Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

πŸ˜€πŸ˜€ Ron fired days ago. Mission Accomplished.πŸ˜€πŸ˜„

88Comrade2000

5 hours ago, Andre The Giant said:

Β 

There are myriad reasons for keeping Ron. Β But, for me, there isn't one better than:

Β 

Ron created this abomination, and double-talked, made way too many excuses, threw player after player under the bus and outright bull****ted everyone (maybe even himself) for four years. Β He BETTER remain on the sidelines for the rest of the year to bear front row witness to this dumpster fire. Β 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

I think they have to continue to allow the humiliation ritual to play out.Β  Ron created this atrocious team. Leave no doubt in his mind, despite how he wants to spin it, thatΒ his "perspective" in terms of how the defense should run, still yields the same horrible outcome.Β  Make it clear as day that they still cannot cover (not fast enough), they still cannot tackle (not able to adhere to basic fundamentals), and that every single QB they go against, with rare exception, is made to look like an All-Pro. I have to believe that the release of Ron, and the entire front office, which we know will be gutted at the end of the season, officially, ends the Dan Snyder era.Β  That is the only saving grace for me.Β  We desperately need a reset button for this franchise.Β 

• Like 1

it cant really get much worse than this... Wash pretty much hit rock bottom under Rivera..... Culture is damn good though!

1. Looking at Rons dumb face after every blow out reeks of a man who lost faith and has no answers(never really did)Β 

2. The team has obviously quit on this coaching staff

3. we wont win another game this year..Β 

Β 

only positive - top 5 pick next year.

2 hours ago, RWJ said:

Shen has been doing the work he was brought into to do for Harris.Β  Seek out a new analytical GM.Β Β 

I think at the beginning of the season Ron seemed truly re energized, got a lift from the new ownership, didn't have to worry about anything non football related for the first time in 3 years. I truly believe he though he had a good roster and this would be a good year. It became obvious to most that was not the case really early, Ron though, at least for a good part of the season, didn't believe the reality that was apparent to most everyone else, bad coaching, bad scheme and bad players (at the very least poorly coached players). After beating the Ravens in pre season he thought he had a good team. It only came apparent to him what everyone else had been harping on much later. I think now he finally realizes how bad this group is but he's past the point of admitting it. He knows he's gone so he will continue to shine this turd up until the day after the last game and even after he is fired will still claim that he brought this organization out of the wilderness. Only reason he is not gone is because the entire group including GM's are bad and will be replaced and there was no time in the off season to do it. I don't think Harris hasn't fired him yet because "it will look bad", he hasn't fired him because there is no one to replace him with without first cleaning out the GM's.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Firing Ron will achieve absolutely nothing at this point. No matter who takes over, the whole team knows that guy is gone as well. What are they going to change these last four games that would make a difference? There’s only so much you can change at this point.Β 
Β 

plus, you can fire everyone you want to. They all suck, but who’s going to replace them for four games? It would be rash and total dumbassery on Harris’s part.

• Like 4

He's got nothing. Nobody expects him to give some amazing new idea of what they'll do differently to try winning a game. But "work hard" as his answer when he knows players have quit on him. That's a tough situation (not the tough one he mentions but takes no responsibility in).Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

If you are all working really hard and are still so unimaginative and predictable to the opposition that you can’t play a competitive game, you are a god awful football coach, GM, whatever you consider yourself.

Β 

I’d have a lot more respect for the guy if he said we’ve been working hard all season long and it doesn’t show on Gameday, that’s ultimately on me.

• Like 4

Text message from my brother on who our next coach should be:

Β 

Here’s the formula: Look at the top 5 offenses in the NFL. Identify the offensive coordinator who has the most autonomy in playcalling and seems like he can handle head coaching responsibilities. Hire him.

No defensive coaches. No washed up β€œleaders of men.” No college coaches. It’s a pretty simple formula and it’s worked for nearly every team that’s competitive right now.

Β 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Ron should go to Josh Harris and ask for a buyout to not make Harris have to fire him. I know he can't quit because he'd lose a ton of money but maybe he can work out a deal where he still does get paid and stays in the organization under some capacity. We have to assume that he knows his goose is cooked so why not do what's best for the organization while still looking out for yourself and your family?

RR: "Hey Josh, I'll resign tonight with dignity if you agree to re-assign me and pay me a portion of what's left on my deal. I accept that I'm a colossal failure as a head coach but I really want to be a part of helping turn this organization around and me stepping down gives you a possible head start on finding a good GM and head coach. I apologize for putting you in a position where you have to fire me and I'm sorry for letting you down. I do have a wealth of experience within the league and I know I can help you with certain situations that will come up."

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Β 

If you are all working really hard and are still so unimaginative and predictable to the opposition that you can’t play a competitive game, you are a god awful football coach, GM, whatever you consider yourself.

Β 

I’d have a lot more respect for the guy if he said we’ve been working hard all season long and it doesn’t show on Gameday, that’s ultimately on me.

Β 

+1. Saying at this point they are working on whatever, only makes you look worse than you did before the presser started.Β 

I’m not even really sure where the β€˜keep Ron in the org, just not as coach’ narrative came from. Β Perhaps that was at a time when there were hopes this team would narrowly make the playoffs, and it would have been tough to fire him with a playoff season. Β Putting him in a Doug Williams like role where he’s β€˜pro-demoted’ would have saved face.

