Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

πŸ˜€πŸ˜€ Ron fired days ago. Mission Accomplished.πŸ˜€πŸ˜„

88Comrade2000

It is amazing to me how Marty Hurney has been able to fly under the radar all season along with the other clown Mayhew formerly of the Detroit Lions.

On this board we just say we need a new General Manager but we never call them out like we do with Rivera.Β  I know Rivera has final say

but these clowns advised Ron who to pick in the draft.Β  These clowns helped with free agency too.

• Thumb up 1

46 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Yeah, he'll be dismissed, with tact and class. He'll still get his 5th year, and really, who gives a crap otherwise (outside of those who'll want to give him a swift kick in the ass on his way out the door).

Β 

If anything, Rivera should be thanking the Harris Group for giving him this opportunity to run things the way he wanted this past season. They didn't have to do that. If I spent $6B on something, day one I would have at least removed front office authority and told him to simply coach. That's it.Β 

23 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

It is amazing to me how Marty Hurney has been able to fly under the radar all season along with the other clown Mayhew formerly of the Detroit Lions.

On this board we just say we need a new General Manager but we never call them out like we do with Rivera.Β  I know Rivera has final say

but these clowns advised Ron who to pick in the draft.Β  These clowns helped with free agency too.

The clowns are Rivera's clowns. They would not be here if Rivera had not specifically demanded them. Their successes are Ron's successes, their failures are Ron's failures, and their careers are Ron's career. Their one and only job is to make what Ron wants become a reality. This team is what Ron wanted.

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, MartinC said:

Β 

Could be. Depends if Rivera wants to carry on working - like you I really cant see another team having any interest in him as a HC so thats why I think a 'retirement/mutual parting of the ways' could be positioned rather than than a firing.Β 

Β 

I think there was a time where a team could see Ron as a mentor to young men because let's be honest. Ron seems like a decent human. There isn't a video of him sitting on a sidewalk trashed like we got with Gruden. There aren't stories of where he demeaned players or coaches or anybody. But the reality is that if you brought him into your org, what would he do? Players here have tuned him out. He's not a value add to your coaching staff or your front office. The game passed him by pretty quickly as a coach. He's basically had one really good season where he had a QB that played out of his mind.Β 

Β 

A retirement agreement to save face I guess is possible. But if he's expecting the full salary amount for next year to do that. Then I would rather just let him go and he can announce he's retiring from his twitter account later. The team doesn't need to extend him any other courtesies. Especially current ownership. They've already gone beyond what would be considered respectful to him.Β 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/nfl/whos-next-ten-nfl-assistants-who-could-be-coveted-as-head-coaches

Β 

Who's next? 10 NFL assistants who could be coveted as head coaches

Β 

Eric Bieniemy, 54,Β CommandersΒ OC

Perennially overlooked asΒ ChiefsΒ offensive coordinator under Andy Reid, Bieniemy left for Washington this year and has managed to generate a top-10 passing offense with young QBΒ Sam Howell, who's on pace for 4,730 passing yards and 25 touchdowns, but also 18 interceptions. The Commanders are languishing at 4-8 and Bieniemy's own head coach could be getting fired, so he's not likely a strong candidate.

Β 

Brian Callahan, 39,Β BengalsΒ OC

He has led Cincinnati's offense throughoutΒ Joe Burrow's run there, but the QB's injuries this season precipitated an inevitable dropoff. The Bengals are currently 23rd in scoring and 27th in yards, with the worst run game in the league. Extended playoff runs might have worked against Callahan's candidacy in past seasons, but that won't be a problem this year. If a team liked Cincinnati's prolific offense in 2021-22 and has offensive talent, it's just a question of how well he could find success independent of Zac Taylor.

Β 

Brian Flores, 42,Β VikingsΒ DC

Flores' aggressive Minnesota defense ranks eighth in points allowed, and if the Vikings can sneak into the playoffs, he'll have a platform to remind people he went 24-25 asΒ DolphinsΒ head coach with a winning record in his last two seasons. He also has four Super Bowl rings from his days as aΒ PatriotsΒ assistant and is younger than Tom Brady, so Flores is on the way back up the NFL coaching ranks.

Β 

Ben Johnson, 37,Β LionsΒ OC

Perhaps the hottest candidate on this list, Johnson had a top-five offense in his first year as coordinator in 2022, and the Lions are scoring more this season, validating themselves as one of the league's most balanced and effective offenses. He declined to interview for jobs last year but will be a top candidate this offseason, especially if Detroit can make a longer playoff push. He was born in South Carolina, raised in Asheville, N.C., and went to UNC, so there are local ties for Carolina, but he could probably land a better job.

