Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

22 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

You're missing it. It's not what he would have done different, but how it would be the same if he was mildly interested, and wanted to kick the tires.

"Eh, maybe I'll give Ole' Danny a stroke and take a look at the Commanders". "Let's se just how badly he's run them into the ground, hehe".

Nothing is done differently. Signs the NDA, finds the nudes and looks at teh books. "Yeah, this is a hot mess, I'm out. But did you see the look on his face? Bahahahahaha!"

Nothing in this universe is different, either. except just how interested Jeff is. Anything from mildly to extremely looks the same.

True. However, we have other reporting and facts. Including his previous attempt to acquire 40% of this team. His passing on even kicking the tires on the Denver Broncos. His partnership with Jay Z to buy this team, his engagement of Allen and  Company to facilitate a possible purchase of this team as well as his NDA with Dan through BofA. 

The two biggest facts that reveal he is all in in my opinion are that he previously did due diligence and was willing to buy 40% and be partners with Dan. Second, he passed on the Denver Broncos without even kicking the tires. 

In my opinion, it’s very reasonable to conclude that if he was simply kicking the tires on potential NFL ownership he would have done so with Pat Bowlen’s estate run by Allen and Company selling the Broncos. He chose not to touch it. Yet you posit he wants to deal with Dan just to do window shopping. 

Second, he tried to buy 40% of this team previously. That’s likely a larger stake than anyone else in any of the groups will own. He has been completely in on acquiring THIS team and not generically an NFL team. 

It is an inevitable outcome. I don’t understand why so many are twisting themselves thinking that it’s not. We shall see soon enough…

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

True. However, we have other reporting and facts. Including his previous attempt to acquire 40% of this team. His passing on even kicking the tires on the Denver Broncos. His partnership with Jay Z to buy this team, his engagement of Allen and  Company to facilitate a possible purchase of this team as well as his NDA with Dan through BofA. 

The two biggest facts that reveal he is all in in my opinion are that he previously did due diligence and was willing to buy 40% and be partners with Dan. Second, he passed on the Denver Broncos without even kicking the tires. 

In my opinion, it’s very reasonable to conclude that if he was simply kicking the tires on potential NFL ownership he would have done so with Pat Bowlen’s estate run by Allen and Company selling the Broncos. He chose not to touch it. Yet you posit he wants to deal with Dan just to do window shopping. 

Second, he tried to buy 40% of this team previously. That’s likely a larger stake than anyone else in any of the groups will own. He has been completely in on acquiring THIS team and not generically an NFL team. 

It is an inevitable outcome. I don’t understand why so many are twisting themselves thinking that it’s not. We shall see soon enough…

Because it's not inevitable. Sure it may happen. But it may NOT. He might not like what he saw. He might decide that he actually might need to go back to Amazon, and doesn't have time for this. He might decide that the books are worse than he thought,  and it's going to be a bigger PITA than he had bargained on. What I don't understand is why you can't see that. Why it's already bought. I mean it might be, but I might not. I've heard literally nothing else from this camp. No additional meetings, (which you would expect) while with the Harris/Rales group, they added Magic Johnson to the list of investors. The fact that you can't even concede that he might not make a bid is just.....illogical.

He has bigger ties to Seattle. He might have decided that was a better buy after seen Dan's books, because you know they can't be good.

15 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

He might decide that the books are worse than he thought,  and it's going to be a bigger PITA than he had bargained on.

That's a narrative that Sheehan among others have heard about some prospective buyers as to once they had a look at their books, they decided they are out.

I know some think Bezos doesn't care about whether he gets a good deal, he will overpay for the team if need be.  

It's certainly possible that he would.  But i don't think we can predict its slam dunk that he would. More who are covering this sale think Bezos doesn't end up with the team than they do that he does -- let alone its inevitable that this is Bezos team now.

