Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

πŸ˜€πŸ˜€ Ron fired days ago. Mission Accomplished.πŸ˜€πŸ˜„

88Comrade2000

46 minutes ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

It’s no surprise that Martin Mayhew’s time with the Lions coincides with their roughest times as a franchise. Β Rivera hires this clown as GM and they’ve had crappy draftsΒ 

Yeah it was kind of funny when they fired the guy who had just had several good drafts, besides the Doofus Dan Haskins pick.

Edited by SkinsFTW
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

8 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Yeah it was kind of funny when they fired the guy who had just had several good drafts, besides the Doofus Dan Haskins pick.

Yeah, that was Kyle Smith who brought in Logan, McKissic, and drafted Curl among others.Β  Rivera didn't feel comfortable with him and brought his cronies from Carolina and brought in Mayhew and here we are until present day

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

It’s no surprise that Martin Mayhew’s time with the Lions coincides with their roughest times as a franchise. Β Rivera hires this clown as GM and they’ve had crappy draftsΒ 

That was Matt Millen

• Thumb up 1

Remember when Ron had three weeks to prepare for the NY Giants? Β  Had a bye week and just needed that win for post season bid? Β  Remember how prepared the team was for that 2nd game? Β  Yeah that was similar to the Chicago game except Chicago HAD NOT WON A GAME IN A YEAR! Β  He can’t prepare a team for crap. Β Ron is a nice guy and a **** head coach and even a worse GM

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 3

12 minutes ago, TheGoodBits said:

I’ll only give him the benefit of the doubt since he’s five games in, not four years. But he’s been bad.Β 

I agree, EB has been bad and is gonna get Howell killed. I'd rather miss the playoffs and find out about Howell then squeak in and not have Howell healthy. Howell is gonna be the next David Carr at this pace.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

Remember when Ron had three weeks to prepare for the NY Giants? Β  Had a bye week and just needed that win for post season bid? Β  Remember how prepared the team was for that 2nd game? Β  Yeah that was similar to the Chicago game except Chicago HAD NOT WON A GAME IN A YEAR! Β  He can’t prepare a team for crap. Β Ron is a nice guy and a **** head coach and even a worse GM

Ron is terrible at game prep.Β  This team barely won last year vs the Bears and this year they were blown out this time around.Β  His stoic look on the sideline shows that he's lost and doesn't doesn't have any awareness.Β  Save for one big season in Carolina, he's been bad.Β  This team needs an young innovative mind at the controls.Β  Here's hoping ownership feels the same.

1 hour ago, Anselmheifer said:

I hope they keep every coach through the end of the year as part of an intentional tanking. I want a top 5 pick and top 2 would be magic.Β 

Who would you take at #2...curious to hear? Assuming Howell is our future is there a stud o-lineman in the draft that could anchor our line for years? Or a game changing linebacker or safety?

49 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Who would you take at #2...curious to hear? Assuming Howell is our future is there a stud o-lineman in the draft that could anchor our line for years? Or a game changing linebacker or safety?

There is a stud OL worthy of the pick, and a stud WR. But most importantly, at this stage you absolutely cannot just assume that Howell is our future. It’s good to have options for our future competent staff, and #2 maximizes those optionsΒ 

• Thumb up 1

5 hours ago, Idaho fan said:

Β 

I mentioned this a couple times and it's worth repeating. Remember when we upset the undefeated, unbeatable-looking, 8-0 Eagles last season....in primetime.....on MNF......at THEIR house? And what in the Wide World of Sports........we did it with [redacted] at QB! That's the best prepared the team has ever looked during the RR era/error (you choose the word). You know who put that together game plan together - JDR. You know who was more involved in offensive game-planning that week - KZ not ST, because RR wasn't involved. No coincidence, folks.

Letting RR finish the season will do more harm than good. I suppose, like most, I've enjoyed the clips of RR calling or greeting players and telling them they've won the Publisher's Clearing House Sweepstakes. But that's not leadership. That's not providing direction - a positive trajectory - we've been waiting for since "Happy Thanksgiving".Β 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, skinzplay said:

Letting RR finish the season will do more harm than good. I suppose, like most, I've enjoyed the clips of RR calling or greeting players and telling them they've won the Publisher's Clearing House Sweepstakes. But that's not leadership. That's not providing direction - a positive trajectory - we've been waiting for since "Happy Thanksgiving".Β 

I’m in agreement the team needs to consider firing Ron earlier than later. Β Not because Ron’s the HC, but because the personnel dept. reports to him.Β 
Β 

A number of players (e.g. Sweat, Chase, Curl, Samuel, etc) have expiring contracts. Β If this season goes sideways, it may make more sense long-term to trade some of these players prior to the trade deadline.

Β 

It’s in Ron’s best interest to keep everyone on the roster this season. Β He needs to win now. Β Why would he agree to trade a player for future picks he won’t be around to use?

Β 

You could fire Mayhew or Hurney and hire a new GM, but that probably violates Ron’s contract since he controls all football operations.Β 
Β 

It looks like we lost a lot when Kyle Smith left. Name the great players Mayhew & Hurney have acquired…

Β 

We always hear how great our talent is. Β Are we sure? Β It would potentially make sense to get started earlier w/ a new GM, but I don’t see how you do that w/ Ron in the building.Β 
Β 

The one caveat is if you think you could eventually get a Harbaugh or Belichick and they’d want their own personnel team. Β In that case, you wouldn’t want to move on a new GM too soon. Β But I think it’d be a pretty healthy debate as to whether to go with a coach-led model again, even for one of those guys. Β Though I personally would probably go down that route to get one of them (especially if they had a strong GM in mind).
Β 

Edited by Andre The Giant
  • Like 1

Actually, I think it's the opposite.

Β 

Letting him finish the season, no matter how bad it may get (and I think he'll turn in another typical season where we win some meaningless games towards the end to wind up with around 8 wins) sends a positive message to these players.

Β 

Look, these athletes are conditioned to Snyder's buffoonery. Β This is going to show that we have individuals in charge who are calculated in their reaction, not impulsive like Snyder. Β And the overhaul in the offseason with a real GM who chooses the HC, etc. will underscore this.

The only thing I can think of is maybe Harris is doing this as a sign of respect. By letting him finish the season, he can then step down on "his terms."

48 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Ron has earned no respect and hasn’t earned any finish on his terms.

And yet Harris may feel that he’ll look better in the eyes of prospective GM’s and coaches to let him have it anyways.Β 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

2 minutes ago, Conn said:

And yet Harris may feel that he’ll look better in the eyes of prospective GM’s and coaches to let him have it anyways.Β 

Β 

Well said.

That's worth a two "point" conversion rather than a single one. Bravo.

Β 

Harris has every incentive not to make a move unless he absolutely has too. Like locker room in riot mode situation.

Β 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1