pretty significant collateral, I'd think. I'll readily admit that I don't know how finance at that level works. Certainly any loan agreement has provisions on default. I'd also expect there to be milestone provisions--meaning the lender isn't just going to wait until the due date to ask Dan "hey, are you ready to hand me a check tomorrow?". If he's making regular payments on a massive loan like this, it will eat into the team's operating capital for years to come--and there's no offsetting increase in revenue springing from the loan. There's zero ROI for the team on a loan like this.

This is probably why the league insists on approving these things. They don't want a team dragged into a bankruptcy proceeding or being owned by a bank looking to get their money back by whatever means necessary.

Edited by profusion

49 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Evidence has pointed to that being what should have happened for over a decade. Yet here we are.

Yes, the general ineptitude has always been there; but all the other **** is really piling up--and the crown on the poop-iceberg is the inability to get a stadium. No one in their right mind is giving Snyder a stadium. Besides, they can't even get a memorial to Sean Taylor right--how are they going to get a stadium right? It'll be another cluster**** of a ****show.

Just now, Riggo#44 said:

Yes, the general ineptitude has always been there; but all the other **** is really piling up--and the crown on the poop-iceberg is the inability to get a stadium. No one in their right mind is giving Snyder a stadium. Besides, they can't even get a memorial to Sean Taylor right--how are they going to get a stadium right? It'll be another cluster**** of a ****show.

Snyder is a very, “I’m going to prove you wrong” guy. Even when we all know he can’t and won’t. He doesn’t use logic in any of his approaches. 

So… he’s still a threat to back off of this sale thing until he isn’t. 

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Snyder is a very, “I’m going to prove you wrong” guy. Even when we all know he can’t and won’t. He doesn’t use logic in any of his approaches. 

There's certainly a risk that he rides the ship all the way to the bottom rather than bailing out now. He seems dumb enough to do that. 

What seems true now, though, is that there *is* a bottom based on his finances, even if the league is willing to look the other way over his odious conduct.

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Would I Lie Lie GIF - Would I Lie Lie Liar - Discover ...

Best Spaceballs Gif GIFs | Gfycat

11 hours ago, PolarExpress said:

Isn’t he the one who said on national tv that Snyder should sell?  So much for it being an important decision that needs discussion.

11 hours ago, PolarExpress said:

He wants Snyder to sell because its the easiest solution for everyone. If it comes to forcing him out - that is what he was referring to being an imporant decision that requires a lot more discussion. I think thats what he was trying to express. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

A question for you all from over the pond, if you had to guess if they had a vote today on whether snyder is ousted as owner, would there be 24 owners saying out. If not which owners apart from Jerry Jones would vote to keep Snyder in?

If there is a vote today, I'd expect the owners to vote in bloc and I don't think they would give him the boot. Not b/c they don't want him gone, but b/c there is a pathway to removal that does not involve voting.

No owner wants to set the precedent of a nuclear option, even the owners that want him gone. I think as long as there is a pathway to getting him out w/o a vote, they won't set that precedent.

Now, if Snyder tries to fight his way thru this, and makes it crystal clear that the only way this ends is with a vote, then they will do it... but as long as he is talking to BoA and setting things up without it, it is in every other owners best interest to not weaken their own standing just to double tap the Zombie. (no pun intended)

If he tries to worm outta this, that is the time to bonk him on the head. If he seems willing to fade into the night on his own, no owner should be willingly blowing off their own fingers w/ explosives to make extra sure.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1