Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Commanders Announce Game Themes

Mrshadow008

Not sure if this deserves its own thread or not. If not Mods feel free to move to another thread. 

https://www.commanders.com/news/washington-commanders-announce-game-themes-for-inaugural-season

Some things of note. New fight song introduced against Panthers. Black out game Vs the Vikings. Sean Taylor Memorial revealed against the Falcons, New mascot revealed vs Browns as well as Hogs being honored. Dallas is a White out game. Thoughts?

…..the team can’t just reveal the mascot week 1….? How much time do these idiots need????

(thats how the bashing works right? I’m doing it correctly?) 

i do like the ST memorial being revealed on the anniversary of his death though, and the black out (all black unis Vs Vikings? **** yeah!!)

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Well, they are idiots for revealing a mascot week 17. Also, yes, how much time do they need? They took forever for a crappy simple name and a crap uniform change. You can tell those two took no thought. I’m sure there are great people that could design a mascot and build the suit before preseason even begins. We see it all the time with cosplayers.

So, for a supposedly professional (hint, they’re not) NFL team to wait another 6 months to reveal a mascot, is indeed quite dumb. Ill give them credit where credit is due. As of right now, I believe, or hope, we are doing well on the football side. The rest of the team is a crap hole.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Well, they are idiots for revealing a mascot week 17. Also, yes, how much time do they need? They took forever for a crappy simple name and a crap uniform change. You can tell those two took no thought. I’m sure there are great people that could design a mascot and build the suit before preseason even begins. We see it all the time with cosplayers.

So, for a supposedly professional (hint, they’re not) NFL team to wait another 6 months to reveal a mascot, is indeed quite dumb

EXACTLY!!! 

(i dont agree on the name and uniform change, so we won’t get into that because i just simply don’t care to argue right now, but everything else you said: 100% agree) 

• Thumb up 1

With us going with the #HTTC hashtag over #TakeCommand... And the rollout of the new fight song being so early (week 1 preseason)... I fully anticipate the fight song being a slightly tweaked version of Hail to The Redskins. I hope the background music is the exact same.

Also dig the idea of the mascot being a Commander Hog.

• Like 3

Just now, SkinsFTW said:

That'll be funny!

artworks-000081056313-02kpw8-t500x500.jp

We butchered enough of the team tradition by going with such a weak name and completely new uniforms. Nothing wrong or funny about holding on to the fight song and the legacy of the Hogs. They've alienated the fanbase enough... At least give me my fight song so I can scream the real lyrics at the top of my lungs at home games.

2 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I'm a little leery of themes:

Week 1: Disappointment

Week 2: Frustration

Week 3: Depression

Week 4 Despair

Week 5 Resignation

Week 6 Let's talk about the 2023 Draft!

You forgot one!

Week 9 PALOFFS IS NOW!!!

• Haha 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I desperately don't want a Paloffs is now season.  For once I'd like a season where we know we're headed to the playoffs mid-season without having to win 6 games in a row to get there.  

Oh, so like 2016?

6-3-1 start, finished 8-7-1.

And RR did the same thing in Carolina. 6-2 start, 7-9 finish.

I wouldn't try to get too excited until about Week 14. 

12 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Oh, so like 2016?

And 2018. 6-3 start, finished 7-9. 

and 2008. 6-2 start, finished 8-8. 

You’re right, don’t get excited until week 14 😂

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Oh, so like 2016?

I should add I don't want them to work they're way into a "Paloffs is now" scenario either.  The 2016 season was as disappointing a season as I can remember for the 'Skins.  And I think the loss to the Giants is actually why Kirk was never offered anything close to a market value contract in the 2017 off-season.  

I went back to look at the 2018 Carolina season a bit.  That really is an outlier for Ron, in that his teams typically start slow and finish better.  That one started fast, and then hit a wall.  TH and KA started the final 2 games of the season.  Newton wasn't healthy the entire year, and played really badly.  Took sacks and threw INTs at a really high rate.  

1 minute ago, CobraCommander said:

We can't have white out or black out games with a bunch of empty seats. It's gonna look like there are even less fans. At least with the dappled yellow and red seats it kind blends in. 

The solution would be for people to root for the team to go to the games....

• Haha 1

Didn't Snyder have some partnership deal going with Tom Cruise at some point? If so, I expect our mascot not to be Tom Cruise riding his Top Gun motorcycle with a hot chick behind him, but the volleyball!

Meet your Washington Commanders mascot... Spike!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Didn't Snyder have some partnership deal going with Tom Cruise at some point? If so, I expect our mascot not to be Tom Cruise riding his Top Gun motorcycle with a hot chick behind him, but the volleyball!

Meet your Washington Commanders mascot... Spike!

I think youre thinking about the actor named Wilson. Yes he had a bit role in Top Gun. However his biggest role to date was playing himself Wilson the Volleyball next to Tom Hanks in Castaway. Shoulda won an oscar for best supporting actor if you ask me. 

• Haha 1

So ****ing dumb to reveal a new mascot in week 17. You don’t know what the season will have been like, looking back from that point. You’re setting yourself up for lots of potential ridicule if we’re in the home stretch of another lost season and they try to manufacture fake hype for a new dumb mascot. 

Do I actually think the season will be trash by then? No, I think we’ll at least be in the playoff race unless Wentz gets hurt. But you’re leaving the option open by doing this. The team is obviously BANKING on a potential run at the playoffs to stir up any sort of positive emotion for the new mascot, hoping we go on a little run and secure some some fun media coverage that allows them to create new “traditions” from whole cloth. It’s a risky gamble. And pretending they don’t already know what it will be? Laughably arrogant all the way around. 

• Like 1