Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Finlay: Brian Robinson Shot Multiple Times—Stable Condition

Conn

7 hours ago, Playaction2Sanders said:

The hell you waiting on Nabisco for?? Our promotions team needs to have a full fledged Oreo promotion campaign ready to execute in some form of fashion the week he returns.. The fact he maintained his RB duties after BEING SHOT multiple times and STILL brought those cookies in like " yea I got shot but I still brought my cookies in.!! He's on a crash course to ST,  Scary Terry territory in terms of certain recent reputation...Not trying to knock other players who've earned their respective reps..

I hope you guys are kidding, I dont think Oreos wants to be advertising and associated with gun violence and an armed robber. I actually find it kind of weird with people talking the way they are about it, joking about it, making it out like he is superman, getting his jersey because of it, etc. Attacking someone with a gun was extremely stupid. The bullets didnt bounce off of him because he is made of steel and a stud RB. He got extremely lucky nothing else.

Edited by TChaler70

5 minutes ago, TChaler70 said:

I hope you guys are kidding, I dont think Oreos wants to be advertising and associated with gun violence and an armed robber. I actually find it kind of weird with people talking the way they are about it, joking about it, making it out like he is superman, getting his jersey because of it, etc. Attacking someone with a gun was extremely stupid. He got extremely lucky nothing else.

You're aware he didn't attempt to rob anyone, right?

And it's a flight or fight response. If you don't attack you can still get shot. Judging him on his actions when he had a gun pointed directly at him, (two guns), is absurd.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Bifflog said:

Dunno if Russell's stance makes any sense here, they IR'd other guys outside the 53...

Somebody might have said this, but if you put a player on IR BEFORE they hit the 53, their season is over.

Which is why you have to put the player on the 53 first THEN move them to "the list" and then they can come back after 4 games.

PUP is different:  If you START training camp on PUP, then you can seamlessly go from pre-season PUP to regular season PUP without having to hit the 53.  That's why they never took Young or Larsen off of the PUP.  They didn't have to be placed on the 53 first, and then moved.  

However, I think because BRob was active, then got shot, he had to make the 53, then go to either NFI or IR.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, TChaler70 said:

I hope you guys are kidding, I dont think Oreos wants to be advertising and associated with gun violence and an armed robber. I actually find it kind of weird with people talking the way they are about it, joking about it, making it out like he is superman, getting his jersey because of it, etc. Attacking someone with a gun was extremely stupid. The bullets didnt bounce off of him because he is made of steel and a mean RB. He got extremely lucky nothing else.

This might be the absolute stupidest takes I've ever read on anything anywhere in my life. 

Whether he made the right decision or not to defend himself is irrelevant, he was the victim of a violent crime.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Just now, Malapropismic Depository said:

Apparently, bullet went through the knee area

Miraculously, didn't hit or touch any significant parts, like ligament, tendon, muscle, or bone.

Just a miracle.

I'm no medical expert, but based on that, I would expect him to return to full form soon.

The bullet went through his knee. How would that NOT hit SOMETHING? There's stuff in there. It's not hollow. 

It didn't damage the structure from what I understand, but it went through his knee. So... there's stuff in there it hit and went through. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

The bullet went through his knee. How would that NOT hit SOMETHING? There's stuff in there. It's not hollow. 

It didn't damage the structure from what I understand, but it went through his knee. So... there's stuff in there it hit and went through. 

Fleshy meat, or meaty flesh ?

I'm guessing it didn't go directly through the knee, but in the close vicinity.

It's not hollow, but I don't think it's 100% bone, ligament, tendon, muscle.

There's that super small percentage that doesn't fall into those categories, which would seem to fall into a medical miracle of some kind ; a 1 in a thousand percent chance or something.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Apparently, bullet went through the knee area

Miraculously, didn't hit or touch any significant parts, like ligament, tendon, muscle, or bone.

Just a miracle.

I'm no medical expert, but based on that, I would expect him to return to full form soon.

Yeah, the only thing to consider is what @TheShredder posted somewhere, about gunshot wounds healing from the inside - out, and that takes some time.  (Which, btw, I had no idea about and was really helpful information.)

I think everybody is in "wait and see" mode.  I haven't seen it yet, but I think the clear indication is if he is put on the NFI today/tomorrow.  If that's the case, then it's at least a 6-8 week recovery.  If he's not, then they think he could be back sooner.

I can't imagine having a bullet travel through a body part (flesh wound would be different), and it taking less than 4-6 weeks, just knowing how long it takes for things like cuts, muscle tears, etc. to heal, and then having to do some rehab and strength building on the back of the recovery.   But I know literally nothing, I'm just guessing....

4 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Yeah, the only thing to consider is what @TheShredder posted somewhere, about gunshot wounds healing from the inside - out, and that takes some time.  (Which, btw, I had no idea about and was really helpful information.)

I think everybody is in "wait and see" mode.  I haven't seen it yet, but I think the clear indication is if he is put on the NFI today/tomorrow.  If that's the case, then it's at least a 6-8 week recovery.  If he's not, then they think he could be back sooner.

