Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

54 minutes ago, Darth Tater said:

Getting rid of Snyder is probably the best thing that could happen for the NFL and fans of any team in the NFL. About the only thing better for NFL, the NFLPA and fans might be to see the end of Godell.

Agree.  I'd be all over the DC lawsuit if it brought any restitution to the victims but from what I gathered it doesn't.  I do like that that the AG is shaming Dan and the NFL for the despicable cover up and they deserve to have the feet to the fire.

But I think the ultimate solution and the ultimate punishment for Dan is to lose his cherished team. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

Just got an alert from ESPN that the investigation into Snyder/Commanders by Congress will end in 2023.

Without making it political, because my question has zero to do with that, can someone tell me what this means for him selling?

That doesn’t ease the burden to sell, right? Just takes some heat off of him and the franchise from a federal law perspective?

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

That doesn’t ease the burden to sell, right? Just takes some heat off of him and the franchise from a federal law perspective?

Well exactly what’s causing the sale is speculation. 

im sure those investigations contribute. 

but there’s a hell of a lot else going on. There are 8 active investigations into the team, so after that there will still be 7. 

and financial issues/stadium deal is still a thing. 

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

At this point its not a matter of IF but WHEN.  Dan knows he has no options left and I still believe that the other ownership has told him so.  They have the votes and legitimate arguments to with all that has gone on to justify doing so.  He still has more than enough heat to sell... actually the heat might be so high at this point with the countless suits that it makes a sale more difficult/complex.  

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Just got an alert from ESPN that the investigation into Snyder/Commanders by Congress will end in 2023.

Without making it political, because my question has zero to do with that, can someone tell me what this means for him selling?

That's right. The only federal party that could put Snyder in jeopardy is the Justice Department. This committee investigation could only ever result in a referral to DOJ, which would then decide whether to act. It never got that far.

Indirectly, the investigation uncovered and publicized new facts and allegations, so it provides the basis for civil lawsuits by other parties (including state governments). This uncovered information also made Snyder toxic and unable to get stadium funding. All of this has effectively required him to sell, which is the best we could have hoped for.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, KDawg said:

He will wait as long as he can to sell. Hes got 1 of 32 and a highly valued one at that. Bidding only goes up, unless Bezos isnt worried about it and makes an offer nobody can match

Edited by dunfer

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

That would be correct. Feds investigation wasn't going to ever materially force a sale, as it was political gaslighting essentially. Snyder will have to sell because the momentum to do so has already past terminal velocity now. If he were to try and backtrack, it would only be a waste of money. WSH will have a new owner in 2024, while the Snyders will have 7 Billion dollars (about 600% ROI). Can't happen fast enough.

45 minutes ago, TheShredder said:

Bezos won't overpay for any investment. Whatever he does bid will be calculated.

Agreed, he isn't going to bid against himself if the news that other potential bidders are going to sit on the sidelines because they know he can't be outbid.

See my previous post. Told you guys not to sleep on that deposit issue. It is significant. Very significant.

And don't discount the overall virtue of the AG's initial suit. It makes it far more likely that VA and MD will now have to look into those issues, and far less likely that the MJW report excludes them. Almost all of the alleged victims spoke with the AG's office. Parallel content is now expected from MJW. It will be damning. Don't forget that the team can be dropped from the suit. There will be hell to pay for the little man, which is why he will probably push for an unrealistic sale price. My guess is Bezos sets an absolute ceiling. Will be interesting to see how the little man maneuvers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1