Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: 2022 - {{SUPERBOWL 57}} ~ THE CHIEFS vs. THE EAGLES

zCommander

the NFL can't be happy this weekend.  Eagles 49ers ends with the 9ers not having a QB for the last half, and this game ends with questionable officiating all through the 4th quarter and the officials gifting the Chiefs a field goal

• Like 1

KC lucky it didn't go to overtime...

I'm sorry, no one wants to hear this, but this KC team is not better then Philly.  That roster is stacked compared to theirs, and Chiefs barely got past Cincy alive.

And Hurts doesn't have to be better then Mahomes to beat him because of it.  If Mahomes is still not 100%, that's gonna lower their odds even more.

I don't want to watch it, either, but last game for a while so probably have to.

1 minute ago, Dan T. said:

You don’t make that borderline call there. Cincy   got screwed. 

I agree.  But that wasn’t close to borderline. Mahomes had 2 feet out of bounds and was clearly hit about 4 yards out of bounds and pushed to the ground.  

I said it out loud when it happened live, saw it on replay, and I honestly didn’t care that much who won, as long as they beat the Eagles.  

It was the right call.

Frankly, apart from the debacle with the re-do play, it was as well officiated a game as I’ve seen recently.  They missed some stuff but what was called seemed legit.  

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

KC lucky it didn't go to overtime...

I'm sorry, no one wants to hear this, but this KC team is not better then Philly.  That roster is stacked compared to theirs, and Chiefs barely got past Cincy alive.

And Hurts doesn't have to be better then Mahomes to beat him because of it.  If Mahomes is still not 100%, that's gonna lower their odds even more.

I don't want to watch it, either, but last game for a while so probably have to.

Patrick has 2 weeks to heal.

Unfortunately, there's already a Bengal in front of Mahomes there... no reason to hit him. Late hit is officiated like that at every level.  Mahomes wasn't faking it not in that ankle. 

Plenty to be mad about for the officiating and I didn't watch that play well enough to see if there was a hold on the OL.... but that out of bounds call is not the one. 

Blame the Bengals offense for not taking advantage of their drives... especially the last 2.  I think the grounding was less clear when I saw the end zone replay but live it did look like he dumped the ball to avoid the sack and he was just trying to make it look like a sack.