Β 

Brian Johnson, 36,Β EaglesΒ OC

He's only in his third year as an NFL assistant, but the Eagles' continued success on offense (and Steichen's respectable first year with theΒ Colts) could help Johnson as another quick-rising offensive mind. Both of last year's Eagles coordinators landed head coaching jobs, so if Philadelphia can make another Super Bowl run, he'll be coveted much the same way, despite his overall lack of NFL experience.

Β 

Mike MacDonald, 36,Β RavensΒ DC

Baltimore has the NFL's No. 2 defense in points and yards allowed in his second year as coordinator, and MacDonald has learned from both Harbaugh brothers, coming up on John's Ravens staff and spending 2021 as Jim's defensive coordinator atΒ Michigan. If Ryans was the sharpest young defensive mind in last year's cycle, MacDonald may have that status for a team looking for leadership from that side of the ball.

Β 

Kellen Moore, 35,Β ChargersΒ OC

Moore left theΒ CowboysΒ to work in Los Angeles, and the Chargers are a disappointing 4-7 team that could fire head coach Brandon Staley. But Moore's offense has been sound: Los Angeles ranks ninth in scoring, up from last season. Dallas' offense has been even better without Moore, but his consistent success there will keep him in the conversation among the league's best young offensive coaches.

Β 

Raheem Morris, 47,Β RamsΒ DC

Next year will be 15 years since Morris got his first NFL head coaching job inΒ Tampa Bay, and he has coached on both sides of the ball since, including running the Rams defense in their Super Bowl season in 2021. Los Angeles is 5-6 and probably on the outside looking in at the last wild-card spots, but a surge and return to the playoffs would bring his name back as a candidate.

Β 

Dan Quinn, 53,Β CowboysΒ DC

The Cowboys defense has been a top-five unit in nearly any category β€” fourth in points, third in yards, second in sacks and interceptions, second on third downs. Dallas is in the Eagles' shadow for now, but an extended playoff run would help Quinn. He went 43-42 in six years asΒ FalconsΒ head coach from 2015-20, including a Super Bowl appearance, and could be in line for a second shot.

Β 

Bobby Slowik, 36,Β TexansΒ OC

If a team is looking for someone to cultivate a young quarterback, Slowik's past two seasons are working asΒ Brock Purdy's passing game coordinator in 2022 andΒ C.J. Stroud's offensive coordinator this season, a really strong two-year run. He's inexperienced but comes from the Shanahan coaching tree (Mike and Kyle), and he'll only gain more buzz if the precocious Texans can make the playoffs a year after winning three games.

Β 

More names to watch:Β Lou Anarumo,Β BengalsΒ DC; Mike Caldwell,Β JaguarsΒ DC; Ejiro Evero,Β PanthersΒ DC: Aaron Glenn,Β LionsΒ DC; Al Harris,Β CowboysΒ DBs; Todd Monken,Β RavensΒ OC; Jim Schwartz,Β BrownsΒ DC; Frank Smith,Β DolphinsΒ OC; Steve Spagnuolo,Β ChiefsΒ DC; Shane Waldron,Β SeahawksΒ OC; Steve Wilks,Β 49ersΒ DC

I would like to see Harris meet with the players or at least the disgruntled team leadership, without Ron. Give them an update on his plans or simply thank them for sucking it up in a year of them forced into having Dan's toxic coaching staffs incompetence making them so miserable.

Β 

With the expectations on the defense coupled with their failures JDR should have been axed long ago. Allen sounding off after Ron running the D for a week and somehow looking more inept than JDR is proof that both JDR AND RR needed to be pushed off the plank long ago.Β 

Β 

Team leadership unhappy falls squarely onto Harris's lap. Spare me the " there was nothing at all that he could have possibly done any differently" predictable push back.

Edited by RandyHolt

18 minutes ago, KWilliamsAWinfield said:

No offense but you are an idiot if you think Cowboys are going to hire Rivera as head coach, as long Cowboys are winning, McCarthy is not going anywhere

He said he'd love it, not that he was going to bet his life's savings on it. We can all love things even if they're impossible. For example, @DazedSkinsfan would probably love you having a sense of humor.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Haha 2
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Lerch from the Junkies said a source he has who is an actual player on the team told him that Jack told the players a couple of weeks ago he and Ron would be let go at the end of the year.Β  I thought that was interesting, not important but interesting.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HigSkin said:

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/nfl/whos-next-ten-nfl-assistants-who-could-be-coveted-as-head-coaches

Β 

Who's next? 10 NFL assistants who could be coveted as head coaches

Β 

Β 

Β 

Ben Johnson, 37,Β LionsΒ OC

Perhaps the hottest candidate on this list, Johnson had a top-five offense in his first year as coordinator in 2022, and the Lions are scoring more this season, validating themselves as one of the league's most balanced and effective offenses. He declined to interview for jobs last year but will be a top candidate this offseason, especially if Detroit can make a longer playoff push. He was born in South Carolina, raised in Asheville, N.C., and went to UNC, so there are local ties for Carolina, but he could probably land a better job.

