Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

16 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

Yeah..I didn't get the joke either. Can you explain the joke please?

Sure

"I’m not a young kid, but my son and I like the black jerseys."

Despite the preceding conversion, the additional information in bold is not necessary. We don't need to be informed that the poster themself is not a young kid if they follow that up by saying they actually have a kid. Naturally you assume the poster is of a certain age when they tell you they have a child. A post of "My son and I like the black jerseys" serves the same purpose without the additional information in regards to the posters age.

So the Joke is the picture of Kearny and his son, a kid-with-a-kid, to make fun of the idea that without the additional clarification of the poster not being a young kid themselves, we would all think he is some young kid who has a kid. So my comment before the picture was sarcastically stating that I was so happy for the additional information that prevented me from coming to such an outlandish conclusion as to @PolarExpress's situation.

Edited by FootballZombie
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Sure

"I’m not a young kid, but my son and I like the black jerseys."

Despite the preceding conversion, the additional information in bold is not necessary. We don't need to be informed that the poster themself is not a young kid if they follow that up by saying they actually have a kid. Naturally you assume the poster is of a certain age when they tell you they have a child. A post of "My son and I like the black jerseys" serves the same purpose without the additional information in regards to the posters age.

So the Joke is the picture of Kearny and his son, a kid-with-a-kid, to make fun of the idea that without the additional clarification of the poster not being a young kid themselves, we would all think he is some young kid who has a kid. So my comment before the picture was sarcastically stating that I was so happy for the additional information that prevented me from coming to such an outlandish conclusion as to his situation.

Whew......I get it. So pretty much just a joke on some dudes improper use of context. Seems like a lot of effort...funny though.🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Thumb up 1

On 11/20/2022 at 7:28 AM, Skinsinparadise said:

Got a son younger than yours but close to that range.  Ditto.  I had to explain to him that Dan sucks.

He loves the black jerseys.  I gather its cool to hate the black jerseys on the board but I don't -- i like them too.

If I had to pick two things lacking about getting the youth to dig this team -- granted small sample for me, my kids, relative kids, etc.

A.  Winning.

B. Lack of star power

RG3 was great for what it was in 2012.  But not having that national star that people talk about IMO has hurt.  Disney is a fun sort of sample in my view of the football world fandom because fans come from all over the country and I have gone regularly to Disney with my kids forever.  And people like to wear football jerseys in Disney for whatever reason.  

In 2012, a ton of RG3 jerseys.  But over the years you very rarely see any Washington jersey.  you'd see over the years Barkley, Beckham, Lamar, Josh Allen, Rodgers, etc

That was supposed to be Chase Young. 

6 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Maybe.  He could not get the edge when he was healthy, now who knows?

Absolute stud in college, very good rookie year, setback year last year.  Freakish talent -- freakish desire.  I'd put money on him thriving.  Maybe not this year but next. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

On 11/22/2022 at 7:31 AM, Skinsinparadise said:

Absolute stud in college, very good rookie year, setback year last year.  Freakish talent -- freakish desire.  I'd put money on him thriving.  Maybe not this year but next. 

Correction, he had half of a very good rookie year. His 2nd year before he was hurt he was simply not very good.  

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

On this day of thanks.... I'm over the top thankful that the reign of terror is nearly over. 

Don't let the door hit ya, Danny-O. 

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone except Dan and Tanya. 

Hail. 

Ironic that one of his most public gaffes was saying "Happy Thanksgiving everybody".  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Correction, he had half of a very good rookie year. His 2nd year before he was hurt he was simply not very good.  

He started off well rookie year but came on even stronger as the season progressed, not uncommon for a rookie, he won rookie of the year for a reason.

I am not down on Chase at all, not even a little.   But, will see how things progress.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He started off well rookie year but came on even stronger as the season progressed, not uncommon for a rookie, he won rookie of the year for a reason.

I am not down on Chase at all, not even a little.   But, will see how things progress.  

And that's fine.  I just see him as another Lavar, the performance just doesn't match the hype.  9 sacks in 24 games, and diisappearing in the playoff game,  was not what any of us was expecting. Now we aren't sure that he can even get back to that level.

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

Dallas is starting to actually look like a real contender this year and that makes me very worried because I don't believe in hate, but I truly HATE the cowboys!!! I swear to God,  if Dan doesn't sell this team and Dallas wins the superbowl I'm going to move to the North Pole and take a job making toys for Santa.  

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, DazedSkinsfan said:

Dallas is starting to actually look like a real contender this year and that makes me very worried because I don't believe in hate, but I truly HATE the cowboys!!! I swear to God,  if Dan doesn't sell this team and Dallas wins the superbowl I'm going to move to the North Pole and take a job making toys for Santa.  

Don't tell anyone but apparently Santa is using more Chinese labor since very few Elf kids want a job in the "trades."

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

And that's fine.  I just see him as another Lavar, the performance just doesn't match the hype.  9 sacks in 24 games, and diisappearing in the playoff game,  was not what any of us was expecting. Now we aren't sure that he can even get back to that level.

As someone in another thread mentioned the topic in the context of Jamin Davis, as Washington fans we tend to be pessimisstic in the context of a younger players earlier on, if there is some early concern, because we've been disappointed by our share of players so why not bet on the same dissappointment with Chase? That's the besy way to play the odds.  I get it.

But I don't share the pessmissm in this case even a little with the disclaimer not sure about this injury.  I don't think he will be another Lavarr.  But will see, no way to know yet obviously.

15 hours ago, DazedSkinsfan said:

Dallas will flame out of the playoffs, as usual.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, DazedSkinsfan said:

Don’t worry about Dallas, they’ll get beat by any elite team. They actually loss to a very average GB team, then they destroyed an overrated team and beat an undermanned Giants team. Whenever Dallas wins two in a row, people tend to overrate them. 

• Like 1

TH is a free agent and the deal may be held up in for legal reasons.  In 1999, Trent Green was out FA who we didn't get resigned because of legal reasons. While Trent Green had a better skill set and natural talent (though back in 1999, that it was much more was still up for debate), it was his moxie in the first game I saw him in (a pre-season game) that caught my eye.