Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What are you drinking?

Spaceman Spiff

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having a cup of coffee on Sunday. I bought a single cup diffuser with extra fine holes and gave up my French press. I only drink one cup a day because it's Hawaiian caffeinated and the diffuser is easier to clean the grounds out. 

I didn't have any cream so whole milk had to do. It's delicious! Tastes like it came from the French press. Full bodied. 

I'm thinking of opening a bottle of wine sometime this week. Since I'm off one of my meds, I can have more variety in my beverages.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

22 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

I'm having a cup of coffee on Sunday. I bought a single cup diffuser with extra fine holes and gave up my French press. I only drink one cup a day because it's Hawaiian caffeinated and the diffuser is easier to clean the grounds out. 

I didn't have any cream so whole milk had to do. It's delicious! Tastes like it came from the French press. Full bodied. 

I'm thinking of opening a bottle of wine sometime this week. Since I'm off one of my meds, I can have more variety in my beverages.

I don't drink anywhere near the amount of coffee that I used to...when I bought the new machine (that can't keep time), I only got the 12-cup for brewing tea.  It has a "strong" setting, and I like a ton of ice in my tea, so it works out well. 

Right now, it's a frosty can of Dr. Pepper in my Duke koozie that I bought at the school.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, LadySkinsFan said:

43 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

I don't drink anywhere near the amount of coffee that I used to...when I bought the new machine (that can't keep time), I only got the 12-cup for brewing tea.  It has a "strong" setting, and I like a ton of ice in my tea, so it works out well. 

Right now, it's a frosty can of Dr. Pepper in my Duke koozie that I bought at the school.

I used to be a coffee geek....I'm a Navy brat and  when Dad was stationed in Naples, Italy, we all developed an affinity for expresso and cappuccino and dark roast coffee.  

I drank 4-5 cups a day, but years ago I had a medical issue where I gave up caffeine and alcohol, for almost a year.   I was allowed to introduce them back into my diet, but found that 1  large mug over the course of the day is plenty. 

I'm still, somewhat of a coffee geek.   In addition to the French press a Chemex 3-cup maker and, of course, I grind my own beans. I even have a collapsible electric kettle and a Melitta collapsible pour over filter for travel.   

I'd rather not drink coffee at all, then have a bad cup. 

Yeah...I guess I'm still a coffee geek.     😅 

Edited by Skinsfan1311
  • Like 1

I rarely drink beer anymore, to the point that it comes perilously close to the sell-by dates.

I think this one is at least a year old, if not older.  The "best before" date is 11/23/23, so might as well drink it.

It's a great cool-weather beer. Heavy, rich, high ABV and aged in used bourbon barrels. 

What's not to like?😎

20231112_152543.jpg

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

I rarely drink beer anymore, to the point that it comes perilously close to the sell-by dates.

I think this one is at least a year old, if not older.  The "best before" date is 11/23/23, so might as well drink it.

It's a great cool-weather beer. Heavy, rich, high ABV and aged in used bourbon barrels. 

What's not to like?😎

20231112_152543.jpg

My favorite red Zin is aged in used bourbon barrels.  It's more expensive by the glass than by the bottle. 

https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwiF-ff1rb-CAxWNNtQBHUl9DFgYABAHGgJvYQ&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIhfn39a2_ggMVjTbUAR1JfQxYEAQYAiABEgI6FvD_BwE&ohost=www.google.com&cid=CAASJeRozIAOM8xGaJF0Nj2YsMQoo_wQlq_c5Vqpotn477giyKmSAcA&sig=AOD64_1yW3d2FBx8nd07dgPMteiw0pGw_A&ctype=5&q=&ved=2ahUKEwii6-31rb-CAxVokmoFHQ-tA2EQ9aACKAB6BAgDECg&adurl=

I'm a big fan of stout beers, that's right up my alley.

• Like 2

I used to drink much more coffee when working. I cut caffeine out, I brew decafe tea bags. 

Coffee I like sweet and creamy from my days in my Miami second house. No cream today so whole milk had to do. I'll get some cream next time I go to the grocery store so it's on hand. I want 1 cup on Sunday morning. Then I can walk off the caffeine effects during the day with Dancer.  I used to read the Sunday post with an egg breakfast of some type and coffee.

• Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, HOF44 said:

They changed up,their packaging and bottles.  But the John’s Lane is good stuff. 

.....and it doesn't break the bank😎

Fran and I drank a lot of whiskey in Ireland, toured the Irish Whiskey Museum,  etc.

Most of the locals drank Powers and I developed a taste for it.

Edited by Skinsfan1311

I used to go to the Sunday brunch at the Chart House in Old Town.. Their Bloody Marys were perfect for me.

I never heard of a powdered Bloody Mary mix, how's that taste? 

Sunday coffee is brewing and I have cream today!

Edited to add: two cups of coffee and a poached egg on toast. 

Edited by LadySkinsFan