If I am spit balling on this I'd guess its 50-50 that he makes a bid.  I do agree that if he decideds to bid he ends up with the team but I got no idea if he does or does not, no one does.

https://nypost.com/2023/03/28/dan-snyder-gets-6b-offer-for-washington-commanders-sources/

Meanwhile, speculation is simmering that Snyder — who, as reported by The Post, signed a confidentiality agreement with Amazon founder Jeff Bezos several weeks ago — is concerned that Bezos is not going to make an offer.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

1 minute ago, Morneblade said:

Because it's not inevitable. Sure it may happen. But it may NOT. He might not like what he saw. He might decide that he actually might need to go back to Amazon, and doesn't have time for this. He might decide that the books are worse than he thought,  and it's going to be a bigger PITA than he had bargained on. What I don't understand is why you can't see that. Why it's already bought. I mean it might be, but I might not. I've heard literally nothing else from this camp. No additional meetings, (which you would expect) while with the Harris/Rales group, they added Magic Johnson to the list of investors. The fact that you can't even concede that he might not make a bid is just.....illogical.

He has bigger ties to Seattle. He might have decided that was a better buy after seen Dan's books, because you know they can't be good.

I laid out all the reporting and facts to support my position. You are arguing based on your opinion and conjecture and not facts. 

Sure the deal can fall apart. I am concluding it won’t based on what has been reported. Jeff Bezos being the next owner of the Washington Commanders is by far the most likely outcome in my opinion. It is so likely that I believe it is a near certainty so I’m calling it inevitable. 

The last time Harris added Magic to a bid, Walton swooped in and won soon after. Maybe with RG3 on board that will tip the scales? 

Third richest human on planet earth buys an asset that is up for sale that he previously tried to acquire a 40% stake in. The end. That’s the story. 

Just don’t be bitter about it when I turn out to be correct yet again. We can still all celebrate. It’s good news. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Just don’t be bitter about it when I turn out to be correct yet again. We can still all celebrate. It’s good news. 

You realize nobody has said Bezos couldn’t or wouldn’t buy the team.  They’re just saying he might not.  

Im not sure how they makes anybody wrong or you right.  

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

You realize nobody has said Bezos couldn’t or wouldn’t buy the team.  They’re just saying he might not.  

Im not sure how they makes anybody wrong or you right.  

Bezos buying this team makes me 100% right. It will prove the conclusion I laid out.

I tried being wrong once. It wasn’t for me so I stopped. 

• Haha 3
  • Thumb down 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Watching Keim on a Youtube livecast right now.  So far only things realted to the sale.

A. Have you heard any rumbilings of Bezos making a bid.  His answer "no."  (before anyone goes crazy, of course he can still bid but he hasn't heard any rumbiling of an offer yet)

B. Was asked about a new stadium, he mentioned the National Harbor area in the mix.  It's been a  long time since i've heard that location as a possibility so it got my attention

C.  He doesn't think the league wants to go through another name change

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

B. Was asked about a new stadium, he mentioned the National Harbor area in the mix.  It's been a  long time since i've heard that location as a possibiloity so it got my attention

The MGM and Gaylord are nice there. Does the metro go there?  Seems like a good area. 

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

No metro, that's the downside.   You can take the ferry from Alexandria.  I usually stay at the Gaylord when I go to home games.

I used to have a yearly company meeting at the Gaylord there before Covid. I only used Uber so wasn’t sure about metro  but it was pretty nice. The MGM is more gambling focused than hanging out and partying like Vegas but it was still fun. Wouldn’t be too bad at all. Better than rural Virginia. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

I used to have a yearly company meeting at the Gaylord there before Covid. I only used Uber so wasn’t sure about metro  but it was pretty nice. The MGM is more gambling focused than hanging out and partying like Vegas but it was still fun. Wouldn’t be too bad at all. Better than rural Virginia. 

No metro access to National Harbor.  Worse than Fedex (about 1 mile walk) in that respect.  Closest metro (I think) is King street, and you can't walk from King Street to National Harbor

4 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

No metro access to National Harbor.  Worse than Fedex (about 1 mile walk) in that respect.  Closest metro (I think) is King street, and you can't walk from King Street to National Harbor

True but you can actually stay at National Harbor and have fun. Nothing near FedEx worth staying there for. I’m sure rates won’t be good for game weekends but at least there is stuff there. 

1 hour ago, SoCalSkins said:

I laid out all the reporting and facts to support my position. You are arguing based on your opinion and conjecture and not facts. 

