Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

πŸ˜€πŸ˜€ Ron fired days ago. Mission Accomplished.πŸ˜€πŸ˜„

88Comrade2000

25 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Chris Russell has got to be the dumbest person in the DC sports media.Β 

Β 

He's brutal. Forget that he's been doing radio for a while and hasn't improved his ability to form complete sentences or sometimes even full words. He's never come across as insightful.Β Β 

Β 

Chris Russell is what happens when you have a station owner like Audacy who wants to have semi-different line-ups on two different stations but also doesn't want to invest much in either. You get shows like his.Β 

Β 

On the topic of Harbaugh. A few of us have said it. He doesn't seem like a guy who would come in and report to a GM. So, unless The Harris Group wants another coach-centric Front Office like they have right now with Ronald. Not a good fit.Β 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

I don't wanna celebrate Ron being fired.Β  Maybe it hits home too much, but the cancer thing is a big deal to me.Β  For a moment, we forgot about football and were rooting for his health. I'm not gonna start hating him 3 years later because the team sucks.Β Β 

Β 

Him being gone should mean a proper front office structure for once instead of "Hey the coach is in control of everything, we promise Snyder has no say".Β  Sure he agreed to the situation, but it just wasn't what was best for the team.Β 

Β 

I really think he tried.Β  I think he means it when he says it starts withΒ  culture and I think he was a big part of a culture change.Β  I think I appreciate him standing there like a statue and not bull****-posturing around acting like we still got this or he's still got this.Β  At least he seems to be honest.Β 

Β 

Not a bad thing anyone has to say about Ron besides his management of the team. I know that's a big one lol I'm just saying we didn't have video of him sitting on the ground outside of a bar and **** like that.Β Β 

Β 

Best of luck Ron.Β  (Unless for some reason he stays then I'll become an asshole about it lol)

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Dirt said:

I don't wanna celebrate Ron being fired.Β  Maybe it hits home too much, but the cancer thing is a big deal to me.Β  For a moment, we forgot about football and were rooting for his health. I'm not gonna start hating him 3 years later because the team sucks.Β Β 

Β 

Him being gone should mean a proper front office structure for once instead of "Hey the coach is in control of everything, we promise Snyder has no say".Β  Sure he agreed to the situation, but it just wasn't what was best for the team.Β 

Β 

I really think he tried.Β  I think he means it when he says it starts withΒ  culture and I think he was a big part of a culture change.Β  I think I appreciate him standing there like a statue and not bull****-posturing around acting like we still got this or he's still got this.Β  At least he seems to be honest.Β 

Β 

Not a bad thing anyone has to say about Ron besides his management of the team. I know that's a big one lol I'm just saying we didn't have video of him sitting on the ground outside of a bar and **** like that.Β Β 

Β 

Best of luck Ron.Β  (Unless for some reason he stays then I'll become an asshole about it lol)

Β 

Of course the cancer thing is way bigger than football and we're all thrilled he beat the disease.

Β 

But come on, man. Ron inherited a 3-13 team holding the 2nd overall pick and whose best players were Jon Allen, Terry McLaurin, and Tress Way (not incl Trent as he sat out).

Β 

He will be leaving behind, most likely, a 4-13 team holding the 2nd overall pick and whose best players are Jon Allen, Terry McLaurin, and Tress Way.

Β 

The 2nd overall pick he inherited in 2020 is no longer on the team. We still don't have a solidified QB1. We don't have one winning season during his tenure. All his first round picks have been busts.

Β 

And more to the point, he constantly politicked and spun the messaging to his own detriment. Constantly moved the goalposts. Made horrible personnel decisions. Made arrogant comments "send me my SB ring".

Β 

He gave a facade of respectability as Snyder's reign hit rock bottom and eventually imploded. But as far as his actual job - the football side of things - he has done nothing to help the culture and is leaving the team in just as bad a position if not worse than how he found it.

Β 

A complete, total, and utter failure.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Β 

Of course the cancer thing is way bigger than football and we're all thrilled he beat the disease.

Β 

But come on, man. Ron inherited a 3-13 team holding the 2nd overall pick and whose best players were Jon Allen, Terry McLaurin, and Tress Way (not incl Trent as he sat out).

Β 

He will be leaving behind, most likely, a 4-13 team holding the 2nd overall pick and whose best players are Jon Allen, Terry McLaurin, and Tress Way.

Β 

The 2nd overall pick he inherited in 2020 is no longer on the team. We still don't have a solidified QB1. We don't have one winning season during his tenure. All his first round picks have been busts.

