Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

šŸ˜€šŸ˜€ Ron fired days ago. Mission Accomplished.šŸ˜€šŸ˜„

88Comrade2000

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

Iā€™m not sure how one watches the Texans this year and not have an open mind about a defensive coach as good as Mike Macdonald.Ā 

Because after a single season with their #2 overall draft pick QB, OC Slowik will be stolen away immediately to be a HC somewhere else.
Ā 

Thatā€™s exactly what Iā€™d want to avoid with a young QB. Itā€™s exactly what you get when you tie a talented young QB to a defensive HCā€”turnstile OCā€™s, if things are going well.Ā 

• Like 6
  • Thumb up 1

10 minutes ago, Conn said:

Because after a single season with their #2 overall draft pick QB, OC Slowik will be stolen away immediately to be a HC somewhere else.
Ā 

Thatā€™s exactly what Iā€™d want to avoid with a young QB. Itā€™s exactly what you get when you tie a talented young QB to a defensive HCā€”turnstile OCā€™s, if things are going well.Ā 

Ā 

The solve is to hire a veteran OC who's already flamed out as a HC and won't get poached.

Ā 

In fact, having an experienced coordinator will also help the new HC adjust to their new role.

Ā 

It's not a bad planĀ ifĀ you believe in the OC. People who fit this description would be Bill O'Brien, Freddie Kitchens, Gary Kubiak, potentially Darrell Bevell.... and dare I say it, Jay Gruden.

• Haha 1
  • Thumb down 1

1 hour ago, CapsSkins said:

Ā 

The solve is to hire a veteran OC who's already flamed out as a HC and won't get poached.

Ā 

In fact, having an experienced coordinator will also help the new HC adjust to their new role.

Ā 

It's not a bad planĀ ifĀ you believe in the OC. People who fit this description would be Bill O'Brien, Freddie Kitchens, Gary Kubiak, potentially Darrell Bevell.... and dare I say it, Jay Gruden.

The downside of this is self-evident.Ā 

Edited by Rufus T Firefly
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

The downside of the is self-evident.Ā 

Ā 

Pardon my being dense - what is that?

Ā 

People often refer to certain coaches as "great coordinator; bad HC". What's the downside of hiring one of them to enjoy their coordinating talents for the long-term?

9 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Ā 

Ā 

People often refer to certain coaches as "great coordinator; bad HC". What's the downside of hiring one of them to enjoy their coordinating talents for the long-term?

Because you're dictating (and limiting) your choices by what your HC choice was. Rather than pick the best mind to groom your franchise's most important asset, which would ideally be a young, rising mind, you're choosing between a bunch of retreads. Most of who, btw, have failed with young QBs in recent years.

Ā 

Kubiak is a pipe dream, for the record.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Yeah I wouldnā€™t want those guys and would react violently to a couple of them. So we disagree on the topic, which is okayĀ 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CapsSkins said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Iā€™ve heard Freddie Kitchensā€™ name come up a lot. Why????

Ā 

He is a bum who canā€™t bet a fulltime OC gig in this league

• Like 1

• 88Comrade2000 changed the title to šŸ˜€šŸ˜€ Oh Baby, itā€™s Ronā€™s last dayšŸ˜€šŸ˜„. 1 day until his firing. Happy Birthday Ron!
7 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Happy Birthday Ron. Enjoy your last full day as an nfl coach, in your last ever nfl game.Ā 

Meanwhile...

Ā 

...Ron has no idea it's his last day on this team, last day in the NFL, or his birthday.

Ā 

Asked at a press conference how he feels about those three points, he will reply, "It's what now?"

Ā 

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Iā€™m not sure how one watches the Texans this year and not have an open mind about a defensive coach as good as Mike Macdonald.Ā 

If I had to make an argument, I would say that the Texans actually improved more on offense than defense this season, and most of the credit for the offense should go to Bobby Slowik, the OC, who will probably get poached for a HC job this offseason. Ā So Stroud will have to work with someone new next season, maybe learning a somewhat different offense. Ā Will the new guy be as good? Ā I doubt it.

Ā 

Thatā€™s exactly the reason why it makes more sense to hire an offensive HC, to keep the HC-OC-QB continuity going.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

One More Day. Ā Until Ron Rivera is shown the door and the last bad decision of Daniel Snyder's reign of terror has been scrubbed from Ashburn. Ā Like virtually everyone who worked for Snyder it ended badly for Ron and another reputation is damaged. Ā 

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

10 hours ago, Conn said:

Ā 

Not hiring a potentially great HC because we might lose the OC seems like poor logic. How many coordinators have the Patriots, Ravens, Steelers lost over the past 15-20 years? Those teams have defensive/ST based HCs and continue to chug along.
Ā 

Good organizations make good hires, repeatedly, not just once. If we want to be a consistent contender, we need to be able to make many good hires, not just one.

• Thumb up 1

10 hours ago, CapsSkins said:

Ā 

Ā 

Where you watching the Colts game when they posted a picture of the former Wash O coaches that are now Head coaches? Pretty impressive and all doing a pretty good Job from that same line?Ā  Gibbs did have good success with it. Just hope we pick the right one.

14 hours ago, Ball Security said:

Improved defense? Okay, Craig. I guess the Jets score 30 points on the reg and 45 points with Tua only playing three quarters is improvement. šŸ˜‚

Ā 

(I understand there were puck six(es) these past four weeks, but even if it was technically an improvement, it still wasnā€™t anything but a bottom quarter defense.

Ā 

That alone was reason enough for Ron to lose his job...he was hired to coach, not manage.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, formerly4skins said:

Meanwhile...

Ā 

...Ron has no idea it's his last day on this team, last day in the NFL, or his birthday.

Ā 

Asked at a press conference how he feels about those three points, he will reply, "It's what now?"

Ā 

Ā Ron's the kind of guy who will get fired on Monday and then show up Tuesday as if nothing ever happened...and someone has to point out that he isn't employed there anymore.

Ā 

"Whaddya mean I got fired?"

Ā 

I'm sure his family puts up with a lot since he likely does the same with anniversaries and birthdays. šŸ™„

• Haha 2

Happy Bday Ron and thanks! Very well executed tank job this year. And you managed to make it look like you were trying all along. Brilliant. Best of luck and very sorry you were another victim of the Snyder reverse car wash effect.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1