Β 

At this point, Ron barely deserves the typical niceties when a guy gets fired - appreciate his efforts, wish him the best.Β 
Β 

Ron joins a long line of men that tied their ship to Dan and became the worst version of himself. Β  Football aside, Ron came here in appearance and by reputation as a no-nonsense, respected leader of men. Β Not even 4 years later, and he’s leaving a delusional man who built a crap team, with more excuses than wins. Β And lazy to boot, he reminds me of foreman on a job site- merely standing around and being present while everyone else works. Β A man of pride that just fired his DC, invests himself in the defense and doesn’t delegate anything. Β Dude literally doesn’t give a F and will be happy to leave a lot richer.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

Ron should go to Josh Harris and ask for a buyout to not make Harris have to fire him. I know he can't quit because he'd lose a ton of money but maybe he can work out a deal where he still does get paid and stays in the organization under some capacity. We have to assume that he knows his goose is cooked so why not do what's best for the organization while still looking out for yourself and your family?

What head coach or GM will come here under the condition that the former guy who oversaw both vital roles would remain an employee in the organization? He’d be a distraction, staff would still see him as coach, and given the size of his ego he’d probably try to exert some influence on the new folks. Just get rid of him so the new team can start afresh unencumbered by remnants of the last regime or having to worry about bumping into Ron in the parking lot.

Edited by BurgundyBooger
  • Like 7

6 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

RR: "Hey Josh, I'll resign tonight with dignity if you agree to re-assign me and pay me a portion of what's left on my deal. I accept that I'm a colossal failure as a head coach but I really want to be a part of helping turn this organization around and me stepping down gives you a possible head start on finding a good GM and head coach. I apologize for putting you in a position where you have to fire me and I'm sorry for letting you down. I do have a wealth of experience within the league and I know I can help you with certain situations that will come up."

Hell no. Β Kick him to curb on Jan. 7/8.

Let him go golfing in California.

5 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

When (not if) we kick him to the curb he’s getting some kind of buyout of his last year anyway. It will be dressed up as a mutual parting if the ways and Ron retiring but he’s getting that last year he’s contractually entitled to.

Β 

But I agree he will have no part in the process to appoint his successor as GM let alone the HC decision.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

I think, at best, he could be offered a position as an advisor but not with any input on who the next GM or head coach is. Put him on some committee's where he can speak to things as a former player and head coach, but only if he offers to resign. If he doesn't come forward and just expects to be fired then just send him on his way, free to seek employment elsewhere. Ron has proven to be a borderline disaster as GM/head coach but I do think he is a good person and a reputable guy to have in the organization. That being said, maybe a clean break from him has merit too.Β 

13 hours ago, Tsailand said:

Identify the offensive coordinator who has the most autonomy in playcalling and seems like he can handle head coaching responsibilities. Hire him.

So you'd pass on Mike McDaniel? He had one year as OC and did not call plays.

I went to the game this weekend, listening to the number of people who just screamed "Fire Ron" (while drunkenly swearing up and down in front of a bunch of Girl Scouts), all I could hear was...

burn-the-witch-screaming.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MartinC said:

When (not if) we kick him to the curb he’s getting some kind of buyout of his last year anyway. It will be dressed up as a mutual parting if the ways and Ron retiring but he’s getting that last year he’s contractually entitled to.

Β 

But I agree he will have no part in the process to appoint his successor as GM let alone the HC decision.

Β 

I don't know, man. I could see a simple statement that Rivera, his entire coaching and front office staff, along with Jason Wright, have been relieved of their positions with the organization. Then it thanks them for their work and wishes them the best.Β 

Β 

Going through a retirement charade AND giving him the 5th year of salary doesn't track for me. He probably wants to work for some team doing something, and I'm not sure any team would be interested. He doesn't really do anything well.Β 

2 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

I think, at best, he could be offered a position as an advisor but not with any input on who the next GM or head coach is. Put him on some committee's where he can speak to things as a former player and head coach, but only if he offers to resign. If he doesn't come forward and just expects to be fired then just send him on his way, free to seek employment elsewhere. Ron has proven to be a borderline disaster as GM/head coach but I do think he is a good person and a reputable guy to have in the organization. That being said, maybe a clean break from him has merit too.Β 

What on earth has Ron done to earn any role here beyond, Jan. 7/8?

Β 

He will get fired and get his money, since coach’s contracts are guaranteed. He will then enjoy retirement on a golf course in California. Maybe gets a tv or radio gig in the future. I can see him on SiriusXM radio in the future.

Β 

Josh will make a clean break from anything Dan.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Β 

I don't know, man. I could see a simple statement that Rivera, his entire coaching and front office staff, along with Jason Wright, have been relieved of their positions with the organization. Then it thanks them for their work and wishes them the best.Β 

Β 

Going through a retirement charade AND giving him the 5th year of salary doesn't track for me. He probably wants to work for some team doing something, and I'm not sure any team would be interested. He doesn't really do anything well.Β 

Β 

Could be. Depends if Rivera wants to carry on working - like you I really cant see another team having any interest in him as a HC so thats why I think a 'retirement/mutual parting of the ways' could be positioned rather than than a firing.Β 

24 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

What on earth has Ron done to earn any role here beyond, Jan. 7/8?

Β 

He will get fired and get his money, since coach’s contracts are guaranteed. He will then enjoy retirement on a golf course in California. Maybe gets a tv or radio gig in the future. I can see him on SiriusXM radio in the future.

Β 

Josh will make a clean break from anything Dan.

Β 

Agreed. Outside of seemingly being a wonderful human being, Ron Rivera has shown absolutely nothing football-wise to be given any considerations by the new ownership group. He's making tons of money to be one of the more disappointing coaches/front office hires in quite some time.Β 

2 hours ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Β 

Β 

Β 

Yeah, he'll be dismissed, with tact and class. He'll still get his 5th year, and really, who gives a crap otherwise (outside of those who'll want to give him a swift kick in the ass on his way out the door).

1 hour ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

I can see him on SiriusXM radio in the future.

Β 

They'll hire anyone. Even Lavar's dumb ass.

• Haha 1