Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where is the Burgundy and Gold? Who the heck are these guys???

Blade

There might not be anyone left here who recognized me… but I’ve been here since the very start of this forum. Maybe someone here can tell me who this team in Prune and lemon accents is on the field against the Cowyboys? I used to root for a team in Burgundy and Gold with feathers on the helmet…. Cant seem to find anything of the sort, not even the colors any more. Not to mention the play on the field… Seems like I am watching some perversion of the 1980’s St. Louis Cardinals playing this season and I am heartbroken that I can’t seem to find my B&G…. Change the name, FINE…. But change the colors and the subsequent history? Guess I dont have a team anymore. 

If someone can find the Burgundy and GOld for me again, please reply and I will join in you celebration of the wins and consolation of the losses…. But until then, I guess I will just watch all games hoping for something fun to watch and yearn for the days when I actually had a ‘home team’ to root for….. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

8 minutes ago, Blade said:

There might not be anyone left here who recognized me… but I’ve been here since the very start of this forum. Maybe someone here can tell me who this team in Prune and lemon accents is on the field against the Cowyboys? I used to root for a team in Burgundy and Gold with feathers on the helmet…. Cant seem to find anything of the sort, not even the colors any more. Not to mention the play on the field… Seems like I am watching some perversion of the 1980’s St. Louis Cardinals playing this season and I am heartbroken that I can’t seem to find my B&G…. Change the name, FINE…. But change the colors and the subsequent history? Guess I dont have a team anymore. 

If someone can find the Burgundy and GOld for me again, please reply and I will join in you celebration of the wins and consolation of the losses…. But until then, I guess I will just watch all games hoping for something fun to watch and yearn for the days when I actually had a ‘home team’ to root for….. 

What up Blade....wow good to see you.....even given the circumstances. 

• Thumb up 1

I like em, been waiting my whole life for black jerseys, if we were winning folks would be talking less trash about them. 

They are alternates, not every games, teams are allowed to have alternates, even bad teams.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

Prune and Lemon…. Whoever would have thought we would have gone to such places??? With 90 years of history, our team appears to be no more…. Even if the team won that game, dunno if i could ever support the atrocity I am seeing in uniforms and color scheme…. Seriously, I can’t justify rooting for this team with my 15yo son anymore.. they aren’t anything materially, visually, or successfully close to what Ive been rooting for since the 1970s. 

I wish all of you who can stomach this, or who still live in DC Metro much success in the future…. I just dont know I can carry on with you anymore. I am at a loss for words at what I am seeing from the place I used to call my home team. This is not what I expected, asked for, or bargained for. Thats all on me I guess…. No shade meant for you who can persevere. I guess Ive just got too old to have any patience left for this, and that’s on me. HTTR if anyone can find them….. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I love all you guys and gals who still participate in this forum after 20 years since its formation… I just wish we all got the team we deserve making a play for a championship instead of a champion top draft pick… to be honest, I am surprised the forum even exists, even though I still make use of it regularly during the season. Props to those who keep the lights on here, and nothing but love and support for you who keep it alive. HTTR for those who will remember what that means… 

• Like 14
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

43 minutes ago, Blade said:

I love all you guys and gals who still participate in this forum after 20 years since its formation… I just wish we all got the team we deserve making a play for a championship instead of a champion top draft pick… to be honest, I am surprised the forum even exists, even though I still make use of it regularly during the season. Props to those who keep the lights on here, and nothing but love and support for you who keep it alive. HTTR for those who will remember what that means… 

man, this forum does not deserve a better team

• Sad 2
  • Thumb down 2

2 hours ago, Blade said:

Hi Blade. Nice to see you.

3 hours ago, ananoman said:

making it easier for me to stop rooting for this team.  Today I saw a team named the Commanders in Black take the field- nothing related to the once proud Redskin franchise wearing the burgundy and gold that I once knew

we got plenty of overlap

8 minutes ago, zCommander said:

I think they would look good if you did white on black or burgundy on black instead. 

I would be much happier with that.  Sure people would be still be like "but black isn't one of our team colors." to which the only proper reply would be "neither is white"

• Like 1

Personally, I thought the helmet was the worst part. I have no love for the number as the logo on the helmet. Thought they were done with that. Hated it when they were WFT, hate it now. 

The burgundy around the numbers on the jersey isn't enough.  Like folks are saying, it looked like the Steelers. 

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2022/10/02/washington-commanders-alternate-jersey-black-carson-wentz-color-rush/stories/202210020166

But making the yellow numbers all burgundy would look like the Niners all black unis.  I'm not sure what they do if they insist on having these unis.  It's their own fault for being slow to update the uniforms, even before the rebrand.  

Edited by justice98
  • Like 1