Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: 2022 - {{SUPERBOWL 57}} ~ THE CHIEFS vs. THE EAGLES

zCommander

2 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

I don’t understand how the league and PA don’t have a plan in place for this type of situation.  It was inevitable that this would happen one day.

Part of it is that it's only happened once before. The other part is that it's at the end of the season between two playoff teams, the most inflexible part of the schedule. It's an impossible situation. The right choice is to agree with the players' decision, but it's still impossible to be give a fair result to either team.

9 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Part of it is that it's only happened once before. The other part is that it's at the end of the season between two playoff teams, the most inflexible part of the schedule. It's an impossible situation. The right choice is to agree with the players' decision, but it's still impossible to be give a fair result to either team.

First off, I will say that Hamlin’s well being is the most important thing here and everything else is secondary.  But it’s basic scenario planning that a multi-billion dollar organization should have in place.  And hopefully never need to use it.  If there is a terrorist attack that affects the playoffs, what do they do?  After doing things on the fly on 2020, you’d think they’d have something in place.

Edited by Ball Security
  • Like 1

Just now, Ball Security said:

First off, I will say that Hamlin’s well being is the most important thing here and everything else is secondary.  But it’s basic scenario planning that a multi-billion should have in place.  And hopefully never need to use it.  If there is a terrorist attack that affects the playoffs, what do they do?  After doing things on the fly on 2020, you’d think they’d have something in place.

Between Covid and now the power substation vandalism, I think it's still human nature to look at how easily things can go wrong and try to ignore it and hope it doesn't happen instead of trying to prevent it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, zCommander said:

They just did. 

Yeah, it seems like they were giving SVP an extra 5 minutes to get on air with something slightly prepared.

It just took too long.  

SVP is SO good. His voice is shaking. He’s barely keeping it together.  

Really hope this doesn’t have a tragic ending. 

Edited by Voice_of_Reason
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

I don’t understand how the league and PA don’t have a plan in place for this type of situation.  It was inevitable that this would happen one day.

There is a plan for suspending/postponing a game and you just watched it. 

3 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

What does that mean? Is that for cardiac arrest?  I sincerely don’t know.

Ventricular fibrillation is a type of irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia). During ventricular fibrillation, the lower heart chambers contract in a very rapid and uncoordinated manner. As a result, the heart doesn't pump blood to the rest of the body.

Ventricular fibrillation is an emergency that requires immediate medical attention. It's the most frequent cause of sudden cardiac death.”

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, tshile said:

Ventricular fibrillation is a type of irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia). During ventricular fibrillation, the lower heart chambers contract in a very rapid and uncoordinated manner. As a result, the heart doesn't pump blood to the rest of the body.

Ventricular fibrillation is an emergency that requires immediate medical attention. It's the most frequent cause of sudden cardiac death.”

Here's a good image of EKG of normal sinus (heartbeat) vs. what happens in VFib

21878-ventricular-fibrillation-illustrat

• Thanks 1