Extremeskins

What are you drinking?

Spaceman Spiff

2 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

I used to ask my accountant "How'd you hit 'em?" 

He replied, "Often." 

That about sums it up!

4 hours ago, Llevron said:

How did you like it. This **** is supposed to be pretty good. Brother in law wont shut up about it 

I like it a lot.  We always have a couple of bottles on-hand.  I like most iterations New Riff bourbon,  but am not a huge fan of their rye. The rye isn't bad, but it isn't anything special.   

Edited by Skinsfan1311

6 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I meant a liquor made straight from snap peas. Not juniper based gin with snap pea infusion. 

But maybe that's how all liquors are made? I have a macadamia liquor at home that I giess I have no idea if it was asded to a base liquor or if there is a process of making it straight from macadamia nuts. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2023 at 1:10 PM, The Evil Genius said:

I meant a liquor made straight from snap peas. Not juniper based gin with snap pea infusion. 

But maybe that's how all liquors are made? I have a macadamia liquor at home that I giess I have no idea if it was asded to a base liquor or if there is a process of making it straight from macadamia nuts. 

Generally that's how flavored/infused liquors are made. The flavors you see on the label are added after the initial grain/fruit/starch has been fermented. 

Gin isn't (as far as I know in terms of mainstream gin) distilled from some kind of fermented juniper mash. It essentially starts life as vodka or some other neutral spirit and then the juniper and other botanicals are added later. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2023 at 12:46 PM, PleaseBlitz said:

Last night I had a ****tail where the forward flavor was PEAS. Yes, peas. 

It was so good I made the bartender tell me how to make it, and once i get to the liquor store, I will be making pea-infused gin later. 

IMG_5637.jpeg

Update. It took the gin WAY long than anticipated to infuse to the point the peas are like “BANG IN YO FACE.”  I thought it would take 3-4 days, it actually took 12. Anyways, nice and clean, good green color, turned out well. 

The bartender at Vermillion gave me the ingredients but not the ratios, so this may take a few tries to perfect. So darn, gonna have to drink a bunch of them. 

IMG_5687.jpeg

IMG_5688.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1