Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

1 hour ago, MrJL said:

why do you think they wouldn't vote him out?

I think its not that they wouldn't and more they would view the other option as the lesser of two evils.

in that scenario owners could

A: Vote Dan out (setting precedent for an owner to lose his team), then sale the team to their preferred buyer.

or

B: Take a less preferred buyer/amount of $ and not set precedent other remaining owners would live in fear of.

Judging by how owners have operated to this point, its not crazy to see them choosing option B in that scenario, In fact I'd say its likely.

The bigger concern would be about whether it gets to that Mexican standoff in the first place. There are a lot of factors at play.

26 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

I think its not that they wouldn't and more they would view the other option as the lesser of two evils.

in that scenario owners could

A: Vote Dan out (setting precedent for an owner to lose his team), then sale the team to their preferred buyer.

or

B: Take a less preferred buyer/amount of $ and not set precedent other remaining owners would live in fear of.

Judging by how owners have operated to this point, its not crazy to see them choosing option B in that scenario, In fact I'd say its likely.

The bigger concern would be about whether it gets to that Mexican standoff in the first place. There are a lot of factors at play.

other leagues have already set that precedent. 

It’s hard to imagine any new owner being worse than Dan.

The new owner will have a honeymoon period. Even if he’s an asshole and does some things early on like Dan did; as long as he puts up a consistent winner, he will be fine. If he doesn’t build a consistent winner, then he will lose more fans and team would likely relocate.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

The new owner will have a honeymoon period. Even if he’s an asshole and does some things early on like Dan did; as long as he puts up a consistent winner, he will be fine. If he doesn’t build a consistent winner, then he will lose more fans and team would likely relocate.

The new owner’s first order of business (besides the day to day stuff like staffing) is going to be getting going on a new stadium. They won’t be relocating under any circumstances, even if they’re bad they won’t be hated like Snyder’s team actively is. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, ntotoro said:

Exactly what I’m thinking. The other owners are giving him a chance here. If he doesn’t sell his entire share, they’ll vote him out. No one will want Dan alongside, even with him as a minority owner.

the whole all or part thing is a face saving measure.  He can just say he's received an incredible offer for all of the team

• Like 2

https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/14/business/jeff-bezos-charity

Bezos may be adding NFL owner to his resume. CNN recently reported that Bezos and Jay-Z are in talks on a potential joint bid on the Washington Commanders.

It is not clear if the two have yet spoken with Dan Snyder and his wife, Tanya, the current owners of the NFL team, about the possibility.

But during the interview on Saturday, Melas asked Bezos if the speculation was true.

“Yes, I’ve heard that buzz,” Bezos said with a smile.

Sánchez chimed in with a laugh, “I do like football. I’m just going to throw that out there for everyone.”

Bezos added, “I grew up in Houston, Texas, and I played football growing up as a kid … and it is my favorite sport … so we’ll just have to wait and see.”

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

I think its prudent to point out that the most damaging thing Snyder could do to the NFL is not stiffing them on their preferred choice of owner or rejecting maximum offer for the Commanders, but rather making the other owners vote him out of the club. He could refuse to sell at all until the other members make him do it.

If his main goal was to go scorched earth and make his departure hurt as much as possible, he'd make the other owners do the one thing they don't want to do. That fact that he is already setting things up w/ BoA speaks volumes to some level of both cooperation w/ the NFL and an attempt to save face. It may not be the entirety of his motivation, but there is some level of cooperation w/ the NFL's desires already at play that would not be here if he chose the full on child-like temper tantrum route.

In short, I think a lot of what we are seeing lends even more credence to the Bezos pathway.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

I think its prudent to point out that the most damaging thing Snyder could do to the NFL is not stiffing them on their preferred choice of owner or rejecting maximum offer for the Commanders, but rather making the other owners vote him out of the club. He could refuse to sell at all until the other members make him do it.

If his main goal was to go scorched earth and make his departure hurt as much as possible, he'd make the other owners do the one thing they don't want to do. That fact that he is already setting things up w/ BoA speaks volumes to some level of both cooperation w/ the NFL and an attempt to save face. It may not be the entirety of his motivation, but there is some level of cooperation w/ the NFL's desires already at play that would not be here if he chose the full on child-like temper tantrum route.

In short, I think a lot of what we are seeing lends even more credence to the Bezos pathway.

Once Tanya got booed loudly at the game and the other owners told her it’s time to sell it was game over. If she wasn’t involved, it would be far more scorched earth in my opinion. She probably convinced him let’s take the 7 or 8 billion and exit stage left. 

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

...If he doesn’t build a consistent winner, then he will lose more fans and team would likely relocate.

Um...you just imagined a worse owner right there in your tweet lol...

1 hour ago, haithman said:

Rocking a burgundy polo and interviewed at his home in DC. Done dealio boys and girls.

That's not a polo shirt lol...and it's the wrong burgundy!! (no it isn't but haven't heard that complaint in awhile so thought I'd bring it back out).

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated
  • Thumb down 1