Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

πŸ˜€πŸ˜€ Ron fired days ago. Mission Accomplished.πŸ˜€πŸ˜„

88Comrade2000

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah I think so too. He stepped down from the Steelers as their GM but was in that role for like 20+ years or something. I think he might wanna focus more on the business side of things, especially if he has a good relationship with Harris, while letting a young up and comer who's a scouting junkie run the football ops.

I couldn't agree more and think about this.Β  Colbert isn't under contract at this time.Β  Harris and he could have already spoken about this.Β  I don't know if that would be considered tampering or not. I don't think so.Β Β 

Funny detail from Keim's podcast. At the intro press conference for Ron, Dan said "Happy Thanksgiving everyone". They claimed it was an inside joke but Keim saw the paper copy of the speech and it said "Happy New Year Everyone". Dan was so flustered he forgot what time of year it was!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I couldn't agree more and think about this.Β  Colbert isn't under contract at this time.Β  Harris and he could have already spoken about this.Β  I don't know if that would be considered tampering or not. I don't think so.Β Β 

It isn't tampering if he's not under contract. My guess is Harris has spoken to consultant-types and has a list of candidates ready to interview as soon as he can.

4 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Β 

I work in a position where people can sometimes get fired in the middle of completing a job in a campaign.Β  If a candidate fires someone else in the middle of their job -- it only puts a red flag for me that i coud be next if things don't start on the right track.Β  There is zero I like about working for a client who I just saw fire someone else who did my job but was let go in midstream.Β  Β If they let the previous person finish their job to the end its only a plus for me.

Could RR's not being fired by now be as simple as Josh Harris gave RR his word back in August that he'd let him have the season to prove himself? Or maybe he doesn't want to throw more change at Sam Howell because he's the focus? That being said, it seems that JDR is doing more harm than good to the young guys in the secondary....how long can you allow that to continue? Each and everyone of these players, save Cheeseman, is an investment and should be treated as valuable assets with proper coaching.Β 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Β 

Ben Johnson comes off as an OC more than a head coach. Just the vibe I get. I’m not as high on him as others are.

Β 

Everything I’ve read is the opposite of this take. Β Dude is smart as a whip and makes even the most alpha of alphas listen because they respect the level of detail and work he’s put in.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Ben Johnson comes off as an OC more than a head coach. Just the vibe I get. I’m not as high on him as others are.

Β 

Whoever we get, it will be nice if the process goes through normal channels. That will be worth celebrating in itself.

I'm curious to see how much of an influence Roseman, Lurie and the Eagles have on Josh Harris. We know Harris and Lurie likely have a good relationship given they're both Philly sports owners. Does Harris tap into that resource at all and does Lurie offer up free advice to a fellow division competitor? I'll bet he does.Β 

7 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I'm curious to see how much of an influence Roseman, Lurie and the Eagles have on Josh Harris. We know Harris and Lurie likely have a good relationship given they're both Philly sports owners. Does Harris tap into that resource at all and does Lurie offer up free advice to a fellow division competitor? I'll bet he does.Β 

I think Pittsburgh people are more likely to be an influence on Harris than anyone, since he was a minority owner for them.

Commanders coach Ron Rivera did not help hisΒ already shaky job statusΒ with the six-turnoverΒ loss to the GiantsΒ on Sunday. Even before that game, some people in the building had openly wondered whether change could come during the Week 14 bye. Washington plays at Dallas on Thanksgiving and hosts Miami on Dec. 3. It will be heavy underdogs in both. While I've talked to people who think team owner Josh Harris might not want to make an in-season change, falling to 4-9 would cement a fourth consecutive losing season without a winning record for Rivera. That's tough for any coach to overcome.

Β 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/38935945/nfl-week-12-fantasy-tips-upset-prediction-buzz-afc-nfc-playoffs-justin-fields

1 hour ago, actorguy1 said:

Funny detail from Keim's podcast. At the intro press conference for Ron, Dan said "Happy Thanksgiving everyone". They claimed it was an inside joke but Keim saw the paper copy of the speech and it said "Happy New Year Everyone". Dan was so flustered he forgot what time of year it was!

Β 

Yeah I heard that pretty funny.Β  In that same podcast Keim-Bram talked some about how poorly the secondary communicates with each other and hence we see so much quick game from the opponents because they figured this defense won't adjust.Β 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

I don't know after Irsay publicly called Snyder out and told him he needed to sell he's kinda always in permanent hero status to me.

Β 

This is where I'm at.

Β 

Irsay looks like he walks around with an IV drip full of Absinth, but I'll be damned if I"m not grateful for him putting Snyder on blast.

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Everything I’ve read is the opposite of this take. Β Dude is smart as a whip and makes even the most alpha of alphas listen because they respect the level of detail and work he’s put in.

I hope you’re right. I’ve got nothing against the guy it just feels like Campbell is the one in Detroit that keeps everyone in line.Β 
Β 

There’s certainly more than one way to skin a cat. I’m excited for whatever direction we want to go.Β 

13 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Harris should be having contractors working on the stadium the day after the Dallas game. Β It needs be renovated before season starts and fix the problems.

Β 

Canning a coach now won’t change the trajectory but some coach (Jack) needs to be fired Friday; if Ron is still coaching.

Josh had contractors working on the stadium the day after he bought the team. He spent $20m on the stadium in like 3 weeks between August and the opener. Β 
Β 

The fact he wasn’t able to get everything fixed shows how dilapidated it was due to Dan ignoring it for 20 years.Β 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Josh had contractors working on the stadium the day after he bought the team. He spent $20m on the stadium in like 3 weeks between August and the opener. Β 
Β 

The fact he wasn’t able to get everything fixed shows how dilapidated it was due to Dan ignoring it for 20 years.Β 

There's no fixing that stadium.Β  Fed Ex is going to be a stay a dump until the lease runs out in 2027 and then it needs to razed to the ground.Β  Harris and Co. need to get to work on the new stadium site.

3 minutes ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

There's no fixing that stadium.Β  Fed Ex is going to be a stay a dump until the lease runs out in 2027 and then it needs to razed to the ground.Β  Harris and Co. need to get to work on the new stadium site.

I’m sure they are. Β But they don’t want to rush it and with all the government crap, it’s going to take a while.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Β 

Whatever was done in August was a quick fix. There are structural problems that can’t be fix in a month’s time and needs to be addressed next year in the offseason. Even if the stadium needs to be closed early next season. It needs to be done. We can start season on road or play at an alternative site while refurbishing occurs.

2 hours ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

There won’t be a new stadium before 2030; so a short term refurbishment of the stadium is necessary. If you want to attract free agents, the stadium needs fixing now. A new stadium is several years away.

56 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Whatever was done in August was a quick fix. There are structural problems that can’t be fix in a month’s time and needs to be addressed next year in the offseason. Even if the stadium needs to be closed early next season. It needs to be done. We can start season on road or play at an alternative site while refurbishing occurs.

All I’m saying is I have a high degree of confidence the HOG will do what they need to do as quickly as possible. Β They’ve already showed they’re willing to do it. Β And I’m damn sure they didn’t know everything which was wrong the moment they bought the team

3 hours ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

Do you think this because the hot water heater broke? I was there Sunday and thought the stadium was good. I would hope the owners would focus on putting a winning team of players, coaches and management together!Β