I can't imagine having a bullet travel through a body part (flesh wound would be different), and it taking less than 4-6 weeks, just knowing how long it takes for things like cuts, muscle tears, etc. to heal, and then having to do some rehab and strength building on the back of the recovery.   But I know literally nothing, I'm just guessing....

Another thing to consider, which may be a significant indicator, is how quickly he was released from the hospital. Less than 24 hours.

If it involved structural pieces or "moving parts" - especially in a critical area like the knee, then I would figure that would warrant a longer stay.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

8 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Another thing to consider, which may be a significant indicator, is how quickly he was released from the hospital. Less than 24 hours.

If it involved structural pieces or "moving parts" - especially in a critical area like the knee, then I would figure that would warrant a longer stay.

Yeah, I go back to what @TheShredder said, though, if it's surgery, then the bullet past through the body, and that means the wound has to heal from the inside-out.  I can't remember where he posted it, it might have been earlier in this thread.  (He clearly knows what he's talking about).  

So even if there is no structural damage, it might still just take a little while to heal up.  

But again, I have literally no idea.  Just going off of what I read....

11 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

You should read @TheShredderrecent posts on the topic, it’ll tell you everything you need to know about this part of it, very informative.

Edited by Conn
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Yeah, I go back to what @TheShredder said, though, if it's surgery, then the bullet past through the body, and that means the wound has to heal from the inside-out.  I can't remember where he posted it, it might have been earlier in this thread.  (He clearly knows what he's talking about).  

So even if there is no structural damage, it might still just take a little while to heal up.  

But again, I have literally no idea.  Just going off of what I read....

A piece of extremely hot metal went through his knee. There are any number of things that can go wrong. It’s an arduous process.

14 hours ago, TheShredder said:

Well... Need more info to be specific. First reports were he got shot in the leg and hip. Then it's the knee and glute. Could discover he only had subsurface muscle involvement, which changes everything and could cut healing time in half.

Where does the leg stop and the 'knee' begin?

Without an examination, absent an MRI, my first question would be what are they calling the knee exactly. The only way I can imagine someone getting shot with a 9mm in the knee and it doesn't hit bone, eliminates the majority of the real estate we'd refer to as the knee. He clearly didn't get shot from the front or back. Would have had to be around 45 degree angle.  Around the knee, there's opportunities for this scenario when labeling the 'knee' a distal over-developed quad muscle (typically medial to the patella). I can't see another clear path that avoids the knee joint structures.

So, I'd have to assume that he got shot through and through or a sub-surface graze at a point where overgrown muscle inserts at the knee joint...quad muscle involvement. They're calling it the knee but in the same way you call your finger the 'hand'. Most all other angles would involve tendons, ligaments, bone, the structure of the knee joint.

As for the 'hip'...he got shot in his big ass! Glute damage...takes a couple of weeks for the body to heal & scar. Twice as long to rehab properly.

Likely has 9mm tunnels through his glute & distal quad (too some degree). 7-10 days for infection treatment period and drains for internal healing. Weeks for muscle repair and rehab. Unless these were grazing wounds with sub-surface muscle involvement. In this case, could be working out in 2 weeks!

Very informative, Shredder.

Thank you.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, KDawg said:

A piece of extremely hot metal went through his knee. There are any number of things that can go wrong. It’s an arduous process.

I imagine its a hole approximately 9mm in diameter (kind of joking but nevertheless).  Hard to imagine nothing "important" wasn't hit....amazing when you think about it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ntotoro said:

I'm just wondering how a bullet passes through a man's knee and doesn't hit a single ligament.

Just a layman's wonderment.

It's like winning the lottery. The odds are so low you'd never think it's possible.  But SOMEBODY (eventually) wins the lottery, so it can happen.  

The other thing, he's working against the Washington Red-Commanders-team bad juju.  The more likely story for these parts is the bullet went through the knee, destroyed everything in it, somehow made a u-turn, went through the knee again to finish the job, and then bounced off the car, and damaged the other knee beyond repair.  

THAT is the type of story we are accustomed to.  

Frankly, I'm SHOCKED it wasn't worse just because Brian is working against odds and this team's just horrendous luck with everything for the past 30 years.  

Edited by Voice_of_Reason
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, ntotoro said:

I'm just wondering how a bullet passes through a man's knee and doesn't hit a single ligament.

Just a layman's wonderment.

Because somebody has inaccurately used the word ‘knee’.

The knee is a joint. In this case, the joint is made up bone, cartilage, ligaments, and joint capsule tissues. 

Soft tissues like skin, fascia and muscles surround the joint…. move the joint, but are not actually apart of the joint (quads, hamstrings, calves).

The correct term would be upper (thigh) or lower leg. 

All of these tissues are structures… and given the nature of the trauma (bullets) implies structural/physical damage to tissues.

The soft tissues heal much quicker than hard tissues.

If there were structural damage to the hard tissues, it would take up to 3 months to fully heal (after surgery) and then rehab.

So the fact that he’s coming back so soon 4-8 weeks, implies only soft tissue damage. Perhaps even superficial (not very deep or impacting more tissues).

Its great news…. he got incredibly lucky.

Edited by Die Hard
  • Like 1