What are you drinking?

Spaceman Spiff

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Chew said:

SBBP :wub:

IMG_20240408_201025.jpg.0f17a9f50cad757739c912d754b73541.jpg

This is one of the best barrel-proofers on the market and one of my favorites. For whatever reason, it flies below the radar and is a bargain, as far as barrel proof whiskey goes.  You'd be hard pressed to find a better one at that price point.  I hope the folks at JD don't realize this and start jacking up the price, (pun fully intended), like Beam did years ago with the Booker's.  I have at least a case of different releases and barrel picks squirreled away.     

Have you tried the rye?   It used to be hard to find, but it's getting easier and it's insanely good.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

This is one of the best barrel-proofers on the market and one of my favorites. For whatever reason, it flies below the radar and is a bargain, as far as barrel proof whiskey goes.  You'd be hard pressed to find a better one at that price point.  I hope the folks at JD don't realize this and start jacking up the price, (pun fully intended), like Beam did years ago with the Booker's.  I have at least a case of different releases and barrel picks squirreled away.     

Have you tried the rye?   It used to be hard to find, but it's getting easier and it's insanely good.

It was so good.  They only had a 375 and it's gone LOL.  I've never been a big JD guy but my whiskey buddy highly recommended the rye and this.  For the price point the SBBP is punching way above its weight class. Surprisingly not that hot for a barrel strength, very smooth going down.  

Buddy said the rye is even better but it's not in my area anywhere :(.  Took me a lot of internet clicks to even find the regular SBBP close to me.   

I'm fairly new to rye and was gonna pick up some Pikesville as my entry bottle.  Got any rye recommendations? 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Chew said:

It was so good.  They only had a 375 and it's gone LOL.  I've never been a big JD guy but my whiskey buddy highly recommended the rye and this.  For the price point the SBBP is punching way above its weight class. Surprisingly not that hot for a barrel strength, very smooth going down.  

Buddy said the rye is even better but it's not in my area anywhere :(.  Took me a lot of internet clicks to even find the regular SBBP close to me.   

I'm fairly new to rye and was gonna pick up some Pikesville as my entry bottle.  Got any rye recommendations? 

If you want another solid, barrel proof whiskey that flies under the radar and is very reasonably priced, pick up a bottle of Old Granddad 114.

Pikesville is a great choice. It's so good it may ruin you for other ryes.  There are a ton of them.  Off the top of my head?  Wild Turkey 101, Rare Breed,  Woodford Reserve, Old Forester, Old Overholt 114,  Knob Creek, Sazerac, Sagamore are all solid.   Mrs. Skinsfan likes Elijah Craig & Bulleit.     There are just way to many.  

• Thanks 1

As I mentioned in the cooking thread, I got a plot in my local community garden. I just got it March 1, so have not actually grown anything yet, but Im there today trying to get it in order, and the family next to me is there, so we’re chatting, and theyve had their plot for a few years so they already have stuff coming up. Guy is like, “we have so much freaking mint, please take some.”  So obvious I made mint juleps with Makers and absurdly fresh mint that had been in the ground 30 minutes ago. 

IMG_6040.jpeg

IMG_6041.jpeg

IMG_6042.jpeg

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Parents, as soon as they’re old enough, always teach your children how to muddle mint and lime!

She ended up mixing 3 different mocktails like a mad scientist. Best was mint/simple/lemon juice/sprite. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4