Β 

And more to the point, he constantly politicked and spun the messaging to his own detriment. Constantly moved the goalposts. Made horrible personnel decisions. Made arrogant comments "send me my SB ring".

Β 

He gave a facade of respectability as Snyder's reign hit rock bottom and eventually imploded. But as far as his actual job - the football side of things - he has done nothing to help the culture and is leaving the team in just as bad a position if not worse than how he found it.

Β 

I agree with all of that.Β  I mean, it's not a matter of agreeing, it's just facts.Β  It's been terrible.

Β 

Still, celebrating his FIRING with big smiley emojys like "HAHA **** YOU RON" just doesn't feel right.Β  And not just because of his health.Β  I don't think he's a bad person and I don't think he deserves that "**** you good riddance" response.Β Β 

Β 

How bout a: "thanks for trying, boy we expected better, but great timing, everything's getting overhauled anyway, hope you stay in good health".Β  Maybe it's just the thread title.Β  I'm probably overreacting.Β  I just don't have an ounce of hate for the guy.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

8 minutes ago, Dirt said:

I agree with all of that.Β  I mean, it's not a matter of agreeing, it's just facts.Β  It's been terrible.

Β 

Still, celebrating his FIRING with big smiley emojys like "HAHA **** YOU RON" just doesn't feel right.Β  And not just because of his health.Β  I don't think he's a bad person and I don't think he deserves that "**** you good riddance" response.Β Β 

Β 

How bout a: "thanks for trying, boy we expected better, but great timing, everything's getting overhauled anyway, hope you stay in good health".Β  Maybe it's just the thread title.Β  I'm probably overreacting.Β  I just don't have an ounce of hate for the guy.

Probably because everyone that is on this board is an extreme fan. We live for football season, we love this team and devote a ton of time/money to it. It’s an emotional rollercoaster, one that we haven’t gotten off of since we became fans. Most, if not all can take a step back and agree with you, but at the end of the day our emotions can get the best of us.Β 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

17 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

This is my take as well.Β  We all agree he is a good man and we are all happy he beat cancer, for now anyway.Β  But I will definitely be celebrating his departure for these reasons.Β  Yes he was put in a difficult situation.Β  That's what happens when you get into bed with a man like Daniel Snyder so I have zero sympathy for him for the culture he inherited.Β  He knew who his boss was when he signed the contract.

Β 

Just so tired of the excuses (we are a young team when they were league average) and all that other crap.Β  His tenure as head of personnel may go down as the worst stretch of personnel decision we ever had under Dan Snyder. Think about that for a minute folks.Β Β 

• Like 2

his firing cant come soon enough!Β  Β good riddance.. Ron might actually be the worst GM/HC this team has EVER had. Cant think of a single positive he brought to this team or a single intelligent decision.Β 

Edited by oraphus
  • Like 2

They were playing Ron's initial press conference from 2020 when he was hired, and it was funny to hear him say Snyder "had done some research" and "informed me" that the "coach-centric approach is what leads to success."

Β 

WTF? What kind of 'research' would Snyder have done...five minutes of scrolling through the Wikipedia page on NFL coaches while sitting on the toilet and holding a glass of Crown Royal in his other hand? And it's highly debatable that a "coach-centric" approach is the only way NFL teams have succeeded...too many examples to list here, but it's pretty clear that having a good coach AND a good front office is what leads to consistent success...not the 'success' Snyder experienced with one-off late-season runs when the rest of the NFC East teams fell apart (see 2005, 2012, 2016, 2020).πŸ™„

Β 

What bothered me the most was that Tugboat said Snyder "informed me". Would a coach like Rivera really need to be schooled on how the NFL works by a pipsqueak cheapskate bully who never had any success in the NFL in the first place?? 😁

Β 

His response SHOULD have been "Thank you for the interview, Mr. Snyder. But I have other interviews coming up with the Browns, Cardinals, and Jaguars, who have longer track records of success than this team has had since you took over."

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Thumb up 2

Posted (edited)

Glad he beat cancer but that’s the only sympathy he gets.

Β 

His ****ing ego is why he took the job in the first place. Β He was shocked Tepper fired him. Β So when Satan gave him a call; he made his bed with him.

Β 

I’ll show Tepper and the nfl just how great I am. I will get in bed with Satan, as he has given me the power to do whatever I want. I’m in charge.

Β 

He completely failed in his dual role as Gm/coach. Yeah, he never had the Gm title but he was the one in charge.

Β 

The team hasn’t improved one bit. Hell, I’d take the 2019 3-13 team over this year’s 4-13 team.

