Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washingburgh at Dallas

TK
Message added by TK,

2099317008_ScreenShot2022-10-02at4_12_04PM.thumb.png.6becb16f5bf4f6381d0eb60f17bb2d89.png

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am not of the camp that Rivera is a trash coach like Edwards. I get it’s hard for me to push the point in the middle of the emotion of a bad start to the season but I’ll be brave 😀

I promise my reaction isn’t emotional.  I’m checked out.  I just think this is about more than getting off to a slow start.  The talent deficit in conjunction with criminal coaching decisions is too much to ignore.  

• Thumb up 1

Just now, cougs said:

Offensive line, there is no words for how bad they are. The coaching staff really believed we need no upgrades at this position.  I am so angry at this organization.  Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa…f()&$&

The starting 5 was fine last year. But they lost two starters including a perennial Pro Bowler and didn't adequately replace them.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, NoCalMike said:

I don't understand the grounding penalty on Wentz. He got it past the line of scrimmage and Logan Thomas was headed in that direction.  Also the officials didn't even flag it until well after the play.  It's like they talked themselves into the flag.

Still dont understand why there can be delayed flags on IG but no other penalty

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yes Edwards would be worse 

Herm would be nightmare scenario. I imagine Snyder would be more likely to **** it up in the complete opposite direction—a young unqualified guy with fire and energy to **** everything up in new and exciting ways.

Not sure which way it goes. And maybe bottoming out in this particular season could actually contribute to Snyder leaving, as we’ve talked about. 

But I do know that this brand of football is unwatchable—even in a close game like this where hope is very much alive, it feels hopeless as an identity. 

2 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

No.

No, no, no.  No.

Haha after I said that he heaved one to Dotson. I am very aware of the O line issues, and I am not blaming Wentz 100% but when he has had time, which is rare, he is in the dirt or high.  BUT I know Heinike is not the answer.

I can't believe it, I can't believe it, I can't believe it, I can't believe it.

I'm *actually* seeing people say that we should go to Heinicke.

I'm not defending Wentz, I'm just not.  He's not that good.  

But in the year of our Lord, 2022, some of you guys have been so used to quarterback controversies for close to 30 years that you all just don't know any better.  I'm serious here, you just can't help yourselves because you're used to it.  

• Like 5

1 minute ago, NoCalMike said:

I don't understand the grounding penalty on Wentz. He got it past the line of scrimmage and Logan Thomas was headed in that direction.  Also the officials didn't even flag it until well after the play.  It's like they talked themselves into the flag.

Yeah.  I mean, they flag Dallas on the field for roughing the kicker and pick it up after discussion and then turn around and talk about a play  and then flag Washington for it.  Seems odd.