Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at Indy ~ Jim Irsay The People's Champ Edition

TK
Message added by TK,

1638968134_ScreenShot2022-10-30at7_15_40PM.thumb.png.beb0abb1113fde9d33d365ef2e549a12.png

3 minutes ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

It looked like Trai Turner played a lot better this evening than he did earlier this season. He was hideous in the first couple of games. Hence the benching. Seemed much better today. I still hope Charles recovers from his illness and is back for the Vikings game. Seemed like the absence of Holcomb didn't kill us. Sounds like a pretty good chance of Cole returning next Sunday. I felt like we had a pretty good game health wise and were excellent discipline wise. Didn't commit many penalties. Especially for a road game.

I’d like to see Cosmi get a start at guard if his hand is up for it.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, DiscoBob said:

So basically we spend $25M and multiple draft picks on a player that was no better than the guy we got off the street?

Cool, cool, cool

If the guy of the street is winning and creating some electricity every time he plays then so be it.

No one in their right mind can say the expensive QB gives us a better chance of winning.

So basically yes, Wentz was a bad choice for a bad team. TH makes that bad team look mediocre to respectable.

25 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

This will all be a moot point after we get hammered over the next two weeks.

The Vikes are 6-1, but haven't been winning their games in impressive fashion at all. I don't think the Skins are all that good, but it would hardly surprise me to see us give Kirk the L on Sunday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

C’mon man, if it was slightly not accurate, it wouldn’t be up for debate.  Slightly not accurate balls get caught no questions asked all the time.  An average arm has Terry scoring standing up. The ball was not ‘slightly’ under thrown.

Interesting, you thought he put everything he had in that throw? I thought it was slightly off his back foot. Certainly not him launching football with all the torque and body behind him. Seemed like he was attempting to put touch and air under it. Your thoughts?

Go Commanders. More meaningful football to come. I’ll take it. 

7 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

For everyone saying we’re going to get blown away next week, keep in mind that this team we just beat, beat Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs.

I mean, how have the Pats looked decemt, then look like garbage at home on MNF against the Bears, and today go to the Meadowlands and beat the Jets.

I think by and large, betting on the Chiefs, along with the Bills and Eagles, seems safe right now. Counting on anyone else is a fool's errand.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

I mean, how have the Pats looked decemt, then look like garbage at home on MNF against the Bears, and today go to the Meadowlands and beat the Jets.

I think by and large, betting on the Chiefs, along with the Bills and Eagles, seems safe right now. Counting on anyone else is a fool's errand.

Yep the NFL is a week to week league. It's unpredictable and ludicrous outcomes happen frequently.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

Yep the NFL is a week to week league. It's unpredictable and ludicrous outcomes happen frequently.

which means the juggernaut Vikings (6-1) are due for a spasm-game... and Kurt Cousins loves throwing game winners at the end (to the opposing teams).

I bet we win next week.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

Quite possibly. That would be absolutely fantastic, to go from 1 - 4 to 5 - 4 😁😁

Be careful with that kind of talk.... if the others hear you, you're going to get hammered for feeling good about this win today!

Aliens Ripley GIF - Aliens Ripley Sigourney Weaver GIFs

Edited by petey hodge
  • Haha 3

Just a few weeks ago, general consensus was this team is trash, as is Ron and all his coordinators.  Everybody needed to be fired.

Call me crazy, but I still feel like we have the same team we had a few weeks ago.

This team per usual puts me in a tough spot, because of course I’m happy for Terry and the players who work their butts off.  They don’t deserve to lose every week.

But I can’t pretend that yesterdays game didn’t look a lot like too many games we’ve watched over the past 3 years.  Which is just generally bad football that one bad team must win. 

• Like 3

JFC! I haven't even gotten a chance to enjoy "Victory Monday" on 106.7 and some of you are already being a bunch of Debbies. If you want to nitpick the game, fine, but none of this overall, hypothetical negativity so soon after a win. Save that for "Ticky Tack Tuesday".

• Thumb up 2

Its becoming too easy to predict our mid season win streaks right after most everyone taps out on the season. Tell me I am not the only one that knows how our seasons always roll. Win a game or 2 early lose 5 or 6 in a row and then do our destroy our draft pick thing in our annual quest to 7-9 7-10.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 4
  • Thumb up 1