Sure the deal can fall apart. I am concluding it won’t based on what has been reported. Jeff Bezos being the next owner of the Washington Commanders is by far the most likely outcome in my opinion. It is so likely that I believe it is a near certainty so I’m calling it inevitable. 

The last time Harris added Magic to a bid, Walton swooped in and won soon after. Maybe with RG3 on board that will tip the scales? 

Third richest human on planet earth buys an asset that is up for sale that he previously tried to acquire a 40% stake in. The end. That’s the story. 

The problem is that absolutely none of your facts prove anything. You've extrapolated from them and made an assumption. The only facts are that he has shown some interest.

That being the case you might not like being wrong, but you're likely wrong a lot. And I can't be, since I never said he wasn't buying it. I'm saying there are not enough "facts" to prove it.

17 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Watching Keim on a Youtube livecast right now.  So far only things realted to the sale.

B. Was asked about a new stadium, he mentioned the National Harbor area in the mix.  It's been a  long time since i've heard that location as a possibiloity so it got my attention

That National Harbor site would actually be an interesting option.

Could offer a lot -

1.   They could bring in the yellow and blue line across the Wilson Bridge
  2.   They could host a draft that included National Harbor like they did in Vegas
  3.   If they closed it up, World cup and other national sports/concert venues 
  4.   Easier access for VA residents

• Like 5

Just now, Morneblade said:

The problem is that absolutely none of your facts prove anything. You've extrapolated from them and made an assumption. The only facts are that he has shown some interest.

That being the case you might not like being wrong, but you're likely wrong a lot. And I can't be, since I never said he wasn't buying it. I'm saying there are not enough "facts" to prove it.

When Bezos buys the team I will be vindicated if he doesn’t I will have been completely wrong. It’s pretty binary.  We will know soon.

I am also going against the conventional wisdom of most experts who cover the team. So seemingly the odds are against me. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

I like that area almost as much as what i'd think of RFK as a site but part of that is selfish on my end because i like staying at the Gaylord.  It's a stones throw away from a bunch of restaurants, granted none of them great, but a bunch of them good -- ironically including Frettita's owned McCormick and Schmicks.   Easy to get ubers and cabs from there to the City or I can ferry to Kings St-Alexanderia -- Theismann's is a cool place to eat post game.  I believe the Ferry also goes to Georgetown and the City, too.  You got water taxi's, etc.

If they built it there, it reminds me as sort of a poor man's version of the mall-restaurant area around Arizona's stadium but it might match or exceed it because I'd gather they'd develop the area some more if a stadium is built in that area.   I could have sworn though the idea of zoning the land nearby has some environmental challanges, I thought I read something about that years back. 

Good location for out of towners to go to a game.  Not far from National-Reagan Airport.   As for residents from the DMV, I'd assume its a pain in the neck depending on where they are coming from but I don't think its worse that Fedex since its closer to Virginia. 

9 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

True but you can actually stay at National Harbor and have fun. Nothing near FedEx worth staying there for. I’m sure rates won’t be good for game weekends but at least there is stuff there. 

The Gaylord is so huge. And you got multiple hotels there that i bet the rates won't be too bad but who knows. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I like that area almost as much as what i'd think of RFK as a site but part of that is selfish on my end because i like staying at the Gaylord.  It's a stones throw away from a bunch of restaurants, granted none of them great, but a bunch of them good -- ironically including Frettita's owned McCormick and Schmicks.   Easy to get ubers and cabs from there to the City or I can ferry to Kings St-Alexanderia -- Theismann's is a cool place to eat post game.  I believe the Ferry also goes to Georgetown and the City, too.  You got water taxi's, etc.

If they built it there, it reminds me as sort of a poor man's version of the mall-restaurant area around Arizona's stadium but it might match or exceed it because I'd gather they'd develop the area some more if a stadium is built in that area.   I could have sworn though the idea of zoning the land nearby has some environmental challanges, I thought I read something about that years back. 

Good location for out of towners to go to a game.  Not far from National-Reagan Airport.   As for residents from the DMV, I'd assume its a pain in the neck depending on where they are coming from but I don't think its worse that Fedex since its closer to Virginia. 

I’m sold. Can you please ask Alexa to have Jeff build it? Thanks!

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1