Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

😀😀 Ron fired days ago. Mission Accomplished.😀😄

88Comrade2000

I'm not giving up on RR. Simply due to being in SD and knowing what he did for the military out here when he was with the Chargers. Much of his efforts, went under the radar and what he does with the military back home in DC.. Given the coaches we've had in the past, Spurrier, Zorn, etc. I want to see this to the end. We have a major upset every season. We are due one in the coming weeks, and we finally have the QB who can pull them off, yes I'm saying multiple upsets... I just have a feeling...

This isn't Heineke out of nowhere competing with the best and looking average other weeks. Howell is now looking consistently week in and week out, vs good teams and lesser.  He's learning from his mistakes, we know defenses feed off of good QB play, look at the Giants and they've looked like dog s*** since Rum Ham Devito took over. Whose gonna be motivated to be lead by a guy who doesn't make his own bed, lives with his mother and does no chores around the house???. They know, they dont have a chance, so they don't give the effort they gave against us. They had Tyrod Taylor who was a vet, who could manage games and make a play or too and he didn't have to do much.

Even THIS defense has to eventually get it together, feed off of what Howell is doing and they do their part and get it together vs a legit team. They've been teasing us too many times this season to lose all these close games.. Eventually you pull off a couple of surprise wins... I refuse to live the negative narrative.. I still feel this team can surprise the league the make the playoffs. Win the next 2 and its a whole new ball game..

HTTR

Edited by Playaction2Sanders
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, method man said:

There isn't going to be a shortage of quality DCs. Frazier is already out there. Eberfluss and Staley will be out there as well at the end of the season. Dennis Allen and Todd Bowles could both be out there as well.

Yeah, I just remember McDermott's defenses being aggressive, attacking defenses...as opposed to the sit back and drool on ourselves defense we currently run

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Playaction2Sanders said:

I refuse to live the negative narrative

I'm positive the next coach will be better! There, not negative.

3 hours ago, Playaction2Sanders said:

Whose gonna be motivated to be lead by a guy who doesn't make his own bed, lives with his mother and does no chores around the house???

weddingcrashers-willferrel.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

23 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

The biggest thing is making sure the GM, Coach, and Owner are all on the same page. That doesn't mean they can't have disagreements on certain things, but at the end of the day the vision and strategy need to be aligned.

THIS!!! 100%

This includes not handcuffing a new GM to Howell or Bienemy, etc. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bantu said:

THIS!!! 100%

Yep exactly. The previous ownership kept trying to force players on coaches or vice versa. 

We need everyone on the same page from the getgo. If that means building around Howell I'm good with that. If that means starting over completely from scratch I'm good with that too.

• Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Playaction2Sanders said:

Eventually you pull off a couple of surprise wins... I refuse to live the negative narrative.. I still feel this team can surprise the league the make the playoffs. Win the next 2 and its a whole new ball game..

In my opinion, the only thing that could possibly save Ron's job is a playoff win....and, even in that case he's due a demotion.

The reality is that this team's leadership structure is just unsound.  The coach-centric model that Ron sits atop of is asinine...especially given Ron's obvious limitations in asset management, playcalling, and both tactical and strategic planning. It's a byproduct of Dan & Co. having to promise HCs the world to even consider coming here, and god willing, those days are over. 

There is just no world in which, next year, this team should have a GM that is subservient to the HC. That is a recipe for continued failure...especially with Ron "That-Game-Had-Playoff-Implications?" Rivera at the helm.

• Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I know some here are fine with the new GM doing whatever he wants at QB but it is almost an elimination question for me with a new GM if they want to move on from Howell. Moving on from Howell also affects who you can get for HC. Howell is going to be a major selling point for a coach, not just because of what he is showing so far but also intangibles like coachability

• Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

35 minutes ago, method man said:

I know some here are fine with the new GM doing whatever he wants at QB but it is almost an elimination question for me with a new GM if they want to move on from Howell. Moving on from Howell also affects who you can get for HC. Howell is going to be a major selling point for a coach, not just because of what he is showing so far but also intangibles like coachability

I'd question anyone's football intelligence if they wanted to move on from Howell after this year.

On an unrelated note...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

If that means starting over completely from scratch I'm good with that too.

I'm finally on board with Howell. The next GM and coach doesn't need to be sold on EB, but needs to be sold on Howell. Young, talented QB's that are still on their rookie deals don't grow on trees. 

