Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

1 minute ago, HigSkin said:

Okay, so all they are looking for is accountability?  This is disappointing.

The AG made it clear no criminal activity could be prosecuted because the team only did business in Virginia and Maryland. This is a consumer protection case prosecuted by DC citizens who partook of team activities (games and etcetera). The team value was protected by keeping this stuff hidden. I think he gave the okey-dokey for Maryland & Virginia to prosecute criminally based in findings here.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

Civil lawsuit in DC on behalf of its citizens affected since the Commanderskins don’t conduct business in the District, thus no crimes can be prosecuted.

Did the AG just give a wink and a nod to Virginia and Maryland?

Definitely. And he said as much. I dont see how Md/VA wont be looking into criminal issues now. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Okay, I get Dan did bad things and all, but I think you're all going to feel bad once he's gone. Dan spent a billion dollars to make 5 billion dollars off of us while suing grandmothers. Dan lived the hard life of hiding on his yacht so we could enjoy having our money taken from us, and he even took $20 out of his wallet just to pay me to say this. History will look kindly on him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

From PFT:

This means that, unless the NFL can find a way to get the case dismissed before the discovery process begins, people like Snyder and Goodell will be grilled under oath, in sworn depositions.

“The depositions are likely to occur not on a yacht, but in a conference room in the District of Columbia,” Racine said. “Because no one is above the law.”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Definitely. And he said as much. I dont see how Md/VA wont be looking into criminal issues now. 

Sounded an awful lot to me that he was insinuating as much. I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t hearing things, thanks LOL! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

From PFT:

This means that, unless the NFL can find a way to get the case dismissed before the discovery process begins, people like Snyder and Goodell will be grilled under oath, in sworn depositions.

“The depositions are likely to occur not on a yacht, but in a conference room in the District of Columbia,” Racine said. “Because no one is above the law.”

not just that but emails and texts will need to be turned over for discovery 😂 

• Like 1

What is so refreshing to me is hearing someone with some authority actually articulate all the things we've been saying for years...Snyder is the one who led this toxic culture, who made these horrible decisions, and who should be held accountable. Not the people he employed. 

I don't really care what the outcome of the consumer protection lawsuit is, but I'm glad they took the time to find a way to put this on the record. He's a bad person and should have it documented and said publicly what we all know he's responsible for. And, they reviewed evidence that ties him to it. From ordering the nefarious video, to dismissing sexual harassment, to encouraging bullying, to firing women when it was convenient, etc. 

Even if it's just cementing his reputation, I'm glad someone had the backbone to go on the record and pin these accusations to Dan Snyder.  

• Like 8
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, GoCommiesGo said:

This has to hurt the value of the team. You’re buying an organization that is now under civil litigation by an AG. 

This is bonkers. 

I don't know anything about US civil law for obvious reasons, does this actually STOP the sale? It sounds really worrying from that perspective.

3 minutes ago, GoCommiesGo said:

This has to hurt the value of the team. You’re buying an organization that is now under civil litigation by an AG. 

This is bonkers. 

You’re buying a last place team that is constantly in the news and not just in the sports section! That proves interest! People can’t stop talking about them. Add a billion to the value! 😂 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, UK Skins said:

I don't know anything about US civil law for obvious reasons, does this actually STOP the sale? It sounds really worrying from that perspective.

I’m not a lawyer, but I believe you can buy the assets as is or with some type of control in place to reduce your exposure.

Either way it’s not a good thing and I would believe complicate the sale but not necessarily impede it. 

Edited by GoCommiesGo
  • Thanks 1