Β 

Brian Johnson, 36,Β EaglesΒ OC

He's only in his third year as an NFL assistant, but the Eagles' continued success on offense (and Steichen's respectable first year with theΒ Colts) could help Johnson as another quick-rising offensive mind. Both of last year's Eagles coordinators landed head coaching jobs, so if Philadelphia can make another Super Bowl run, he'll be coveted much the same way, despite his overall lack of NFL experience.

Β 

Mike MacDonald, 36,Β RavensΒ DC

Baltimore has the NFL's No. 2 defense in points and yards allowed in his second year as coordinator, and MacDonald has learned from both Harbaugh brothers, coming up on John's Ravens staff and spending 2021 as Jim's defensive coordinator atΒ Michigan. If Ryans was the sharpest young defensive mind in last year's cycle, MacDonald may have that status for a team looking for leadership from that side of the ball.

Β 

Β 

These 3 interest me the most.Β  I keep going back to Shen because he was hired by Harris to overlook the team in analytics which Harris loves!Β  That being said, Shen has connections with two of these HC and has worked with them, Ben Johnson in his time in Miami and Mike MacDonald in Shen's time with the Ravens.Β  Both coaches are very deserving of HC jobs.Β  I like both equally but the thing I really like about MacDonald is he is a leader of men.Β  The Commanders need that very much.Β  I am sure that Ben Johnson or rather hope he is the same.Β Β 

Β 

Shen has worked with and knows Assistant GM Ian Cunningham of the Chicago Bears too.Β  I know the Bears are in a funk like the Commanders but he's a name to keep an eye on. Shen has never worked with Assistant GM Adam Peters but he would be downright awesome to have as our new GM.Β Β 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RandyHolt said:

I would like to see Harris meet with the players or at least the disgruntled team leadership, without Ron. Give them an update on his plans or simply thank them for sucking it up in a year of them forced into having Dan's toxic coaching staffs incompetence making them so miserable.

Β 

With the expectations on the defense coupled with their failures JDR should have been axed long ago. Allen sounding off after Ron running the D for a week and somehow looking more inept than JDR is proof that both JDR AND RR needed to be pushed off the plank long ago.Β 

Β 

Team leadership unhappy falls squarely onto Harris's lap. Spare me the " there was nothing at all that he could have possibly done any differently" predictable push back.

Leadership, Randy Holt!Β  Exactly!Β  This is what this team needs in all facets from the entire new F.O. and HC and coaching staff.Β  Bravo!Β 

35 minutes ago, KWilliamsAWinfield said:

No offense but you are an idiot if you think Cowboys are going to hire Rivera as head coach, as long Cowboys are winning, McCarthy is not going anywhere

Hello, I'd like to introduce you to sarcasm. I know it's not always an easy concept.

7 hours ago, NickyJ said:

The clowns are Rivera's clowns. They would not be here if Rivera had not specifically demanded them. Their successes are Ron's successes, their failures are Ron's failures, and their careers are Ron's career. Their one and only job is to make what Ron wants become a reality. This team is what Ron wanted.

While that is mostly true, I have a feeling we have one of the worst scouting departments in the NFL. The previous owner did want to spend the money so like the saying goes, you get what you pay for.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

That is an absolutely horrible idea. The owner has no business doing that. That would be our previous owner move.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Β 

I think there was a time where a team could see Ron as a mentor to young men because let's be honest. Ron seems like a decent human. There isn't a video of him sitting on a sidewalk trashed like we got with Gruden. There aren't stories of where he demeaned players or coaches or anybody. But the reality is that if you brought him into your org, what would he do? Players here have tuned him out. He's not a value add to your coaching staff or your front office. The game passed him by pretty quickly as a coach. He's basically had one really good season where he had a QB that played out of his mind.Β 

Β 

A retirement agreement to save face I guess is possible. But if he's expecting the full salary amount for next year to do that. Then I would rather just let him go and he can announce he's retiring from his twitter account later. The team doesn't need to extend him any other courtesies. Especially current ownership. They've already gone beyond what would be considered respectful to him.Β 

He’s contractually entitled to his full salary for next season (unless he can be fired for cause which is very unlikely). He’s getting that $8.5M however the exit is presented.