Β 

Ron made his bed and can’t escape his legacy. Β His legacy is one of complete and utter failure. He should’ve taken a year off and try entering the coaching market in 21.

Β 

Being excised of him on Monday; can’t happen soon enough.

Edited by 88Comrade2000
  • Thanks 1

As you're seeing in both Indy and especially Houston, don't underestimate the power of a new coaching staff and GM. Given a last place schedule and a solid coaching staff, and the resources we have, I EXPECT a quick turnaround with this franchise.Β 

• Like 2

This team had more talent in 2019, plain and simple. Because Ron doesn't harass women does he deserve some culture award? Ron came in here **** talking about if we give him time for the "process" we would be contenders. He destroyed this team and I can't wait for Monday.Β Β 

1 minute ago, Daniel.redskins said:

This team had more talent in 2019, plain and simple. Because Ron doesn't harass women does he deserve some culture award? Ron came in here **** talking about if we give him time for the "process" we would be contenders. He destroyed this team and I can't wait for Monday.Β Β 

You're right, but given it's a new year with new ownership, here's a positive way to look at Ron's tenure: he took us from mediocre to terrible and, in Charles Barkley's words, you'd rather be terrible than mediocre because mediocre has no real future. Ron is leaving us with a top 2 pick and tons of money. The one and maybe only thing you can say in his defense is that he never had a legit QB despite all of the avenues they went down to get one. He's actually using that excuse himself right now.

We may look back and thank RR for leaving us in such a great position when it's all said and done if we draft well and add the right free agents.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

35 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

As you're seeing in both Indy and especially Houston, don't underestimate the power of a new coaching staff and GM. Given a last place schedule and a solid coaching staff, and the resources we have, I EXPECT a quick turnaround with this franchise.Β 

Indy had a good backup. We’ll see how they do next year when their rookie qb plays a full season.

Β 

I don’t expect a quick turnaround. More of a gradual turnaround.

Β 

2024- Another season of double digit losses.

2025- Improvement. Best case would be wild card.

2026- Being the 3rd year in the rebuild, we could take a step forward and be legit nfc contenders.

Β 

Β 

Yep.Β  Ron was beaming last year with the pro bowl selections -- hey this team isn't great but look at the pro bowlers.Β  Ironically all of the pro bowlers were from Jay's regime not Ron.

Β 

Now its zero.Β  Β It makes his crowing about give him his SB ring next year because of his roster even more comical.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

• Like 1

SIP, thanks for the clip with Jahan Dotson's comments about team culture.Β 

Β 

It kind of answers the question I raised in an earlier post.Β  (Β  Β https://es.redskins.com/topic/451322-5-days-until-ron-is-fired-πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€/page/106/#comment-12614395Β )

Β 

Β 

At the end of the post, I'd wondered if Ron could claim he fostered a "winning" team culture or had it devolved into a team culture that kind of accepted losing, with the idea that next week might be better.

Β 

Dotson's remarks make me think that all these losses under Ron's tenure had an impact, and maybe big changes might be needed to rebuild Washington towards a "winning" team culture.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yep.Β  Ron was beaming last year with the pro bowl selections -- hey this team isn't great but look at the pro bowlers.Β  Ironically all of the pro bowlers were from Jay's regime not Ron.

Β 

Now its zero.Β  Β It makes his crowing about give him his SB ring next year because of his roster even more comical.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

β€œYou’re captains, they step up.” 
Β 

Anything that should be read into with this line? Or generic player speak?

5 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

β€œYou’re captains, they step up.” 
Β 

Anything that should be read into with this line? Or generic player speak?

Β 

good catch.Β  One of Mitch Tischler (Finlay's podcast) likes to say part of Ron's failure with the roster is he has draft dudes that blend in, not leaders.

1 hour ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Indy had a good backup. We’ll see how they do next year when their rookie qb plays a full season.

Β 

Doesn't matter how you do it, you are what your record says you are. Houston lost their starting QB too and both of these teams are STILL in the playoff hunt. No sugarcoating it or downplaying it....both these teams made very quick turnarounds. Above all, both of these teams have turned things around with new coaching staffs who have done something right. Give credit where credit is due.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Β 

good catch.Β  One of Mitch Tischler (Finlay's podcast) likes to say part of Ron's failure with the roster is he has draft dudes that blend in, not leaders.

I feel like that this isn’t the first time I’ve heard someone allude to the captains in a similar manner.

Β 

Was Young a captain? He was in previous years. Traded.

Allen. Fantasizes about playing elsewhere.

Reeves: IR

Howell: playing to keep his job

McLaurin: Out there running cardio.

Β 

What a miserable season.