Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

😀😀 Ron fired days ago. Mission Accomplished.😀😄

88Comrade2000

8 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

So McVay goes to a stacked team and trades all their assets to win now and decides to leave when the bill is due.

Hard pass for me. 

Strongly agree.  I'd take him as an OC though. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

So McVay goes to a stacked team and trades all their assets to win now and decides to leave when the bill is due.

Hard pass for me. 

He did? In 2017, he took over a team that had not had a winning season in 12 straight years and took them to the playoffs immediately, won an NFC championship in year 2, and the SB in year 5. In his 6 years with the Rams, this is his first losing season and has gone to the playoffs 4 times. In his SB year, 3 teams in his division had 10+ win years and in only 1 year did the division not send at least 2 teams to the playoffs.

Edited by Darth Tater
  • Like 5

11 hours ago, shemp nixon said:

If Turner goes bye-bye, it might be Mike Shula as OC. He was OC in Carolina under Rivera, he's with the Bills now, I think.

Unfortunately this is what the options would be. New owner n a coach thsts about to be on the hot seat makes for an unattractive destination as a coordinator. Was thinking Rons options are former assistants like Shula or Chudzinkski. Turner probably stays for that reason. 

Just now, Captain Wiggles said:

Kingsbury would be interesting. Have to figure he has better options than coming to Washington for what could be just one season. Tho if he did well enough the new owner may consider him as a replacement for Rivera. 🤔

Keep the system that is in place. Continuity for Howell is important. It's a proven system, just needs to be implemented better. 

We should expand the RPO stuff... Maximize Howell's  run threat while he developes as a pocket passer. Philly does this really well.

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Turner probably stays for that reason.

My fear around getting rid of Turner is the inevitable change that comes with the new owner--that would put Howell and other offensive players in the dreaded Three Systems in Three Years cycle. That type of change has stunted the growth of many players.

• Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, shemp nixon said:

Keep the system that is in place. Continuity for Howell is important. It's a proven system, just needs to be implemented better. 

We should expand the RPO stuff... Maximize Howell's  run threat while he developes as a pocket passer. Philly does this really well.

Would Kingsbury's "college" Air Raid type of offense be something Howell would be running though?

3 hours ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Unfortunately this is what the options would be. New owner n a coach thsts about to be on the hot seat makes for an unattractive destination as a coordinator. Was thinking Rons options are former assistants like Shula or Chudzinkski. Turner probably stays for that reason. 

I think this is overblown. Yes, the "hot" young candidates would likely avoid the situation here but there are plenty of veteran OCs out there who would interview for this job. On the defensive side of the ball, you see it now where Schwartz is one of the candidates for the Browns' DC job

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

My fear around getting rid of Turner is the inevitable change that comes with the new owner--that would put Howell and other offensive players in the dreaded Three Systems in Three Years cycle. That type of change has stunted the growth of many players.

Man, I'm glad coaches like Pedersen, Daboll, KOC and McDaniel didn't go all Rivera and peddle some bullcrap 3-year nonsense. Congrats to their teams for making the playoffs this year on their first year as HC, while still building/revamping. RR sold that bullcrap to a dude who knows nothing about football, and his court jester JW.

Just now, skinzplay said:

Man, I'm glad coaches like Pedersen, Daboll, KOC and McDaniel didn't go all Rivera and peddle some bullcrap 3-year nonsense. Congrats to their teams for making the playoffs this year on their first year as HC, while still building/revamping. RR sold that bullcrap to a dude who knows nothing about football, and his court jester JW.

Rivera made the playoffs in his first year too.

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, skinzplay said:

My maaaan, do you recall the context? 

Not much different than the context of Pederson making it. That division was terrible, and the Jags had a 1-1 QB and spent a ton of money this off-season.

I'm not saying Rivera is a great coach or anything but let's see the long term effect here.

7 hours ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Zero chance any changes are going to be made.  We aren't going to eat or take on any salaries for new coaches and or players.  AKA daron payne isn't coming back 

• Sad 2

On 1/8/2023 at 4:50 PM, Buddha said:

I really wonder if today's effort was because Rivera and Del Rio told the team before the game that they are retiring.  

@TK

Sacred Savants among us!

The Enlightened One has left the Astral Plane to pay us a visit!!🙏

For those restricted to sweeping the steps outside the temple, Buddha is one of the earliest ES'ers.

Good to see you, old survivor. 🙂

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

Just now, Warhead36 said:

I'm not one to normally blame coaching but man was Turner bad. I admit I didn't hate him the last two years, I was willing to give him a chance, but he has absolutely no in game "feel" and his overall strategy and ability to adjust just sucks. 

Every now and then the torch-besring mob gets it right on a play caller.

young frankenstein igor GIF

• Haha 3