1 minute ago, No Nonsense said:

I'm finally on board with Howell. The next GM and coach doesn't need to be sold on EB, but needs to be sold on Howell. Young, talented QB's that are still on their rookie deals don't grow on trees. 

I don't think any new regime would just dump Howell. But there is a chance they prefer to get their own guy to build around.

3 hours ago, Bantu said:

THIS!!! 100%

Right on.

You let the Gm and new coach decide.  EB is her performs better should earn an interview but only as one of several candidates. If he’s the best choice for head coach then fine.

As for players let the new staff decide which players work or not. I fully expect most the roster to be overturned the next couple of years. Ron hasn’t built anything and no one isn’t expendable. If decide on move from players under contract; get the best deal for them.

3 hours ago, formerly4skins said:

The reality is that this team's leadership structure is just unsound.  The coach-centric model that Ron sits atop of is asinine...especially given Ron's obvious limitations in asset management, playcalling, and both tactical and strategic planning. It's a byproduct of Dan & Co. having to promise HCs the world to even consider coming here, and god willing, those days are over. 

There is just no world in which, next year, this team should have a GM that is subservient to the HC. That is a recipe for continued failure...especially with Ron "That-Game-Had-Playoff-Implications?" Rivera at the helm.

You ain't kiddin.' Quality coaches gave this franchise a wide berth due to Snyder, so Dan could only get someone to accept the job if he threw in a free toaster with the job. Rivera's limitations as a GM have become more glaring every year, with the overemphasis on defense in the early rounds of the draft holding the offense back...at least until he got a good OC here, but now the vaunted defense is fading so it looks like another 7-8 win season.

Saw that the Bills canned their OC...if only my Steelers would do the same with Matt Canada...and Rivera should do with Del Taco.

• Thumb up 1

8 hours ago, Playaction2Sanders said:

Even THIS defense has to eventually get it together, feed off of what Howell is doing and they do their part and get it together vs a legit team

Appreciate your optimism but have to wonder what makes you think this defense is going to turn things around short of replacing JDR? Is there anyone out there in ES land who can thing of one reason why we should keep JDR around to finish this season and beyond? 

So Bills Head Coach fires their offensive coordinator today.  Meanwhile we hear crickets at the Commanders practice facility.

I guess Ron knows he is finished at the end of the season and is trying to be loyal to our defensive coordinator.  They will 

both leave together evidently.   If we had an independent GM today, he would be letting JDR go for sure in order to try to

save the rest of the remaining season.  Another reason not to hire your friends Ron is so if the coordinator does poorly you

don't have the friendship get in the way of being a leader and making the right call to fire him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, method man said:

You would think any good GM would use Howell as a selling point. But who knows I guess. I cant imagine a scenario where Howell is anything less than a benefit to a coach looking to hit the ground running. 

33 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

...and Rivera should do with Del Taco.

Listen guys.....we are so much better than this. Please be better. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

4 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Yep exactly. The previous ownership kept trying to force players on coaches or vice versa. 

We need everyone on the same page from the getgo. If that means building around Howell I'm good with that. If that means starting over completely from scratch I'm good with that too.

There isn't a snowball's chance in hell that we drop Howell and start from scratch. It's not going to happen, full stop, period, end of conversation.

9 hours ago, Playaction2Sanders said:

Even THIS defense has to eventually get it together, feed off of what Howell is doing and they do their part and get it together vs a legit team. They've been teasing us too many times this season to lose all these close games.. Eventually you pull off a couple of surprise wins... I refuse to live the negative narrative.. I still feel this team can surprise the league the make the playoffs. Win the next 2 and its a whole new ball game..

XEO6Kh.gif

• 88Comrade2000 changed the title to Josh, give Ron the boot. Fire 🔥 Ron please!
5 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

Appreciate your optimism but have to wonder what makes you think this defense is going to turn things around short of replacing JDR? Is there anyone out there in ES land who can thing of one reason why we should keep JDR around to finish this season and beyond? 

I have a reason--I'd hate to see the D start to improve now, the show's over--we're just watching the credits roll, now. 

• Like 2

Maybe it would have turned out better here for Ron if Fitzmagic is able to complete that 2021 season, then returns again for last season, maybe making playoffs in one of the seasons, before handing the keys to Sam,to start this season.

Ron seems to really struggle with the division games every season he's been here, so maybe Fitzmagic could have helped in those games , getting a couple Ws